Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles in the mix for Kam Chancellor,
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
rumply
off twitter

Team Chip Kelly ‏@TrueClassVideos 1h1 hour ago
#Eagles in the mix for Kam Chancellor, here is the offer
Wheeljack
QUOTE (rumply @ Sep 5 2015, 11:17 PM) *
off twitter

Team Chip Kelly ‏@TrueClassVideos 1h1 hour ago
#Eagles in the mix for Kam Chancellor, here is the offer

I had no idea Kam was on the market. he's been near the top of the "Wish He Were An Eagle" list for a long time
Eagle2720
Idk as much as I would like to have him, that seems like a hefty amount to give up
Joegrane
If I were Seattle, I would not want him to go to the Eagles. I would take less from another team.

He would essentially fill maybe the two biggest needs on the team. By filling the void at S, Thurmund would then fill the hole at slot corner. Kam would presumably also add veteran leadership and toughness.

Philly would become a bigger favorite to compete with Seattle and GB for NFC crown, especially with the injuries in GB.

If the Eagles do this, it strongly suggests that J Lurie wants to win NOW! Giving up that much for one player must be coming from the owner, not just the GM.

I think Rowe is going to be a good S.

If they are willing to part with Marcus Smith, they must like V Curry at backup Predator OLB.

It would make the Eagles D rather complete, except maybe at one outside corner spot; however, they'd still have the Round 2 pick next year to address that position. They'd have their 4th round pick to address OG. They also have an extra mid round pick or two due to trading out of Round 4 this year, correct? Those could be used to trade up in Round 2 or 4 if necessary.

I don't know where that leaves them under the cap; however they have some expensive pieces to pay for next year, including Bradford and Curry. I assume most of Cooper would come off the books.

Does Chancellor's style fit the Eagles D? Does he have ability to cover?

While the end result is not unreasonable I probably would not do the deal.

Of course what do I know. I would have kept Tebow.
Reality Fan
I would do the deal in 2 seconds but it sounds like someone throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks.....

I agree that it would be a shock for the Eagles to be a beneficiary of Seattle's contract issues before an AFC team......I thought it odd for the Giants to be in the mix....but they suck and will pose no real threat. The move would make the Eagles defense exponentially better.

On this twitter post I have to call bullshit and hope I am wrong.

The fact that Marcus Smith is even mentioned tells me I am not.
JeeQ
Eric Rowe and Marcus Smith for Bam Bam Kam? Get all the way the fuck out of here... don't even play with my emotions by entertaining that bullshit
nephillymike
You had me until Marcus Smith.

Who the fuck would want Marcus Smith?

It would be nice, but it is too rich of a trade at this time of the year to be realistic.

1st, 3rd, 5th and this year's 2nd (Rowe)??

Doesn't meet the smell test.

I could see maybe a 3rd, 5th and Rowe.

Would find it hard to believe that the way trades work these days, SEA would have a shot getting anywhere near that deal, this late in the year.

It never hurts to hope, right? (Well yes it does actually as every football season has reminded us but I digress)
Zero
The Eagles' #2 in 2016 went to St. Louis for Bradford.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 6 2015, 04:49 AM) *
The Eagles' #2 in 2016 went to St. Louis for Bradford.

by this year's #2 I meant Rowe.
Zero
I got that, but Joegrane said something about still having our #2.
Linc ....
Speed_Kills
The fact that it says 1st, 3rd and 5th rounder THIS year tells me its BS. (it should have said NEXT year)

No way on earth Kelly goes in to the 2016 draft with no 1st, 2nd (Bradford), 3rd & 5th round pick, lol and considering that none of their last 10 4th round picks have stuck....

You simply don't make that type of trade for ANY safety.
CT_Eagle
This is not serious. Just someone proving how easy it is to make a story out of nothing.

link
Zero
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 6 2015, 08:29 AM) *
This is not serious. Just someone proving how easy it is to make a story out of nothing.

link

I doubt Chancellor leaves Seattle, but if the situation gets too sticky they'll at least listen to offers. The question isn't so much draft picks but the cap price. How many huge contracts can the Eagles afford? That question I'd have to leave to someone in the Northeast. With the offense this team should put on the field and the talent of the front 7, a guy like Chancellor would put this team in the top echelon and one year's picks become less relevant.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 6 2015, 06:10 AM) *
I got that, but Joegrane said something about still having our #2.

My mistake.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 6 2015, 11:22 AM) *
My mistake.

You got a lot of them to go before you catch me, Joe. biggrin.gif
Spock
Too good to be true.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.