Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Davis' D
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The front seven looks like they could be potentially intimidating. I can't wait to see how Davis uses Kendricks, Alonso and Ryans. Seriously, could these guys be the Magnificent Seven? They're gonna have to help the DBs get used to one another. Will they be good enough to cover Jones and White? Ryan's good - will his OL give him time?

4 days, baybee! My heart's pounding.
nd9kel
Atlanta is probably a great first game for us. Atlanta has no confidence in the O-line they have cobbled together. It's generally agreed that the Week 1 O-line will be considerably changed over the first half of the season.

A good opportunity for stopping the run and rushing the passer: That's what our D gets to work its chops on!
nephillymike
I think we'll need to score 28 to win this game.

Matty Ice will put some points up on our DB's.
Joegrane
That will be the situation in most games.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2015, 04:37 PM) *

mcnabbulous
I think we blow them out. Their OL will get demolished by our front-7. If they score 28, it's going to be a bunch of garbage time points. We'll win this one without much of a sweat.
Reality Fan

hmmm...lets discuss....

so you think that their offensive line will give Ryan time to carve up this secondary?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 10 2015, 04:19 PM) *
hmmm...lets discuss....

so you think that their offensive line will give Ryan time to carve up this secondary?

I sure as hell hope not but yes I do.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2015, 04:34 PM) *
I sure as hell hope not but yes I do.

For someone that overvalues the importance of our guards, it's amazing that you believe this to be the case. Their OL is a dumpster fire.

I guess you don't hold other teams to the same standard smile.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 10 2015, 04:51 PM) *
For someone that overvalues the importance of our guards, it's amazing that you believe this to be the case. Their OL is a dumpster fire.

I guess you don't hold other teams to the same standard smile.gif

Don't know their guards to be that bad. I thought I heard they've improved there. Did they cut an All Pro guard and a solid starting guard too?

A three point home dog wins 40% of the time. I'd imagine one with a franchise QB have slightly better changes than 40%.

This could be a dangerous game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 10 2015, 05:11 PM) *
Don't know their guards to be that bad. I thought I heard they've improved there. Did they cut an All Pro guard and a solid starting guard too?

A three point home dog wins 40% of the time. I'd imagine one with a franchise QB have slightly better changes than 40%.

This could be a dangerous game.

No, but they had one of the worst OL's in the league and they literally just traded (this past week) for a guard who was relegated to backup in TENN. And just announced a new starter at centre. Their OL is in shambles and we have the best front-7 in football. This is a major mismatch.

Have you looked at their OL? It's really bad.

The last time Ryan saw extended time in live action, he was sacked three times at Miami in the third preseason game against Ndamukong Suh and the Dolphins. The line that night consisted of left tackle Jake Matthews, left guard James Stone, centre Person, right guard Chris Chester, and right tackle Ryan Schraeder. Stone got demoted, while Matthews just returned from a back injury. And the Falcons released Joe Hawley, who was projected to be the starting centre before right knee soreness took him down.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 10 2015, 05:22 PM) *
No, but they had one of the worst OL's in the league and they literally just traded (this past week) for a guard who was relegated to backup in TENN. And just announced a new starter at centre. Their OL is in shambles and we have the best front-7 in football. This is a major mismatch.

Have you looked at their OL? It's really bad.

No I haven't. Maybe they are that bad.

You would think the line would reflect that, no?
Phits

I think we can score 28 pts in the first half.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.