Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Depth could be an issue
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Every game this preseason our backups and third strings have given up points and yards and not been able to produce much late in the game. I know it's only backups and our starters have looked phenomenal but I'm worried that one injury here or there could really screw us over, not a whole lot of these backups having been playing up to par with the exception of Burton and Mostert
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Sep 3 2015, 07:48 PM) *
Every game this preseason our backups and third strings have given up points and yards and not been able to produce much late in the game. I know it's only backups and our starters have looked phenomenal but I'm worried that one injury here or there could really screw us over, not a whole lot of these backups having been playing up to par with the exception of Burton and Mostert

the difference between the preseason and the regular season is that in the preseason the 2nd and third teams are playing with, well..., the second and third teams as a whole....in the regular season you plug in a guy with the first team guys...you don't plug in a the whole 2nd team....

What team has in the NFL has great players in backup roles at many positions....it is a matter of picking your poison regarding which spots you want to be strong...you can't have great depth across the board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.