Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who in the NFC east scares you?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/9/...dskins-week-one

It really was a week that makes me think the division is up for grabs.
nephillymike
Everyone.

We just lost to the Falcons and our savior on D sucked.

Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 16 2015, 08:14 PM) *
Everyone.

We just lost to the Falcons and our savior on D sucked.

In fairness to Maxwell, Kelly had him in single coverage on Julio Jones. That would be a test for Revis.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 16 2015, 08:23 PM) *
In fairness to Maxwell, Kelly had him in single coverage on Julio Jones. That would be a test for Revis.

In fairness to Kelly, he also couldn't cover White.

10-11, 171 yds. and 2 TD's.

Can you imagine if Dez was playing this week?
El Cubano
Them cowgirls.

We can't seem to come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and need a whole half to make things click. Going against Dallas, that shit ain't gonna fly unless our pass-rush shows up AND steps up. If we're gonna rely on a 2nd half comeback against arguably the most clutch QB in the game, our defense is gonna have to be scary good.
Phits
The only team in the NFC East that scares me is the Eagles. After watching their performance in the second half against ATL, they have the potential to be an offensive juggernaut. Unfortunately, all of that potential doesn't mean squat if they keep making mental mistakes. I have faith that they will be better prepared as the season advances, but it is the only thing that worries me in the NFC.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 16 2015, 10:21 PM) *
The only team in the NFC East that scares me is the Eagles. After watching their performance in the second half against ATL, they have the potential to be an offensive juggernaut. Unfortunately, all of that potential doesn't mean squat if they keep making mental mistakes. I have faith that they will be better prepared as the season advances, but it is the only thing that worries me in the NFC.

Yes! Too much overreaction and panic after game 1! Plenty of time for that, also plenty of time to fix issues.
Dreagon
They all do.

The Redskins split with us a lot...no matter how bad they are in a given season. Last year we made their third string QB look like he was Canton bound.

We have owned the Giants recently record wise, but almost all those games were settled in the last two minutes. Our games with the Giants are always guaranteed to go weird in some way.

Then there are you guys. The Eagles are easily the strongest team of our NFC East opponents. You guys have a scary mix of players and an innovative coach. He immediately turned a 4-12 team around into a 10-6 contender, and then repeated that performance last year with Mark Sanchez as QB (ponder that a second).

So i hold my breath no matter which division team we're playing. I haven't seen a gimme in this division in years.
CT_Eagle
Nobody yet.

This weekend is a good test. I will be looking for the following:

1. Can the secondary shut down the Dallas air game? If they cannot shut down the Cowboys without Bryant then they are in deep trouble.
2. Can the DL limit the run game? Dallas has a good OL so this will be a good test for them.
3. Can the D sack Romo? Again, a good test against a good OL.
4. Can the OL protect Bradford? They did a poor job of it last week and I think the Dallas DL is better than the Falcons.
5. Can the OL open holes for the running backs? The running game was non-existent last week.
Spock
Chip Kelly
JeeQ
QUOTE (Spock @ Sep 18 2015, 06:43 PM) *
Chip Kelly

You should always fear a man that gets referred to as a "offensive genius" but has never won a single game that matters

Especially when we just fired the last "offensive genius" a few seasons ago
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 18 2015, 09:56 PM) *
You should always fear a man that gets referred to as a "offensive genius" but has never won a single game that matters

Being an offensive genius and winning games are not synonymous with one another. To Chip's credit, under his watch the Eagles have been an offensive powerhouse. When it comes to offense his ability to scheme can't be denied.
2013: Scored 442 points (27.6/g)
2014: Scored 474 points (29.6/g)
Maxx
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 16 2015, 02:30 PM) *
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/9/...dskins-week-one

It really was a week that makes me think the division is up for grabs.

Nobody. Giants,Cowboys and Redskins are all weak and we're going to sleep through the division.
Eyrie
Bill Davis.

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 19 2015, 02:56 AM) *

Especially when we just fired the last "offensive genius" a few seasons ago

Hence why I used to refer to Reid as a "super-genius".
Zero
QUOTE (Maxx @ Sep 19 2015, 12:07 AM) *
Nobody. Giants,Cowboys and Redskins are all weak and we're going to sleep through the division.

I wouldn't say the Cowboys are weak and the Giants always scare me because they have a way with luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.