Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I would have gone for it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Hindsight 20/20. The way our offense is rolling anything less than 3 yards is a 'gimme'
mcnabbulous
Easier to say from the comforts of the sideline. I feel the same way, but who knows.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 14 2015, 10:03 PM) *
Hindsight 20/20. The way our offense is rolling anything less than 3 yards is a 'gimme'

Without question. Also I would have thrown on 3rd down, Bradford was 21/22 in the second half at that point.
Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 15 2015, 03:03 AM) *

It wasn't hindsight. Defense could barely breath.

Coaching lost the game. Took Chip too long to adapt to Atlanta's scheme. Then poor feel for how things were going once they got going and had them on the ropes.

Bradford was fucking elite for the majority of the game.

This loss is on Chip.
D Rock
Go for it was the call.

The loss was on Davis. I was telling my dog, in 3rd and 14, mid 4th quarter... "Prime draw situation." They call draw and get the 1st. That's the game.

4 dropped balls in the first half. Blame Sam if ya like. But you're crazy. Austin dropped a sure TD in the first. Mathews dropped a pass that was 25+ before touched.

No time for pitch forks. Offense was slow to start. Uneccesary loss? Sure. Sky falling? Hell naw.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 15 2015, 01:41 AM) *
Go for it was the call.

The loss was on Davis. I was telling my dog, in 3rd and 14, mid 4th quarter... "Prime draw situation." They call draw and get the 1st. That's the game.

4 dropped balls in the first half. Blame Sam if ya like. But you're crazy. Austin dropped a sure TD in the first. Mathews dropped a pass that was 25+ before touched.

No time for pitch forks. Offense was slow to start. Uneccesary loss? Sure. Sky falling? Hell naw.

There were several more big plays thereafter but you are dead on!

That draw was from the Falcon 7 yard line with 4 minutes left in the 3rd Q and Atlanta up 20-17.

AFTER they picked up the first down they went on a long drive, kicked a FG to go up 23-17 and by the time Philly finally got the ball back there was 10 minutes left in the game.

That was the single biggest play of the game imo.
mcnabbulous
Bradford was pretty awesome. Exactly what Chip wants.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 15 2015, 08:42 AM) *
Bradford was pretty awesome. Exactly what Chip wants.

The 2nd half version of Bradford was awesome. The first half, not so much.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 15 2015, 08:38 AM) *
The 2nd half version of Bradford was awesome. The first half, not so much.

He was better than his stats in the first half. Timing was off and there were some untimely drops.

He was flat out awesome in the second.
Zero
His line and the play calling didn't help in the first half.
Joegrane
I was thinking the same way at the time; 21/22 is very impressive. However even Andy R would have run the ball there.

I fear the O Line will not get it done in the running game and so the eagles will have to rely more on the short passing game. They are fortunate to have a group that can pull that off--Ertz, Matthews over the middle, Sproles, etc.

QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Sep 14 2015, 10:20 PM) *
Without question. Also I would have thrown on 3rd down, Bradford was 21/22 in the second half at that point.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 15 2015, 03:41 PM) *
I was thinking the same way at the time; 21/22 is very impressive. However even Andy R would have run the ball there.

I fear the O Line will not get it done in the running game and so the eagles will have to rely more on the short passing game. They are fortunate to have a group that can pull that off--Ertz, Matthews over the middle, Sproles, etc.

The OL didn't get it done last night, but the Falcons were playing 8 in the box all game. They asked us to throw, we did, and we were extremely successful and efficient in the second half.

They're fortunate to have a group that can pull that off because that's exactly the team Chip has built.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.