Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I sorta feel bad for CC.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Poor kid just had his heart broken.

Cc, I won't give you such a hard time after this. You now know what it feels like to be an Eagles fan. Just gotta try not to be bitter about it.
mcnabbulous
I think that's why the Bible says something about false idols.
Joegrane
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 5 2015, 12:54 PM) *
I think that's why the Bible says something about false idols.

!
Reality Fan
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.....
Christian_Cat
Thanks for the kind words XSV. God has a plan for Tim. Maybe it's not in football. I wish the Eagles team and Chip Kelly nothing but the best.

To the poster that mentioned false idols. I don't worship any false idols. I am a fan of Tim, that dosent mean I am worshipping a false idol. Many Christians are fans of lots of things, people, teams etc. It doesn't mean they are worshipping false idols. The only thing I worship per se is God.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 5 2015, 07:45 PM) *
Thanks for the kind words XSV. God has a plan for Tim. Maybe it's not in football. I wish the Eagles team and Chip Kelly nothing but the best.

My objections were always based on his limitations as a QB, so good luck to Tebow for whatever he does next.

Didn't he have a job commentating on college football?

PS: Feel free to stick around and support the team. I can guarantee let downs and heartaches, but not success!
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 5 2015, 10:49 AM) *
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.....

RF For Poster Of the Year
Christian_Cat
Some of the comments in here are really rude. Some posters need to learn empathy and how to put yourself in another person's shoes.

It's one thing if you didn't feel he was a quality NFL QB but the gloating rude comments and then usingbible verses like the lord give the and the lord take the away to mock the situation is just utterly repulsive.

Thanks eyrie for the kind words.

I used to think XSV was this mean person, but I now realize that I was wrong. Although, XSV dosent share my same religious beliefs he still a person that I wouldn't mind being friends with.

I have a lot of friends who are religious and a lot of friends who aren't religious. But one thing that all my friends have in common is they are nice people with big hearts.

Another thing that bothers me is that some posters are so childish and immature. Tim wasn't good enough skill set wise as an NFL QB I get that. No need to be a you know what a just say he sucks hey hey. I mean how old are some of you posters?

Also I never once said that Chip Kelly released Tebow because of his beliefs. Matter fact I have never stated why I felt Chip Kelly released Tebow today.

Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 5 2015, 02:48 PM) *
My objections were always based on his limitations as a QB, so good luck to Tebow for whatever he does next.

Didn't he have a job commentating on college football?

PS: Feel free to stick around and support the team. I can guarantee let downs and heartaches, but not success!

I was really hoping he would put it together and become a competent QB for us. He's a likable guy, a solid citizen and good role model. He just isn't a good NFL QB.
nephillymike
Tough break CC.

I did not think Tebow was an NFL QB, but he won the 3rd QB battle and I thought he deserved to make the team. But really that was assuming they were keeping three, not necessarily based on how he played.

I mentioned the possibility of keeping only two, but that was if he and Barkley both played poorly on Thurs. Tim played a good game.

In Chip's press conference, it did not seem like there was an open door for a return. He said they will add another QB to either the PS or the the 53 man but it didn't sound like he was in the mix.
JeeQ
Chip Kelly said he cut Tim Tebow "because he wasn't good enough"

“Tim’s really progressed but we didn’t feel like he was good enough to be the three right now,” Kelly said. “He just needs to get out there and get more reps.”

Not good enough to be a 3rd String QB... Chip is the coldest motherfucker in the league
Pila
Thank you, Chip!

Now, if there are any gODs, either the Gintz or the Girlz would pick him up. Can't think of a more deserving fan base having to put up with this cult of the absurd that follow him around like boy band teenage groupies.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 5 2015, 03:28 PM) *
Chip Kelly said he cut Tim Tebow "because he wasn't good enough"

Not good enough to be a 3rd String QB... Chip is the coldest motherfucker in the league

clearly Chip hates tebow (AKA TIMMMAAY!) because he is a christian and was not willing to give Tebow a chance because of his irrational hatred of christians

or is he saying Tebow sucks at football because he sucks at football

y'know like everybody else has been saying

Na-Na-Na-Na....Hey-Hey-Hey.....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Sep 5 2015, 04:23 PM) *
clearly Chip hates tebow (AKA TIMMMAAY!) because he is a christian and was not willing to give Tebow a chance because of his irrational hatred of christians

I don't believe CC or anyone else ever suggested any such thing so this is really kind of stupid....well...no...it is stupid.

Chip took my suggestion and cut both.....no need create dickish straw arguments about it...just be happy
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 12:23 PM) *
Tough break CC.

I did not think Tebow was an NFL QB, but he won the 3rd QB battle and I thought he deserved to make the team. But really that was assuming they were keeping three, not necessarily based on how he played.

I mentioned the possibility of keeping only two, but that was if he and Barkley both played poorly on Thurs. Tim played a good game.

In Chip's press conference, it did not seem like there was an open door for a return. He said they will add another QB to either the PS or the the 53 man but it didn't sound like he was in the mix.

Thanks for the kind words. God is good!
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 5 2015, 05:11 PM) *
no need create dickish straw arguments about it...just be happy

after all the other stuff on this board that was not needed...i felt entitled

AAANNDD i will be happy too
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2015, 08:10 PM) *
I was really hoping he would put it together and become a competent QB for us. He's a likable guy, a solid citizen and good role model. He just isn't a good NFL QB.

The evidence was always against him becoming a competent QB this late in his career. No issues with him as a person either way.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 08:23 PM) *
Tough break CC.

Tebow didn't do anything to win the battle, he was just the only man standing after Barkley choked.

Let's see who Kelly brings in to be the #3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.