Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Patriots are scum
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
If there was any doubt...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/135...-patriots-apart

Relevant to our cause...

When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.
Zero
But they had the commish on their PS.
JeeQ
Finally something we agree on! The Patriots are the most disgusting franchise in all of sports. The irony in the fact they're named the Patriots and are the masters of lying, cheating, and stealing is too much to bear
mcnabbulous
There is something to be said that the two scummiest organizations in the game (Patriots, Ravens) have 6 of the last 15 titles.
nephillymike
Fuck that team!!

I still remember Dawk's quote after that game. "It was like they knew what we were doing on defense ahead of time. They screened us on so many blitzes". I remember JJ getting criticism for his play calling and dime packages. Shit, it's easy to be successful when you know the other guy's play calls.

The most damning thing I ever heard was when M. Faulk tells the story of a red zone play they didn't run the entire year and didn't practice until the Super bowl walk through and yep there were the Pats defenders ready with bells on.

All those championships they won by thin margins. Rams, Panther and Ours.

I wish they played us here this year. You could circulate copies of that story and get the fan base all juiced up for some hateful chants.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 8 2015, 09:30 AM) *
If there was any doubt...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/135...-patriots-apart

Relevant to our cause...

I CAN'T WAIT for the Eagles to play them this year

they may have cheated Andy. But they won't cheat Chip... LOL
Zero
There's a long line of teams claiming the Pats cheated them. Smoke and fire?
mcnabbulous
From a legacy perspective, do you think you would rather personally have two championships that everyone considered legit or four that everyone thought were tainted?
Zero
Truthfully, I think most of us wouldn't care. I have Pats friends that call everyone else haters and bask in the glory of victories. mad.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 12 2015, 08:27 AM) *
Truthfully, I think most of us wouldn't care. I have Pats friends that call everyone else haters and bask in the glory of victories. mad.gif

I'm talking more about a personal legacy perspective. Like if you were Belichick. Do you think he cares that his legacy will be tainted with these accusations? Or would you, if you were in his position?
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 12 2015, 10:03 AM) *
I'm talking more about a personal legacy perspective. Like if you were Belichick. Do you think he cares that his legacy will be tainted with these accusations? Or would you, if you were in his position?
He keeps doing what he does so I doubt he cares or even if he believes he's doing anything wrong. I like to believe I have a better moral compass than that, so hopefully I wouldn't do it in the first place. I'm guessing that anyone who would do it wouldn't care.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 12 2015, 10:03 AM) *

I don't think anybody in the Patriots organization cares about the accusations or any 'tainting' of their legacy. They will focus on the positives and leave the negative to the fans and media. They have 4 SB wins (in 6 appearances) under the current regime. The HC and QB are two of the greatest in the history of the league. Every year, since they won their first, we have attempted to write them off. Every year they prove us wrong.

They find a way to win. The organization finds loopholes in the league structure to benefit their needs. When they can't find it, they make their own.

I used to despise the Patsies. I really hated Brady. To my chagrin I rooted for NYG to beat the Patsies to end the 'perfect' season. Now I can admit that I am/was jealous and would be willing to donate an appendage if it would help the Iggles win a SB and build a dynasty that (legitimately) competes for the SB year in and year out for a decade or more.
mcnabbulous
I don't know who tried to write them off? I've never heard of that.

"They find a way to win" by cheating. That's pretty obvious at this point. Apparently they don't care that that will be their legacy. Regardless, it will be.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 12 2015, 02:32 PM) *
I don't know who tried to write them off? I've never heard of that.

"They find a way to win" by cheating. That's pretty obvious at this point. Apparently they don't care that that will be their legacy. Regardless, it will be.

I'd love for them to be here this year instead of in NE.

Visions of chants of "Cheeeeeeeeeters" ringing out non stop to the tune of the "Lomas" chants we terrorized that premature guarantor of playoff victories for the Lions years ago.

Hopefully places like NY, Pit and Bal will fill in nicely for us in that regard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.