Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What epic bad coaching by NYG
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Spags as DC a fraud.

Let Romo play pitch and catch the entire night and on that last drive it was pathetic. Shameful

Giants didn't use up 26 second on two plays late in the game, then wasted 40 seconds on a pass play that when it went bad, Manning could have taken a knee to use the 40 seconds.

Refs had a phantom Pass INt on NYG that resulted in a TD instead of a FG and as I said at the time, it would win the game for DAL.

Could have gotten a nice gift tonight.

NYG and refs wouldn't allow it.

Oh well, our game is 19 hours away.

Can't wait.
JeeQ
The Good News: Dez Bryant has a broken bone in his foot and will miss the Eagles game

The Bad News: Tony Homo is turning into an elite QB before our very eyes

If I told you Tony Romo would be leading the league in 4th QTR/OT wins a few seasons ago you'd have me committed... Yet here we are
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 14 2015, 12:29 AM) *
The Good News: Dez Bryant has a broken bone in his foot and will miss the Eagles game

The Bad News: Tony Homo is turning into an elite QB before our very eyes

If I told you Tony Romo would be leading the league in 4th QTR/OT wins a few seasons ago you'd have me committed... Yet here we are
Not to take away from Romo, but it would have helped if he had been playing against a defense. sad.gif

And I don't think GB can tackle anyone.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Spags as DC a fraud.

Let Romo play pitch and catch the entire night and on that last drive it was pathetic. Shameful

Giants didn't use up 26 second on two plays late in the game, then wasted 40 seconds on a pass play that when it went bad, Manning could have taken a knee to use the 40 seconds.

Refs had a phantom Pass INt on NYG that resulted in a TD instead of a FG and as I said at the time, it would win the game for DAL.

Can't wait.

THE biggest and most controversial play of that game went unnoticed by a lot of fans but not yours truly.

Giants had 3rd and 9 at the Cowboys 14 at the 2:00 minute warning.

Eli completes a nice pass to OBJ at the Cowboys 2 yard line for a first and goal with 1;54 remaining BUT there was also a penalty against Dallas for off sides. Now follow me here.

The Giants obviously DECLINE the penalty BUT the clock stopped anyways!

If no penalty Dallas would have either had to call a timeout at 1:54 before the Giants run their first down play or allow 40 seconds to run off the clock (1:14) BEFORE the Giants runs their first down play.

In either even, the giants could have taken 3 knees and left about 20 seconds on the clock for Dallas to take over at their 2.

I went nuts all over twitter last night until Pete Prosco picked up on it too...then, finally Mike Pareria chimed in to say that (for some stupid reason) the clock NEVER restarts after ANY penalty EVEN IF DECLINED unless the penalty results in a 10 second run off!

So Dallas BY CAUSING A DEFENSIVE PENALTY actually benefited from it and, as it turned out, won the game because of it!

Don't get me wrong, Eli not taking the sack on thrid down was THE dumbest play of his career and the Giants defense is just terrible too. N pass rush and that back up MLB has completely lost.
mcnabbulous
Romo has been elite for years. Once Dallas fans realize they wasted the vast majority of his prime with awful coaching and a pathetic roster, it will really start to hurt.

It's truly one of the biggest wastes of QB talent I can remember. They had 3 straight years of .500 play cause they couldn't field a competent team and had Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett as head coaches. Jerry is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Spags as DC a fraud.

Can't wait.

LOLOLOLOLOL ELI

he is nothing but Andy Dalton with a Smurf hat.

the Giants themselves... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

the reason why you can throw faith out the window is that this team has won 2 Super Bowls. possibly off the fact that you can't cheat ad-libbers
Dreagon

The home crowd ain't happy. Even though we benefited, I can't say as I blame them.
mcnabbulous
As I said during regarding the irrational hate that Andy got regarding his time management...every fanbase has these issues with their coaching staff. I literally can't remember ever seeing a situation bungled this badly.

Did you see that today, Jennings said that he was explicitly told not to score on first and second down. Which makes the decision to throw on third down that much funnier. What a shitshow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.