Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tebow released per Schefter
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 5 2015, 12:20 PM) *

Makes perfect sense. Why waste a roster space when if you need him you know he will be available because no one is picking him up.

Just good business.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Sep 5 2015, 12:25 PM) *
Makes perfect sense. Why waste a roster space when if you need him you know he will be available because no one is picking him up.

Just good business.

I think it goes deeper than that though I agree with you on the premise....I won't be surprised if they sign another QB...Kelly needs someone to teach..
SAM I Am
I'll say a prayer to the sky pixie for him. LOL.

Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 5 2015, 12:20 PM) *

GOD IS REAL

GO EAGLES
Eyrie
Tebow was always a poor fit for an offense that requires a QB with quick decision making and a fast accurate release.

Good luck to him for whatever he does next with his life.
JeeQ
There has to be a place in the world for a QB that can't throw a football

It's just not Philadelphia...

Though for some strange reason I can't shake the feeling this isn't the last we hear of Tim Tebow and the Eagles... still feel like it's his destiny
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 5 2015, 03:00 PM) *
There has to be a place in the world for a QB that can't throw a football

It's just not Philadelphia...

Though for some strange reason I can't shake the feeling this isn't the last we hear of Tim Tebow and the Eagles... still feel like it's his destiny

OK.....after the 4th preseason game your post is a little silly.....he threw the ball fine.....

He certainly threw the ball better than Barkley......he does not have the quick decision making skill or the trust in his own ability to thread the needle and that can't work in this offense....

But he throws a nice ball now.....
Joegrane
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 5 2015, 03:57 PM) *
OK.....after the 4th preseason game your post is a little silly.....he threw the ball fine.....

He certainly threw the ball better than Barkley......he does not have the quick decision making skill or the trust in his own ability to thread the needle and that can't work in this offense....

But he throws a nice ball now.....

Even stranger is that he would have likely improved as he learned the system better and got daily reps in practice, especially his new mechanics.

Who does Chip have his eye on? It would be hard to believe it is Kinne or Dennis Dixon.

You don't just get rid of a guy who currently looks like a serviceable #3 and probably has some upside without having a good idea about who you are going to bring in. That person is going to need time to learn the system and won't have the benefit of training camp.

This feels strange. Was it really lack of talent or might Tebow have rubbed the coach the wrong way?
Spock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Even stranger is that he would have likely improved as he learned the system better and got daily reps in practice, especially his new mechanics.

Who does Chip have his eye on? It would be hard to believe it is Kinne or Dennis Dixon.

You don't just get rid of a guy who currently looks like a serviceable #3 and probably has some upside without having a good idea about who you are going to bring in. That person is going to need time to learn the system and won't have the benefit of training camp.

This feels strange. Was it really lack of talent or might Tebow have rubbed the coach the wrong way?

Thank goodness this no good piece of dung is off the squad. I was going to have a real hard time even rooting for the team with this low life on it.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Spock @ Sep 6 2015, 11:34 AM) *
Thank goodness this no good piece of dung is off the squad. I was going to have a real hard time even rooting for the team with this low life on it.

I get that folks did not like his football skills......that is a debatable topic and one which most agree was his shortcoming but to refer to guy as you have is idiotic.

If you think he is any of what you have posted it reflects very poorly on you. He may not be a good QB but he certainly appears to be a good guy.

Beyond that..if you were able to root for the Eagles with a guy as shitty a human being as McCoy was but find it hard to root for the Eagles when they have a guy like Tebow on the roster it tells me you are quite a peach....
Spock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 6 2015, 11:40 AM) *
Tebow on the roster it tells me you are quite a peach....

I hate peaches almost as much as Tebow
D Rock
Good riddance to his fan base...
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 8 2015, 01:36 AM) *
Good riddance to his fan base...

Seriously, that was the only bad part about the experiment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.