Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maclin story
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
"The bottom line is I think they tried to take advantage of his good nature," [family friend Jeff] Parres said. "They knew he wanted to stay and there was really no reason they didnít want him to stay, and they tried to take advantage of him."

So when free-agency Saturday arrived in March, Maclin was intrigued by the prospect of an offer from the Chiefs and Reid but was inclined to stay with the Eagles as he went on a golf trip with Parres and family in Palm Springs.

Even when the Chiefs came at Maclin with a five-year offer worth an average of $11 million a year, Parres said, Maclin primarily wanted to know what the Eagles were thinking.

As Reid, quarterbacks Alex Smith and Chase Daniel and receivers coach David Culley were calling Maclin that day, "making him feel like heís the greatest thing on Earth," Parres said, Maclin could "barely get (Eagles coach and de facto general manager) Chip Kelly to answer the phone."
Ugh ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 9 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Ugh ...

We will miss him. You'll see.

Chip is green as GM.

He was as sure handed as they come and he would have looked real good with Bradford's accuracy.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 9 2015, 08:39 PM) *
We will miss him. You'll see.

Chip is green as GM.

He was as sure handed as they come and he would have looked real good with Bradford's accuracy.

But he had two ACL's ... on the same knee! rolleyes.gif
JeeQ
Chip "Coldest Motherfucker In The League" Kelly

He's more heartless than Belicheat, and that's why he's going to get his ring one day
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 9 2015, 08:22 PM) *
Ugh ...

This was the bottom line:

Kansas City awarded Maclin a five year, $55 million contract, one of the league's richest contracts for a wide receiver. This deal puts him alongside players like Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace. And while Maclin is undoubtedly talented, $11 million per year is a sizable amount for a receiver who only once topped 1,000 yards receiving.

Given how many things Chip did in this off-season I am shocked Maclin had a hard time reaching him...then the birds rework their offer to make it like KCs first one, and 10 minutes with Reid kissing Maclin's ass made the difference. Yeah Reid NEEDED Maclin far more than we did, he had squat at WR. I hope Maclin can put up numbers down there on screens and crossing patterns because Smith won't be able to reach him downfield.

All this stuff is just noise, we have a full and pretty talented roster of guys who love what Chip is doing, but a few discards who bitch about Chip get all the air time...it is what it is...let's get over it and play some damn football!
Joegrane
Remember Maclin went to Missouri and grew up in Mo. He'll be a home town hero if he gives them some WR production and helps them to get to the playoffs. Think life-time celebrity status with accompanying endorsements. He is a solid WR and person. I expect him to do at least okay there. I don't begrudge his decision or Chip's. I wish we had him but I understand.
mcnabbulous
It's a fucking puff piece.

Maclin owes Chip for the millions upon millions of dollars he helped him earn this offseason. If Maclin wanted to be here, he would be.

This story is stupid and bullshit though.
D Rock
Total puff piece.

KC needed him and OVERPAID for him. They haven't had a TD to a WR since 2012. They were a fucking joke at WR. Maclin was a good (not great) WR. He's no where NEAR 11 mill per year good.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 9 2015, 10:39 PM) *
Total puff piece.

KC needed him and OVERPAID for him. They haven't had a TD to a WR since 2012. They were a fucking joke at WR. Maclin was a good (not great) WR. He's no where NEAR 11 mill per year good.

If he had stayed in Philly, someone would have written the local puff piece about him choosing to stay here, despite Andy's passionate plea and huge offer.

I like Maclin, but Chip made him millions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.