Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riddle Me This Batmen
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Supposed B. Boykin was on our team right now and the Steelers called offering a 5th that could improve to a 4th (the same deal we took a few weeks ago), would you take that deal?

Yes or No?

They're on the phone and need an answer right now..........................................
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Supposed B. Boykin was on our team right now and the Steelers called offering a 5th that could improve to a 4th (the same deal we took a few weeks ago), would you take that deal?

Yes or No?

They're on the phone and need an answer right now..........................................

Done...I will help him pack

I don't get the obsession......he was not very good last year but beyond that he was not going to resign here next year so I take the pick.....
nephillymike
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2507536...om-2014/page/39

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2011295...erbacks/page/51

You are right RF.

He did drop in 2014.

All the way down to 23rd best CB in 2014 from 11th in 2013.

If the guy wasn't going to be here next year, who cares. True. for that 4th or 5th round pick, we could get a J. Watkins or E. Wolffe, but give me the guy who has proved he can play. Our "new guys" are not.

It was a stupid move.

When you have a guy who can play, you keep him, at least until you know the new guys are better. You don't create a need. Needs occur in normal course because of injury or blown draft picks or bad trades. You don't create a need, especially if you have plenty of cap space.

I don't get the obsession with defending every move. I could see if you haven't watched any of the preseason games but really?
Zero
When they traded him they had Sheppard to take his place. Keeping him at that point would have been silly considering Boykin wants to start and would have left at the end of the season. Get something for him if you have a replacement you think can do the job. Kelly got jammed by the football gods.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2015, 04:19 PM) *
When they traded him they had Sheppard to take his place. Keeping him at that point would have been silly considering Boykin wants to start and would have left at the end of the season. Get something for him if you have a replacement you think can do the job. Kelly got jammed by the football gods.

Or maybe you wait a little to make sure the new guys are better and lessen the chance that the football gods jam you up by training camp injuries.

And just a hunch. Had Sheppard not got hurt, he would have been exposed as not as good during the preseason like the kid who was rated better in him at camp did.

Risk/Reward.

Maybe your risk is the draft pick is a round lower if you wait. That is provided that the Steelers improved their CB situation in the interim which was not likely. Otherwise you get the same pick and possibly a better one if the CB spot becomes more of an eye sore for PIT.

Maybe the reward is you don't have a slot CB who can't play going up against Ryan and Romo to start the year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 05:15 PM) *
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2507536...om-2014/page/39

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2011295...erbacks/page/51

You are right RF.

He did drop in 2014.

All the way down to 23rd best CB in 2014 from 11th in 2013.

If the guy wasn't going to be here next year, who cares. True. for that 4th or 5th round pick, we could get a J. Watkins or E. Wolffe, but give me the guy who has proved he can play. Our "new guys" are not.

It was a stupid move.

When you have a guy who can play, you keep him, at least until you know the new guys are better. You don't create a need. Needs occur in normal course because of injury or blown draft picks or bad trades. You don't create a need, especially if you have plenty of cap space.

I don't get the obsession with defending every move. I could see if you haven't watched any of the preseason games but really?

The Eagles like to play press coverage and Boykin can't...it is really that simple....

Boykin was disgruntled and was not shy about it...

I only call the moves as I see them....You didn't like bradford....I did

You did not like virtually any moves they made other than getting rid of their DBs....You still think Murray is a lesser RB than McCoy even though he had a drastically better season last year behind an offensive line that was ranked BEHIND the offensive line that McCoy ran behind by your favorite source at PFF. Per PFF the Eagles had the best run blocking line in the league.

So I guess I could ask why you dislike just about every move Kelly makes?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 5 2015, 04:28 PM) *
The Eagles like to play press coverage and Boykin can't...it is really that simple....

Boykin was disgruntled and was not shy about it...

I only call the moves as I see them....You didn't like bradford....I did

You did not like virtually any moves they made other than getting rid of their DBs....You still think Murray is a lesser RB than McCoy even though he had a drastically better season last year behind an offensive line that was ranked BEHIND the offensive line that McCoy ran behind by your favorite source at PFF. Per PFF the Eagles had the best run blocking line in the league.

