Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DKD thoughts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
1. First game, bunch of new players together getting accustomed to one another. Team played good in second half on both sides plus ST. All three units were missing in the first half.
2 Bradford got his ass kicked and kept getting up for more. Tough dude but how much can he take?
3. Both guards were embarrassed in the first half. Playing time or talent?
4. Maxwell was embarrassed in the first half. Quinn familiarity/Jones or talent?
5. Running game was missing. Guards or smart defense?
mcnabbulous
Even Peters was bad last night. The guards weren't good, but continuity is so crucial to OL play. They'll get better throughout the season, but last night was definitely a bad showing.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2015, 10:47 AM) *
1. First game, bunch of new players together getting accustomed to one another. Team played good in second half on both sides plus ST. All three units were missing in the first half.
2 Bradford got his ass kicked and kept getting up for more. Tough dude but how much can he take?
3. Both guards were embarrassed in the first half. Playing time or talent?
4. Maxwell was embarrassed in the first half. Quinn familiarity/Jones or talent?
5. Running game was missing. Guards or smart defense?

Atlanta's defensive scheme guessed on almost all of Chip's tendencies early on. They were very well prepared.
D Rock
Quinn beat Chip as DC in Seattle too. He's the defensive version of Chip. Keep the scheme simple, line-up, and play honest D. It wasn't until they were tired that our O worked. Almost a carbon copy of last Seattle game.
nephillymike
Our Guards blow.

Sam was check down Sam. Needs to gut it out and throw the ball over the top once in a while, unless they think our Wr's aren't good enough to get open deep. Get your big boy pants on and throw the ball deep.

Our CB's STILL can't play. The most alarming thing of all was that Quinn was his Dc last year and he decided to seek him out as a target. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't.

That game last night was my late preseason upgrade from 10-6 to 11-5.

Now back at 10-6 and while not bad, it's not conducive to a playoff win in most seasons.

We'll see.
mcnabbulous
Why do you need to throw it deep if you're having success to the tune of 9ypa? Our offense was exactly what I predicted it would be. Expect that to continue all season.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 07:46 PM) *
Why do you need to throw it deep if you're having success to the tune of 9ypa? Our offense was exactly what I predicted it would be. Expect that to continue all season.

Exactly how predicted?? As part of 14-2 grand master plan?

Not good enough to beat a shitty defense?

A QB with a 77.1 passer rating?

When you continue to throw the ball in the middle of the field in short and intermediate routes, the congestion risks fumble causing hits and tipped ball INT's.

Not saying you do it all of the time, but you need to mix it up.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 15 2015, 08:35 PM) *
The most alarming thing of all was that Quinn was his Dc last year and he decided to seek him out as a target. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't.

What we do know is that when Quinn was in Seattle teams didn't throw at Sherman. That meant that Maxwell got the attention. It would also mean that Quinn knows his players, their strengths and weaknesses. It also means he had Julio Jones and the Eagles had Maxwell and Carroll. He could have picked on Carroll too.
Quinn raved about Maxwell and admitted that the Falcons courted the veteran cornerback who now headlines the Eagles' secondary.

"For sure," Quinn said when asked if the Falcons were interested in Maxwell, despite his lofty price tag in free agency. "Just based on those three things I just said. "Any team would be crazy not to be interested. Then, as I said, my relationship makes him somebody we would talk about. He's just right in the middle of it. He's starting to come into his own, and I see a big future ahead for him."
Here ...
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 15 2015, 08:56 PM) *
Exactly how predicted?? As part of 14-2 grand master plan?

Not good enough to beat a shitty defense?

A QB with a 77.1 passer rating?

When you continue to throw the ball in the middle of the field in short and intermediate routes, the congestion risks fumble causing hits and tipped ball INT's.

Not saying you do it all of the time, but you need to mix it up.

I disagree. No need to force the issue. You find the holes and take what the D gives you. No need to go deep if they keep giving it to you underneath. Let your receivers give you the YAC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.