Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eating my crow now.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
TeBlow looks better than Barkley, and should make the team. I can admit when I was wrong.

Barkley looks terrible.

nephillymike
hold off proclamations until after the game.
mcnabbulous
All due respect, this was obvious months ago.

They are both turds. One of the turns can do something though. Something is better than nothing.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 3 2015, 08:31 PM) *
TeBlow looks better than Barkley, and should make the team. I can admit when I was wrong.

Barkley looks terrible.

you were not wrong that Tebow is not a good traditional QB.....but he does have a skill set that can be utilized...and no one saw Barkley being so god awful tonight...
nephillymike
Yeah, save some of that for me.

Barkley just doesn't have it.

I expected more from him nd really thought he would be at a level of A decent #2 QB on this team.

I was wrong on him.

Tebow was a little better than I expected in totality of the preseason, but it really was more about Barkley's struggles.
Pila
Why not get rid of both and pickup the Jets 4th stringer. He was eons better than both of them combined.
mcnabbulous
https://twitter.com/sbnationgif/status/639618962997665792

It could be worse.
Christian_Cat
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tebowtime&src=tyah
nephillymike
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 10:01 PM) *

congrats CC, looks like your boy made the team
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2015, 08:03 PM) *
congrats CC, looks like your boy made the team

Thanks Mike! smile.gif

I just have to say this God is good. Sorry had to throw it in there.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 10:06 PM) *
Thanks Mike! smile.gif

Matt Barkley is a super Christian. God isn't that good.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 10:06 PM) *
Thanks Mike! smile.gif

Got to watch throwing the G word out there.

If by some chance TT doesn't make it, does that mean G is bad?
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2015, 08:09 PM) *
Matt Barkley is a super Christian. God isn't that good.

I never made any reference to Barkley. I am happy for Tim. I know Barkley is a Christian and I wish him no ill will whatsoever. Matter fact I never made a bad comment about him.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 10:11 PM) *
I never made any reference to Barkley. I am happy for Tim. I know Barkley is a Christian and I wish him no ill will whatsoever. Matter fact I never made a bad comment about him.

Right, but if God had anything to do with this, wouldn't he have made Matt Barkley even a step above hot garbage as a QB?

Just sayin' pretty sure God didn't inject himself into this one.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2015, 10:12 PM) *
Right, but if God had anything to do with this, wouldn't he have made Matt Barkley even a step above hot garbage as a QB?

Maybe God hates USC quarterbacks?
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 4 2015, 03:12 AM) *

Clearly Barkley is a Moor masquerading himself a Christian.

Christ's army wins again. gOD bless.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2015, 10:26 PM) *
Clearly Barkley is a Moor masquerading himself a Christian.

Christ's army wins again. gOD bless.

You mean a Moop
Joegrane
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 3 2015, 08:31 PM) *

Barkley looks terrible.

That's big of you.

I admit I thought Barkley would look much better than Tebow as a passer. I'm shocked at how poorly Barkley played.

Tebow makes enough plays with a combination of his legs and arm to give a team a chance. He looked good evading the pass rush.

Tebow also has some possible "upside" as he learns the system and becomes more confident and polished with the new mechanics.

JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2015, 08:20 PM) *
Maybe God hates USC quarterbacks?

Not nearly as much as I do...

One down, one to go...
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 3 2015, 09:44 PM) *
Not nearly as much as I do...

One down, one to go...

At first I was confused by your one down, one to go comment. But then it all hit me; Sanchez is also a former USC QB.
JeeQ
I know I've said it before but I'm going to say it again so no one gets it confused...

Tim Tebow Will Start A Game For The Eagles In The 2015 Season

It's his destiny at this point and you might as well give in... I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford's knee blows up in the first game

The Eagles have gone through all 3 QBs on the roster due to injury in both Chip Kelly seasons now
Eyrie
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 4 2015, 01:31 AM) *

Barkley looks terrible.

Very generous of you.

However I've heard nothing to suggest that Tebow has earned the job through playing well. He'll be the #3 simply because Barkley was utterly incompetent.

So I'll wait until Tebow plays well for us to reach for the condiments.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 4 2015, 11:24 AM) *
Very generous of you.

However I've heard nothing to suggest that Tebow has earned the job through playing well. He'll be the #3 simply because Barkley was utterly incompetent.

So I'll wait until Tebow plays well for us to reach for the condiments.

Actually XSV's post wasn't entirely generous as he still refers to Tebow as Teblow. However, he has given Tebow some credit where credit is due. Therefore I commend XSV for being the bigger person and eating crow when warranted. smile.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 4 2015, 08:52 PM) *
Actually XSV's post wasn't entirely generous as he still refers to Tebow as Teblow. However, he has given Tebow some credit where credit is due. Therefore I commend XSV for being the bigger person and eating crow when warranted. smile.gif

Xsv was being generous because Tebow hasn't earned the job but inherited it when the previous incumbent was fired for incompetence.

If we need to use him then I hope Tebow justifies the faith that you've had in him all offseason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.