So I guess I could ask why you dislike just about every move Kelly makes?

So the guy can't play press coverage and yet out performs all the guys on the team who can?

Gotta get rid of that guy!

He DID play press coverage. True a few inches shorter than those on the team who reportedly could.

AND, he was rated much better as on outside CB on those plays when he went outside.

It's obvious they messed this one up. Did you help pack Bailey's bags too? biggrin.gif
Eyrie
Agree with RF and Zero.

Boykin wasn't that good last year and we had a ready replacement on the roster, so it made sense to get something for him at the time.

xsv

Yes or No?

I think some of Chips moves have been more about personality and less about a player's skill. This could have been one of those type of moves.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 05:36 PM) *
So the guy can't play press coverage and yet out performs all the guys on the team who can?

Gotta get rid of that guy!

He DID play press coverage. True a few inches shorter than those on the team who reportedly could.

AND, he was rated much better as on outside CB on those plays when he went outside.

It's obvious they messed this one up. Did you help pack Bailey's bags too? biggrin.gif

Where to begin.....

A 5'10" 185 lb guy can play press coverage?

How many of his 495 snaps did he play outside and where did you find the rating for those plays he took outside? I am dying to see that. His entire problem was that he was pissed that he never got to play outside and now you have found a rating for the few snaps he may have gotten there.

Regardless of how odd that sounds I will humor you and ask a simple question.

After reading through all the glitz immediately following the trade to Pittsburgh why is he listed on their depth chart behind Cortez Allen?

On a defense that was nearly as bad as the Eagles against the pass last year he can't start there either unless he plays the slot.....

Maybe he will get the chance but the fact that he is not starting already speaks volumes.

And I found Bailey a condo for the practice squad....unless he got signed by someone to their 53
Joegrane

Yes or No?

If Thurmund is really the nickel corner and they are hoping Rowe becomes the third S, then yes. ( A member of our group mentioned Kendricks as a S in some situations. He has at least average speed for a S ).
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 08:47 PM) *
If Thurmund is really the nickel corner and they are hoping Rowe becomes the third S, then yes. ( A member of our group mentioned Kendricks as a S in some situations. He has at least average speed for a S ).

Is S easier to master than CB? I get they want Rowe to be a CB, but seeing as he was a S for most of his college days wouldn't it be easier if they taught him that first and let him move into CB more gradually?
Reality Fan
I think they saw his size, speed and flexibility as a real plus at the CB position.....but he has had some serious growing pains to date....

Eagle2720
Speaking of DB depth and positions, saw on Twitter that there's rumors of trade sending Kam Chancelor to the Giants... Would love to get in on that and put him back next to Jenkins and move Thurmond opposite of Maxwell... I know how much of a long shot that is and how naive I'm being but I would really love that, not sure who I would want us to trade though
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 5 2015, 06:00 PM) *
Where to begin.....

A 5'10" 185 lb guy can play press coverage?

How many of his 495 snaps did he play outside and where did you find the rating for those plays he took outside? I am dying to see that. His entire problem was that he was pissed that he never got to play outside and now you have found a rating for the few snaps he may have gotten there.

Regardless of how odd that sounds I will humor you and ask a simple question.

After reading through all the glitz immediately following the trade to Pittsburgh why is he listed on their depth chart behind Cortez Allen?

On a defense that was nearly as bad as the Eagles against the pass last year he can't start there either unless he plays the slot.....

Maybe he will get the chance but the fact that he is not starting already speaks volumes.

And I found Bailey a condo for the practice squad....unless he got signed by someone to their 53

It was in an article before the trade in the early part of the off season, I'm thinking Eagles 24/7 or comcast sportsnet. The tone of the article was that he was going to get a shot to start on the outside this year. If I get a chance this weekend I'll search for it, but I know I'd be wasting my time. Interesting how you don't believe me. You didn't believe me a while ago when I said he was rated in the 20's as a CB and I dug that up. What does it matter? He could have performed the best in the NFL in his 30 or so outside snaps at CB and it still wouldn't change the most important thing...................his height.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.