Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RG3, Yea or Nay?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Suppose the Skins cut him tomorrow and he goes on waivers.

Would you pick him up?

My vote?

Nay.

Wouldn't want the drama.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2015, 06:09 PM) *

Would you pick him up?

My vote?

Nay.

Wouldn't want the drama.

Could always use one more injury prone QB... I say Yea

Also admit you love the drama... admit it... I bet you can't wait untill Jordan Matthews is doing driveway press conferences and push ups in his front yard
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 4 2015, 08:43 PM) *
Could always use one more injury prone QB... I say Yea

Also admit you love the drama... admit it... I bet you can't wait untill Jordan Matthews is doing driveway press conferences and push ups in his front yard

With that offensive line, the Redskins better hold on to all the QBs they can. Their first game is against the Dolphins and I'm thinking Wake and Suh are licking their chops after watching film on Wash OL starters this preseason.
mcnabbulous
I'd pass.

With that said, I don't think the Skins will cut him. I think Snyder would rather pay him to rot in DC than risk the slim chance that he can revive his career elsewhere.
Reality Fan
No....never.....even if he is free........he is a hot mess and narcissist of the highest order....he will not be happy being a back up...

and it hurts to say that because I was a huge fan when he came out...huge fan.....
Joegrane
No chance he is coming here for several reasons:

I don't think the Skins will release him. I bet they are making him #2 to try to light a fire under his butt. Also he can still contribute as a Wildcat and as #2 if needed.

He would not choose Philly since the best Chip would offer is #3 QB. He'll want an opportunity to compete for #1.

If Chip did not want D Jax's drama, he is not going to want RG III's. "Character."

Running QBs have a reputation for not being likely to get to the SB; however, I think the sample size is too small to support that claim. Wilson is smarter than most such QBs in the way he operates. In general he seems to have his head on straight. RB III does not.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2015, 09:09 PM) *

Would you pick him up?

Joegrane
I agree. How many years remain on his contract?
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 4 2015, 10:21 PM) *
I'd pass.

With that said, I don't think the Skins will cut him. I think Snyder would rather pay him to rot in DC than risk the slim chance that he can revive his career elsewhere.

Wheeljack
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2015, 09:09 PM) *

Would you pick him up?

My vote?

Nay.

Wouldn't want the drama.

would much rather have him than Tebow.
But... I don't think RG3 is gonna be a team's 3rd stringer at this point, plus it makes no sense

Kind of hope he goes to Andy and the Chiefs
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 4 2015, 10:21 PM) *
I'd pass.

A coworker of mine lives in D.C. and says that Snyder and RGIII are butt buddies. Go bowling together, BBQ together, etc. I doubt Snyder lets his toy go. If he does, I also hear he's a locker room nightmare. Also, if he hits waivers there are plenty of QB needy teams who are in line before us who could take a flyer on him.
TO's Sharpie
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 5 2015, 07:09 AM) *
A coworker of mine lives in D.C. and says that Snyder and RGIII are butt buddies. Go bowling together, BBQ together, etc. I doubt Snyder lets his toy go. If he does, I also hear he's a locker room nightmare. Also, if he hits waivers there are plenty of QB needy teams who are in line before us who could take a flyer on him.

Houston makes the most sense, QB friendly coach and he goes home to Texas.
Speed_Kills
He's going to end up in Dallas. Bank it.
mcnabbulous
Id also like to see him end up with Andy, as I think that's where he has the best shot to revise his career.

New Orleans could make some sense too.
JeeQ
Washington has decided not to cut him and if he remains injury free this year they'll be paying him 16M next season... Couldn't happen to a better joke of an organization laugh.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 5 2015, 10:31 AM) *
Washington has decided not to cut him and if he remains injury free this year they'll be paying him 16M next season... Couldn't happen to a better joke of an organization laugh.gif

Seriously, I'm waiting for some clown working for a stadium they're visiting to play the Benny Hill theme when they come out of the tunnel onto the field.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.