Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bunch of parts changed
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Defense blows.
Offense can't get it done at crunchtime.

I'm sure they will still be good. 9-7. Maybe 10-6.

They have long long way to go to be Superbowl contenders, though.
JeeQ
Hmm...

I remember another guy on this board saying that exact same thing

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 7 2015, 10:25 AM) *
I don't think we improved so much as we rearranged the pieces so I can't see us doing any better than last season

HobbEs
15 more to go. Hopefully they can get it together.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 14 2015, 10:15 PM) *
Defense blows.

As much as I don't wanna admit it and want us to so badly win the Super Bowl or make a deep run, you're right. We still need a few more pieces and a year or two to make this team gel and work together as one.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Sep 14 2015, 10:24 PM) *
As much as I don't wanna admit it and want us to so badly win the Super Bowl or make a deep run, you're right. We still need a few more pieces and a year or two to make this team gel and work together as one.

A legit pass rusher #1, a legit, FAST OLD #2, and another year experience for both JMatt and Agular #3.

Team is green in some crucial areas (no pun intended).
Wheeljack
Defense blows.

they probably go 5-6 in the division barring a disaster
they'll win more than 5 outside of that

I think Bradford and co. will only get better. Enough that it doesn't have come down to a 4th and 1 FG.

When they still scored on that drive with all of those penalties committed that's when I realized that all was not lost.

Chip needs to not take cues from Andy Reid and run the ball.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Sep 14 2015, 07:30 PM) *
they probably go 5-6 in the division barring a disaster
they'll win more than 5 outside of that

I think Bradford and co. will only get better. Enough that it doesn't have come down to a 4th and 1 FG.

When they still scored on that drive with all of those penalties committed that's when I realized that all was not lost.

Chip needs to not take cues from Andy Reid and run the ball.

Amazing that we spent a truckload on DeMarco and Mathews and they amounted to jack shit today... 13 yards combined on the ground

He didn't even try to run DeMarco on short yardage situations or up the middle of the defense... the main two reasons we brought him here
Pila
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 15 2015, 03:34 AM) *
Amazing that we spent a truckload on DeMarco and Mathews and they amounted to jack shit today... 13 yards combined on the ground

He didn't even try to run DeMarco on short yardage situations or up the middle of the defense... the main two reasons we brought him here

Chip was slow to adjust to Falcons D scheme, which predicated on the short game, and seemed to guess correctly early.

But once the vertical throws started, the entire offense fell into place.

It wasn't even fair at that point, too bad chip still had a bad decision to make.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 14 2015, 10:00 PM) *
Chip was slow to adjust to Falcons D scheme, which predicated on the short game, and seemed to guess correctly early.

But once the vertical throws started, the entire offense fell into place.

It wasn't even fair at that point, too bad chip still had a bad decision to make.

What vertical throws?
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 04:13 AM) *
What vertical throws?

Not throws. Patterns. More specifically - drop backs.
Reality Fan
The sky is falling...the sky is falling....

jesus....what a bunch of fickle fucks...

It was a bad game for a lot of folks......but it was also the first real playing time for a bunch of folks at a bunch of positions....

They will be fine..
Pila
I think so too. They figured it out in the second half. Coaching has to be more ready. Teams are going to force Bradford to challenge them.

Clearly he'll need to beat them early for things to fall into place. It's time to let him play like an elite QB.
Zero
Defense blows.

I thought you already did your overreaction post. C'mon, it's game one and all the pieces on the team are still learning to play together. At least give the a couple of games before we bury them. We saw two teams play tonight and the second half team was pretty good.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 15 2015, 12:02 AM) *
I think so too. They figured it out in the second half. Coaching has to be more ready. Teams are going to force Bradford to challenge them.

Clearly he'll need to beat them early for things to fall into place. It's time to let him play like an elite QB.

WR play.

Matthews played well, I won't kill him for the last one, he's a young guy and that will only make him better down the road.

Austin however, when you take a second look at that seam pass in the first half up the right sideline.....weak effort on a ball any decent NFL wr should have caught in stride.

Ertz started slow, turning the wrong way on the first 3 an out on what would have been a huge gainer but he and Sam have not played together at all so the adjustment period is underway there but he played much better as the game went on.

Agular played like a rookie and got taken advantage as such when his first pass play the DB punked him by hitting him in the grill (of course no call) but he did make a nice catch later on.

Cooper? I just don't get this cat. He's a glorified 6 OL imo.

And Matthews huge drop out of the back field...he's much better than that.

All in all it was (I hope) a good learning experience for Sam and all these guys.

Short week before Dallas. Big game Sunday.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 14 2015, 11:56 PM) *
The sky is falling...the sky is falling....

jesus....what a bunch of fickle fucks...

