Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is a possible fit as #3 QB?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
The following are the QBs in the cut to 53. ( Thx to NE Mike for the list)

Some of the more interesting ones and names I recognized are at the top of the list.

Of course GJ Kinne could be in the mix. I don't know if Dennis Dixon is still in the NFL.

QB Bryan Bennett, Indy DUCK ALERT!

QB Rex Grossman, Atl

QB Matt Cassel, Buf

QB Josh Freeman, Mia

QB Christian Ponder Oak

QB Matt Flynn, QB Josh Johnson, NYJ

QB Mike Kafka, Minn. who knew he was still around.

QB Phillip Sims Az

QB T.J. Yates Atl

QB Bryn Renner Balt

QB Matt Simms Buf

QB Zac Dysert Chi

QB Keith Wenning Cinn

QB Thad Lewis, Cle

QB Pat Devlin, Cle

QB Dustin Vaughan Dal

QB Jameill Showers,

QB Zac Dysert

QB Kellen Moore,

QB Stephen Morris Jax

QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson

QB Ryan Lindley, NE

QB Ricky Stanzi, NYG

QB Austin Davis, Stl

QB Brad Sorensen

QB Dylan Thompson San F

QB R.J. Archer Sea

QB Seth Lobato TB

QB Alex Tanney Tn
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 09:04 PM) *
The following are the QBs in the cut to 53. ( Thx to NE Mike for the list)

Some of the more interesting ones and names I recognized are at the top of the list.

Of course GJ Kinne could be in the mix. I don't know if Dennis Dixon is still in the NFL.

QB Bryan Bennett, Indy DUCK ALERT!

QB Rex Grossman, Atl

QB Matt Cassel, Buf

QB Josh Freeman, Mia

QB Christian Ponder Oak

QB Matt Flynn, QB Josh Johnson, NYJ

QB Mike Kafka, Minn. who knew he was still around.

QB Phillip Sims Az

QB T.J. Yates Atl

QB Bryn Renner Balt

QB Matt Simms Buf

QB Zac Dysert Chi

QB Keith Wenning Cinn

QB Thad Lewis, Cle

QB Pat Devlin, Cle

QB Dustin Vaughan Dal

QB Jameill Showers,

QB Zac Dysert

QB Kellen Moore,

QB Stephen Morris Jax

QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson

QB Ryan Lindley, NE

QB Ricky Stanzi, NYG

QB Austin Davis, Stl

QB Brad Sorensen

QB Dylan Thompson San F

QB R.J. Archer Sea

QB Seth Lobato TB

QB Alex Tanney Tn

I like GJ, Tebow and Bryan Bennett, Matt Flynn, Matt Sims, Kellen Moore and Austin Davis for that last QB spot
BirdsWinBaby
man how much this doesnt matter....

Chip doesnt normally even dress the 3rd QB

find a guy with NFL experience who is ok with accepting a check and carrying the clipbboard. he isnt giving quotes about how great he will be as a starter. maybe he can even add some insight during QB coaching sessions (may have been thru a team or two)

you are toast if you go to him (like every other team)....just make sure he isnt a guy who gets news stories while quietly doing the above. maybe....just maybe...Chip's staff can fold him into a system that will make him better. better enough to win an emergency game for you down the stretch?

THAT is your guy.
Wheeljack
I really was shocked to find out Kafka was still in the NFL. LOL, I remember when I was hoping he would be the one to "expose" Kolb... and then it ended up being MICHAEL VICK of all people
Joegrane
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Sep 5 2015, 09:15 PM) *
man how much this doesnt matter....

I hear you but if Chip was thinking that, wouldn't he have kept Tebow? He looked serviceable with possibly some upside potential.

Ray Didinger mentioned Ch. Ponder, a former 1st round pick--#12.

Multiple reports are connecting Ponder with Chip
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000052...akland-raiders4

nephillymike
Well, if you want a guy to put on your PS and be ready to fill in in an emergency, then I'd go GJ Kinne, with maybe Bennett as 2nd choice. Both should go untouched on PS

If you want a guy to put on your 53 who may be able to learn the system during the year but have to give up a current member of your 53 now, I'd go:

Cassell
Flynn
A. Davis
Eyrie
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Sep 6 2015, 02:37 AM) *
I really was shocked to find out Kafka was still in the NFL. LOL, I remember when I was hoping he would be the one to "expose" Kolb... and then it ended up being MICHAEL VICK of all people

Some of us had to eat crow over Vick playing well.

As regards the #3 spot, I'd be looking for a veteran who can pick up the system reasonably quickly in case we need to plug him in. The time to take a developmental prospect is in the draft, so that they have time to learn the system rather than being plunged into it.
nephillymike
FWIW because what Chip says doesn't always translate but he did say he wants the best QB who can help us win right now.

That would seem to favor the veterans.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 6 2015, 05:11 AM) *
Well, if you want a guy to put on your PS and be ready to fill in in an emergency, then I'd go GJ Kinne, with maybe Bennett as 2nd choice. Both should go untouched on PS

If you want a guy to put on your 53 who may be able to learn the system during the year but have to give up a current member of your 53 now, I'd go:

Cassell
Flynn
A. Davis
Davis did a pretty good job against the Eagles last year.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 6 2015, 06:13 AM) *
As regards the #3 spot, I'd be looking for a veteran who can pick up the system reasonably quickly in case we need to plug him in. The time to take a developmental prospect is in the draft, so that they have time to learn the system rather than being plunged into it.

If reports about Christian Ponder are correct, Chip is probably thinking the same as you are.

Ponder is experienced. You'll remember he lead the Vikings to an upset of the Eagles a few years ago.

If the chart at this page is accurate, he has above average intelligence and above average quickness and speed
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/9/...k-florida-state

That seems to be the recipe for a Chip Kelly QB--enough quickness and speed to deserve respect in the read-option, above average intelligence and mental quickness to make the correct reads and get the ball out quickly.

Of course Ponder did not play well enough to make the Raiders : (

However, Sanchez did not play well enough to make the Jets, but was a solid #2 last year.

I wonder if Chip is looking for someone who might develop into the #2 QB after next year when Sanchez's substantial contract is up. He also has to deal with the possible loss of Bradford at the end of the year.
Reality Fan
I thought the fact that he was cut by the Raiders was an endorsement rather than a negative....they are notorious for making the wrong personnel move.

It is the reason they are 56-136 in the last 12 years
nephillymike
The REAL reason he is worth signing biggrin.gif

https://www.google.com/search?q=christian+p...yxEsufDTrmdw%3D
Spock
The Cowboys cut 2 of their QBs. PHL ought to look to bring one of them in for at least 2 weeks to help game plan for week 2.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 6 2015, 12:02 PM) *

We are in complete agreement
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 6 2015, 04:48 PM) *
If reports about Christian Ponder are correct, Chip is probably thinking the same as you are.

Apparently not ohmy.gif

I wonder if Chip is looking for someone who might develop into the #2 QB after next year when Sanchez's substantial contract is up. He also has to deal with the possible loss of Bradford at the end of the year.

Apparently so cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.