Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barkley traded
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Best of luck, Matt. Hope you suck less there than you did here.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 4 2015, 01:43 PM) *

Despite everything, I still think Matt has some talent. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. God Bless him!
JeeQ
Cardinals are the rest home where USC QBs go to die... thanks for the pick Matt!
Eyrie
ohmy.gif

Kelly deserves a raise for this piece of daylight robbery.
Joegrane
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 4 2015, 04:43 PM) *

Actually I think he will "suck less."

I wonder if he was affected mentally by the statements by B Graham and members of the media speculating that it was Tebow's job to loose.

I wonder if it was Barkley's preference to be released rather than be traded. Maybe once he lost hope of earning the job he packed it in.

I bet he will show that he can be an effective #3 QB in the right system.

I don't know if he had the right personality for the Northeast. He had the feel of a west coast beach kid. Maybe that will play better in Az.

At least they got something for him even though he only has one year remaining on his contract.

I don't have a problem with them only getting a conditional 7th. They got Tebow for nothing.
Reality Fan
if any of those are true then he is not cut out to be an NFL QB...

He quit.....regardless of whether he knew he was out the door he needed to realize that there are 31 other teams....my guess is that we never get the pick for him...
Wheeljack
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Sep 4 2015, 04:07 PM) *

Dear O-Line,

Please Protect Sam Bradford At All Costs.
nephillymike
Shame about it is, if he played later in the preseason the way he played the first preseason game, we would have gotten a higher pick for him.

He just didn't have it.

He had plenty of time to show it this year and the reporters were saying in camp, he had by far the higher number of INT's than the other 3 QB's.

He can't throw the deep ball.

I think we get the 7th because if you are ARI, why even do the trade if you don't expect him to stick around for at least 6 games?

So judging by previous drafts, we picked up a Mihalik, B. Allen, Kruger, Poyer, King, B. Brown, G. Lloyd, Havilii for a guy we were going to cut. Maybe we get the B. Brown or B. Allen of the lot. About a 25% shot.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 5 2015, 05:51 AM) *
So judging by previous drafts, we picked up a Mihalik, B. Allen, Kruger, Poyer, King, B. Brown, G. Lloyd, Havilii for a guy we were going to cut. Maybe we get the B. Brown or B. Allen of the lot. About a 25% shot.

It seems every year some player slides to the end of the draft for some reason. This year it was Collins, the Eagles snagged the guys you mentioned. Kelly has shown that he'll gamble on injury too.
Zero
FWIW ...
Howard Eskin Verified account
‏@howardeskin
Despite multiple reports #Eagles r not trying to trade RB Kenjon Barner but are shopping LB Najee Goode. Im told DB J. Watkins has been cut
Eskin sucks ...
Dreagon
Okay, you gotta give Chip Kelly props for this.

The man actually managed to trade a guy who was beaten in preseason by Tim Tebow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.