Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Week one
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Seattle loses
DAL/NYG both look like trash
Suggs is out for the season

It's been a good day. Let's go Sammy and Co.
nephillymike
Good to see DET lose to after being up big.

DAL down by 7 at half.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2015, 09:01 PM) *
DAL down by 7 at half.

Nothing like dominating both sides of the line, time of possession, passing yardage, rushing yardage...and yet being behind due to boneheaded screwups.
Joegrane
Nick Foles is off to a nice start-- 112 QB rating, 66% comp, 275 yds, 1 TD passing, 1TD rushing, 0 INT, 10 yd average , 2 fumbles lost, 1 big W.

I did not see it. Anyone see if he looked as good as the numbers suggest?

Supposedly Seattle got burnt by the Kam C. problem.

I think Cary Williams had one of the fumbles on a sack.

Shady's rushing numbers were quite unimpressive but he had good receiving numbers. Looks like Colts set out to stop him.

Maclin had 5 catches for 50 yds, no TDs.
JeeQ
Foles is the King Of Winning Ugly... but the key word there is Winning

So now you want to run Lynch with 1 yard to go?

Hope that dump truck full of money is on it's way to Bam Bam Kam's house

Suggs... Ha!

Redskins... Ha!

Dez Bryant... See you next week... Oh wait... Ha!

Buffalo might finally get into the playoffs this season

Mariota did everything right but be in an Eagles jersey

Arizona is going to be a problem

Bring On Monday!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 13 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Nothing like dominating both sides of the line, time of possession, passing yardage, rushing yardage...and yet being behind due to boneheaded screwups.

When you play a team with as bed a front four as the Giants you should be unstoppable....Cullen Jenkins still plays for them for Christ;s sake....

The Giants are a hot mess.....
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 14 2015, 12:34 AM) *
When you play a team with as bed a front four as the Giants you should be unstoppable....Cullen Jenkins still plays for them for Christ;s sake....

The Giants are a hot mess.....

We WERE pretty much unstoppable...until our receivers started putting the balls on the ground, or bouncing them into the hands of defenders. (honestly, I really believe an interception that bounces off a receiver should be counted against the receiver instead of the quarterback) The refs definitely gave us a couple of breaks, but the only reason the game was close was because of the gifts we kept giving them. Heck we only punted twice. Romo looked sharp, both of our lines were doing their jobs, it was great having Sean Lee back, Gregory was looking good before he hurt his ankle, and our defense bent a lot but didn't break.

Having said that, losing Dez hurts. And while Randle did "okay", I wasn't thrilled with his blocking. He is nowhere close to filling Murray's shoes in that department. If we use McFadden more next week, I'm betting that's going to be the reason behind it.

On a final note, Tom Coughlin must be getting a tad senile to call a pass play on third down there at the end of the game. And then Eli went full retard and threw the ball away instead of taking the sack and letting over half a minute run off the clock. So I'll admit that helped too.
Zero
How you feeling about your running game, Dreagon? I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw it looked like a big step back. I wasn't impressed with the Giants D at all, and your OL seemed to be at the same level as last year.
Zero
And, when is McCoy going to grow up and get over the trade? Linc ....
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 14 2015, 05:12 AM) *
How you feeling about your running game, Dreagon? I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw it looked like a big step back. I wasn't impressed with the Giants D at all, and your OL seemed to be at the same level as last year.

It doesn't look at the same level as last year...at least not featuring Randle. He has good burst, but he goes down easier than Murray. And the only time I saw any defenders get close to Romo was blitzers that Randle only did a fair job of blocking. It's only the first game of the season, but we definitely needed improvement. It will be interesting to see if Randle is the featured back again next game, or if they go in the direction of McFadden who is allegedly a better blocker.

On the other hand, without Dez there's also the possibility we go with Dunbar more. Dunbar isn't a great blocker either, but he's more of a Sproles type running back who would give them a mare dangerous passing target than Randle or McFadden.

I have not heard a thing about this running back we picked up from Seattle.
make_it_rain
I took today off.

How could I possibly be expected to work on a day like this?
JeeQ
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 14 2015, 09:59 AM) *
I took today off.

How could I possibly be expected to work on a day like this?

Called in a half day to even catch the game on time... It's hard being a West Coast Eagles fan sometimes... game comes on at 4!
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 14 2015, 09:49 AM) *
It doesn't look at the same level as last year...at least not featuring Randle. He has good burst, but he goes down easier than Murray. And the only time I saw any defenders get close to Romo was blitzers that Randle only did a fair job of blocking. It's only the first game of the season, but we definitely needed improvement. It will be interesting to see if Randle is the featured back again next game, or if they go in the direction of McFadden who is allegedly a better blocker.

On the other hand, without Dez there's also the possibility we go with Dunbar more. Dunbar isn't a great blocker either, but he's more of a Sproles type running back who would give them a mare dangerous passing target than Randle or McFadden.

I have not heard a thing about this running back we picked up from Seattle.
I wasn't impressed with the Giants defense ... not to mention the Eagles first half D ... but I'm interested to see how your run does against a stout run defense. I just hope we're that team.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2015, 04:50 AM) *
I wasn't impressed with the Giants defense ... not to mention the Eagles first half D ... but I'm interested to see how your run does against a stout run defense. I just hope we're that team.

I'm interested in seeing who will be our running back next week. I think that's our most unsettled position.

We lost our #1 receiver and our #1 pass rusher against the Giants, which certainly doesn't bode well. Not to mention our starting guard, Leary, is also day to day with a groin injury so we may be without him as well. I guess we're going to get our depth tested a lot sooner than we expected.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 14 2015, 02:07 AM) *

ya'll had no business walking out of that horror show with a win.
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 15 2015, 05:33 PM) *
ya'll had no business walking out of that horror show with a win.

the only reason we did was because the Giants managed to deserve it even less. Just when I thought we had been as boneheaded and sloppy as possible, Eli Manning stepped up and out-dumbed us.
Dreagon
Yep, it looks like Leary is out now too. Which means we'll probably be starting a rookie in his place.
Zero
I really only watch the Eagles. How many teams looked good last week? I think Atlanta did, and I think they had something to prove. Quinn knew what to defend and what to attack because he had previous experience with Kelly. The Eagles had to guess about Atlanta and the preseason work was mostly limited for many of the starters. Both the Giants and the Cowboys were familiar with one another. I watched some of the Dolphins game and some of the Packers games. I wasn't overly impressed by how any of the teams played. It was week 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.