Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Decamera of 97.5 On his Film Review With Jaws
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He's still on 97.5 until 10 PM.

A few startling observations from watching the game film at NFL films with Jaws:

1. The interior of the OL was a train wreck. Made inside zone runs futile and passing dangerous.

2. Much to his sadness, he think Ryans is done. They benched him in the second half. He couldn't move.

3. The non blitz pass rush was non existent. Graham did not play well.

4. Alonzo had a real bad game. One fantastic play and a bunch of bad ones.

5. The defensive backfield is a mess. Maxwell was way behind his guy and Carroll struggled. Maragos played 30+ snaps on defense b/c they moved Jenkins to slot corner and Maragos to S!!

6. Bradford was accurate and hung in there despite a turnstile on the interior OL.

7. Cox played a hell of a game.

8. J. Matthews played a great game, until the drop.

9. L. Johnson had a nice game

10. Billy Davis slow to non existent adjustments is very strange. He's concerned.

Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 15 2015, 08:49 PM) *
He's still on 97.5 until 10 PM.

A few startling observations from watching the game film at NFL films with Jaws:

1. The interior of the OL was a train wreck. Made inside zone runs futile and passing dangerous.

2. Much to his sadness, he think Ryans is done. They benched him in the second half. He couldn't move.

3. The non blitz pass rush was non existent. Graham did not play well.

4. Alonzo had a real bad game. One fantastic play and a bunch of bad ones.

5. The defensive backfield is a mess. Maxwell was way behind his guy and Carroll struggled. Maragos played 30+ snaps on defense b/c they moved Jenkins to slot corner and Maragos to S!!

6. Bradford was accurate and hung in there despite a turnstile on the interior OL.

7. Cox played a hell of a game.

8. J. Matthews played a great game, until the drop.

9. L. Johnson had a nice game

10. Billy Davis slow to non existent adjustments is very strange. He's concerned.

That's a good review.

watched Kelly's presser and he said while Sam probably would want a couple throws back from half 1 - he said Huff ran the wrong route as did Agular and Erttz on the first series.

I give Ertz a pass for just coming back and all but that was a weird one to me. He had the defender to the inside and it was clear the break should have been to the outside, right were Sam put the ball...but Ertz for some reason broke in. LOL the look on Sam's face after he threw that ball and saw Ertz go the other way was priceless!
nephillymike
My patience with Huff is on E.

The mistakes with this kid continue.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 16 2015, 06:17 AM) *
My patience with Huff is on E.

The mistakes with this kid continue.

Same here, because I'm counting on him making Cooper obsolete. Wish Bailey could have made the team.

In addition -- the comments about the interior of the line explain all the "Andyball" we saw this game

My faith in Bradford is justified. After the Eagles scored despite those penalties leveled on him, I'm just glad that the Eagles have a QB sans controversy again.

WRs gotta get on the same page as Sam.

Sad to hear about Ryans. I was surprised he was back so soon honestly. I thought he got Chip'd. Maybe he'll be better later on in the season.

lol @ Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher getting bounced but their replacements basically doing the same thing
D Rock
When I saw Huff in there to receive the opening kick, my thought was .... "let's see how he fucks THIS up."
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 16 2015, 04:10 PM) *
When I saw Huff in there to receive the opening kick, my thought was .... "let's see how he fucks THIS up."

Last year after he messed up the ARI game, he was back to receive the opening kick vs. TEN and I go crazy saying get this idiot off the field. Even my biys were in disbelief but not as loud as me.

He then returns the kick for a TD.

Other than that, he;s done nothing.
Joegrane
In addition -- the comments about the interior of the line explain all the "Andyball" we saw this game

We are likely to see much more "Andyball" and outside runs. Hopefully the O Linemen will get to know each other better and improve in pass protection during the year.

My faith in Bradford is justified. After the Eagles scored despite those penalties leveled on him,...

So much rests on him this year. If he continues to be efficient in the short passing game, it will help the D with field position and time of possession.

WRs gotta get on the same page as Sam.

It is reasonable to think the young WRs will gradually improve. We had to expect problems in this area.

Sad to hear about Ryans.

I doubt this is the case. Why would they have signed the extension if there was good reason to think he would not be productive. He might just be taking longer than normal to bounce back--not a surprise at his age. I don't expect him to be the same player; just a capable member of the rotation.

I suppose we can see why they resigned Kendricks.

lol @ Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher getting bounced but their replacements basically doing the same thing

Last year I was not as tough on them as most because they were so often left on an island, especially Fletcher. Only elite CBs can do that. That's Davis's system.

Hopefully part of the problem was that Maxwell was going against his former coach. The negative is that there is on tape a game plan for beating him. Fortunately that was against a Pro Bowl caliber receiver.

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 16 2015, 10:55 PM) *
That's Davis's system.

Although I supported Davis's hire, I'm beginning to wonder if he might be a big part of the problem.
Eyrie
Kelly wanted a 3-4 defence, but he's had long enough now to realise that we need a better co-ordinator to run it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.