Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm really surprised by Kelly's game management
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Speed_Kills
1) Should have definitely challenged the Matthews non-TD

2) NEVER run on 3rd and 1 when Bradford was on fire (21/22 in second half to that point)

3) NEVER, EVER, EVER kick the fg on fourth and one that was missed.

Bill Bellichek does NONE of those three things folks.

Kelly for all his bravado let this team down today.

Just rewind the tape to 3rd and 1, IF he keeps his pedal to the metal and lets Sam throw I have ZERO doubt the Eagles score a TD on that drive and most likely with very little time left.

Chipster, you got to look yourself in the mirror tonight.
Pila
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Sep 15 2015, 03:24 AM) *
1) Should have definitely challenged the Matthews non-TD

2) NEVER run on 3rd and 1 when Bradford was on fire (21/22 in second half to that point)

3) NEVER, EVER, EVER kick the fg on fourth and one that was missed.

Bill Bellichek does NONE of those three things folks.

Kelly for all his bravado let this team down today.

Just rewind the tape to 3rd and 1, IF he keeps his pedal to the metal and lets Sam throw I have ZERO doubt the Eagles score a TD on that drive and most likely with very little time left.

Chipster, you got to look yourself in the mirror tonight.
He did, let us down. But he does learn.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 14 2015, 09:54 PM) *
He did, let us down. But he does learn.

And for what it's worth, I've watched a lot of ugly football get played this first weekend. Nobody, especially in the NFC, looked in midseason form.
JeeQ
Chip was out-coached and out-schemed by a new head coach coaching in his first game ever...

Luckily there's no where to go but up
mcnabbulous
Lol. Bill Belichick does none of those things. You people say the same shit about Tom Coughlin when he wins. But when they lose...

I didn't love he decision to kick, but a pro kicker should make that in a dome.

We played like trash against a new coaching staff in the first half. In the second half we dominated. Bradford was everything we could have hoped in the second half. It's one game. Relax.
Pila
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 15 2015, 04:00 AM) *
Chip was out-coached and out-schemed by a new head coach coaching in his first game ever...

He took too long to adjust. It was obvious after the first two series that the defense was going to play everything short. They jumped on everything in play behind the line of scrimmage. They anticipated that we would keep things safe for Bradford.

And Chip took too long to start dropping Bradford seriously.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 14 2015, 11:01 PM) *
Lol. Bill Belichick does none of those things. You people say the same shit about Tom Coughlin when he wins. But when they lose...

We played like trash against a new coaching staff in the first half. In the second half we dominated. Bradford was everything we could have hoped in the second half. It's one game. Relax.

No I hated the DESISION to even try the fg. No way where they holding the Falcons down.

Bradford was on fire. hell I would have never run Matthews on 3rd and 1. The Falcons were GASSED.

Bad coaching under pressure.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Sep 14 2015, 10:07 PM) *
No I hated the DESISION to even try the fg. No way where they holding the Falcons down.

Bradford was on fire. hell I would have never run Matthews on 3rd and 1. The Falcons were GASSED.

Bad coaching under pressure.

We had given up 6 points in the second half. The idea of us holding them (which we subsequently did) was not unreasonable.

Also decision has a c.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 04:01 AM) *

No. Chip got caught unprepared. Give them credit.

He adjusted, but took too long. Refs were atrocious, began calling the holding entirely too late, but he was also late in letting Bradford take over the game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 14 2015, 10:06 PM) *
He took too long to adjust. It was obvious after the first two series that the defense was going to play everything short. They jumped on everything in play behind the line of scrimmage. They anticipated that we would keep things safe for Bradford.

And Chip took too long to start dropping Bradford seriously.

We didn't do anything deep in the second half with great success. Our execution was poor in the first half, but the game plan didn't change.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 04:11 AM) *
We didn't do anything deep in the second half with great success. Our execution was poor in the first half, but the game plan didn't change.

Not true. While we didn't hit anything deep, we began sending guys deep, while dropping Bradford, seriously. Game plan was a complete negative from the first half.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 14 2015, 11:10 PM) *
No. Chip got caught unprepared. Give them credit.

He adjusted, but took too long. Refs were atrocious, began calling the holding entirely too late, but he was also late in letting Bradford take over the game.

LOL about the penalties...how about the one drive they Eagles gained 131 yards ON ONE DRIVE!!!! Has to be an NFL record!!
Pila
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Sep 15 2015, 04:18 AM) *
LOL about the penalties...how about the one drive they Eagles gained 131 yards ON ONE DRIVE!!!! Has to be an NFL record!!

Refs were awful. I mean, atrocious.

First few Atlanta's drives were incredibly dubious with the holding.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 14 2015, 10:13 PM) *
Not true. While we didn't hit anything deep, we began sending guys deep, while dropping Bradford, seriously. Game plan was a complete negative from the first half.

We will have to agree to disagree. We missed a few seam routes in the first half. Otherwise it was similar.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 04:26 AM) *
We will have to agree to disagree. We missed a few seam routes in the first half. Otherwise it was similar.

Nothing similar about it. Second half were real drop backs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 14 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Chip the coach did fine.

Chip the egomaniac GM sucked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.