Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eskin Hinting that Tebow Is cut
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Said he was apparently was at the airport.

I didn't hear the entire thing so take it with a grain of salt.

His sources are normally good.

Reality Fan
That was reported early yesterday by your boy Innes......does not mean much as all the players are off for a few days....

But he could certainly be cut....Chip keeping 2 QBs certainly could happen
Zero
Burton can be emergency #3 on game day and bring back Kinne ... is he PS eligible? Who would pick up Tebow if he's cut?
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2015, 10:03 AM) *
Burton can be emergency #3 on game day and bring back Kinne ... is he PS eligible? Who would pick up Tebow if he's cut?

Chip keeping 2 QBs certainly could happen

Really, you have the most fragile starting QB in the history of the NFL and you are going to keep two QBs?

I don't recall any reports that Kinne or Burton were working out at QB.

Tebow is not PS eligible; however, after his recent performance, someone might pick him up. Chip got a conditional 7th for Barkley who stunk up the field. He would not try to get something for Tebow who might have some upside with his new mechanics?

Mike recently kindly posted a really nice list of PS eligibles. Kinne is eligible.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=78600

Kinne does not replace Tebow. Tebow is a big, strong guy suitable for 4th and 1 when you don't want a fragile QB under centre.

This brings up an issue for another discussion. Why have Tebow for 4th and 1 when your Centers are undersized and can't move anyone?! If Tobin or another backup G has some experience at C he should be working with Tebow to get comfortable as a C-QB combination. Chip could then swap out the C when Tebow comes in on very short yardage situations.

I think Eskin is just being--Eskin. wacko.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 10:39 AM) *
This brings up an issue for another discussion. Why have Tebow for 4th and 1 when your Centers are undersized and can't move anyone?! If Tobin or another backup G has some experience at C he should be working with Tebow to get comfortable as a C-QB combination. Chip could then swap out the C when Tebow comes in on very short yardage situations.

Maybe more relevant is why use Tebow for 4th and 1 when you have Murray and Mathews? The only answer to me is that he could also throw the ball for an INT. laugh.gif
nephillymike
My guess is that Eskin is right.

I am a little surprised if this is correct.

I would put Kinne on the PS and go with the 2, if it meant keeping a player like Bailey or Barner. They already cut Bailey so what do I know.

What are the odds that another teams #4 are better than Tebow? Could be.

It could be a Dorsey Levens move of the past where there is an injury (Ryans) that will cure itself soon but they need a week of another LB on the roster until that happens and they cut a guy for a week until bringing him back.

RF, my boy Innes?? bwah!
mcnabbulous
Definitely lots of speculation on Twitter right now. Would be pretty funny, for obvious reasons.

It makes sense to have a 3rd QB who offers some semblance of future upside. Barkley didn't offer that. Tebow doesn't either. If Chip doesn't think he adds enough value as an occasional read option weapon, he's gone.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2015, 11:01 AM) *
Maybe more relevant is why use Tebow for 4th and 1 when you have Murray and Mathews? The only answer to me is that he could also throw the ball for an INT. laugh.gif

The defense has to plan to defend against a QB sneak AND a run by the RB. They know you are not going to pass the ball.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 10:10 AM) *
The defense has to plan to defend against a QB sneak AND a run by the RB. They know you are not going to pass the ball.

I would think that Bradford is the better option when going for 2 points or when 4th and 1.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 10:22 AM) *
I would think that Bradford is the better option when going for 2 points or when 4th and 1.

Yes
JeeQ
I honestly wouldn't put it past The Tebow Fanatics to start protesting our team if this happens

But what's the worst they could do? Curse us not to win any Super Bowls? laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2015, 10:39 AM) *
Really, you have the most fragile starting QB in the history of the NFL and you are going to keep two QBs?

Hardly the most fragile....right now that would go to Griffin by a wide margin

Tebow is not PS eligible; however, after his recent performance, someone might pick him up. Chip got a conditional 7th for Barkley who stunk up the field. He would not try to get something for Tebow who might have some upside with his new mechanics?

Anyone picking him up would be a huge surprise....Barkley playing poorly does not offset Tebow's struggles this preseason....He played better on an even playing field but he was by no means incredible....it was the 4th preseason game, notorious for stellar performances that man nothing....Ask Mostert.

Kinne does not replace Tebow. Tebow is a big, strong guy suitable for 4th and 1 when you don't want a fragile QB under centre.

Kinne is not fragile.....he is not Tebow's size in terms of weight but he is not Doug Flutie

Hmmm...so Kelce makes a pro bowl but can't move anybody......interesting...while his first year in the league may have spawned that wive's tale he certainly has grown into one of the best centers in the game so I think that little myth has been dispelled.....he may not pancake guys but he is certainly more than capable.......

Joegrane
[ Bradford ] Hardly the most fragile....right now that would go to Griffin by a wide margin

Griffin's injuries have typically been due to stupidity. Most or all of Bradford's have been while in the pocket.

Kinne is not fragile.....

I see that Kinne is almost as big as Tebow, at least on paper, thanks. However, Tebow seems to be much more physical.

...so Kelce makes a pro bowl but can't move anybody......he may not pancake guys ...

I love Kelce but he is great in large part because of his speed. How many times was he way out in front of one of Shady's long runs. As you indicated he is not a big C who pancakes people. That's what is most often needed on 4th and 1.

So with Kelce at C and Chicken Legs under centre the D does not have to do anything special to protect against a sneak. Doesn't that make it somewhat harder for a RB to find a hole?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.