It was a bad game for a lot of folks......but it was also the first real playing time for a bunch of folks at a bunch of positions....

They will be fine..

Saying that this is a good team, and will probably be 9-7 or 10-6 does not equate to claiming that the sky is falling.

xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2015, 05:59 AM) *
I thought you already did your overreaction post. C'mon, it's game one and all the pieces on the team are still learning to play together. At least give the a couple of games before we bury them. We saw two teams play tonight and the second half team was pretty good.

How is it overreacting to say that we'll probably "only" be 9-7 or 10-6?

IMO, after watching the game last night, that's a pretty level headed prediction.
nd9kel
If it's true that the greatest progress in performance is from Game One to Game Two then maybe we're in for a real treat against Dallas.

DeMarco will certainly be motivated. It's a home game. Sam has all tentativeness about his knee out of his mind. The coaching staff should be more reactive to in-game changes that need to be made.

I'm stoked.
Zero
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 15 2015, 07:32 AM) *
How is it overreacting to say that we'll probably "only" be 9-7 or 10-6?

IMO, after watching the game last night, that's a pretty level headed prediction.

This:
Defense blows.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2015, 08:05 AM) *
This:

Exactly. That's why I said we were only going to be good, and not great. 9-7 or 10-6 instead of 12-4 or 13-3.

I don't think that's over reacting based on what we saw last night.
Birdman420
lol am I the only one who liked what he saw from our team?

Yeah we lost, did you expect atlanta to play up to that level? I sure didn't...

1st half was awful for us(as we've been conditioned to see) Jones was uncovered and their D had "Stuff the run and make sam throw scheme"

All in all, I like it and can't wait for the season to continue.
mcnabbulous
"We should have run more."

[Bradford absolutely shreds the defense]

"We still should have run more."

Atlanta was basically forcing us to throw the ball. They played us the same way Seattle did last year. The difference being that this time, we had a QB that could react and deliver accordingly.

Everyone was sure that Chip came here to be turn us into a smash mouth team, but the reality is that all he cares about our match ups. If the game is lending itself to throwing, that's what he will do. In this case, it was the correct strategy and a few more cases of our guys executing correctly results in a different outcome.

Bradford was fucking awesome though. Processes information quickly. Delivers accurate throws. Once he settled in, you could really see how tough we are going to be to stop.
xsv
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 15 2015, 08:38 AM) *
lol am I the only one who liked what he saw from our team?

Yeah we lost, did you expect atlanta to play up to that level? I sure didn't...

1st half was awful for us(as we've been conditioned to see) Jones was uncovered and their D had "Stuff the run and make sam throw scheme"

All in all, I like it and can't wait for the season to continue.

You liked that we couldn't cover Jones all game? 9 catches for 141 yards
You liked that they were able to run at 4 yards per carry behind an offensive line that is regarded as one of the worst in the league?
You liked that we had 10 penalties for 88 yards, nearly all on the offense?
You liked that our kicker is in a horrible slump and cant make kicks regarded a routine?
You liked that we couldn't run the ball..... at all?

Bradford looks good. That's really the only thing that was really positive that I saw about last night. What else did you like?

Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 09:02 AM) *
... the reality is that all he cares about our match ups. If the game is lending itself to throwing, that's what he will do.
This is true, but sometimes he should to do something to direct the matchups. Lead instead of react. I think most coaches know his MO, and he should be flexible enough to set them up and fool them once in awhile.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2015, 09:00 AM) *
This is true, but sometimes he should to do something to direct the matchups. Lead instead of react. I think most coaches know his MO, and he should be flexible enough to set them up and fool them once in awhile.

Our offense was pretty awesome in the second half. I'm really not sure what people are getting so worked up over. We made some small adjustments, executed better, and basically did exactly what we wanted.

We need to clean up the mistakes, but all things considered, we very easily could have won that game.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 10:47 AM) *
Our offense was pretty awesome in the second half. I'm really not sure what people are getting so worked up over. We made some small adjustments, executed better, and basically did exactly what we wanted.

We need to clean up the mistakes, but all things considered, we very easily could have won that game.

We should have won this game easily. It's more than that. The team needs to be better prepared, and that falls on Chips shoulders. Hopefully this was a wake up call and we come out prepared to play two full halves next week.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 15 2015, 09:57 AM) *
We should have won this game easily. It's more than that. The team needs to be better prepared, and that falls on Chips shoulders. Hopefully this was a wake up call and we come out prepared to play two full halves next week.

They barely played together in the preseason. It's what people were worried about, but ultimately it's not what Chip's end game is. It would have been nice to get out of there with a win, but it's a marathon.

If we lose next week, people can start to panic.
D Rock
Still a 12 win team.

BOOK IT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.