Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25288554/jimmy-johnson-tebow-can-work-in-nfl-if-you-design-an-offense-for-him
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Kelly designed an offense that requires the QB to locate the open receiver and deliver the ball quickly and with accuracy. None of those things appear to be Tebow's strengths. Kelly found a QB who does those things well.

Why would Kelly devise a new offense, or any coach for that matter, for a 28 year old QB?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2015, 04:55 AM) *
Kelly designed an offense that requires the QB to locate the open receiver and deliver the ball quickly and with accuracy. None of those things appear to be Tebow's strengths. Kelly found a QB who does those things well.

Why would Kelly devise a new offense, or any coach for that matter, for a 28 year old QB?

Especially given Kelly's preference for backups who match the styles of the starters for ease of implementation if the starters go down?
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 12:02 AM) *

Why would anyone want to build an offense around a wanna be qb that is still learning how to throw a football correctly at 28 years old?

Waste of time.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Sep 3 2015, 12:02 AM) *

The troll is back.

PLEASE, stop feeding the troll.
Joegrane
My theory is that it is not about the #3 QB but rather the productivity after #1 goes down.

If you have to rely on #3 your season is over.

However, if Sanchez has to start one or more games you've lost your guy who exceptionally "delivers the ball quickly and with accuracy."

Having Tebow active as the #2 gives Chip additional tools/toys to compliment what Sanchez does. At the very least it gives opposing coaches more to prepare for.

I won't be surprised if the Skins do that with RG III now that Cousins is the starter. RGIII will come in for a few plays per game to run around, take stupid hits and give up fumble-sixes.

We had that briefly with the Kolb n Vick show.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2015, 05:55 AM) *
Kelly designed an offense that requires the QB to locate the open receiver and deliver the ball quickly and with accuracy....

Joegrane
Jimmy Johnson: Tim Tebow can work in NFL if you design an offense for him

I'm not so sure. I'm not convinced that Tebow is more than a Wildcat, a gimmick QB.

Maybe over time his new mechanics will solidify and he'll have some success.. That will translate into increased confidence in his passing ability. I'm really interested in seeing what he will do in a half of football and without the #4 O Line in front of him. He will have to attempt more passes--or maybe he'll continue to take off if he is not comfortable with his first read.

Eyrie
I could work in the NFL if you designed an offense for me.

Mind you, it would have to be one hell of a good design given that I make Pinkston look like Schwarzenegger and have never played football in my life biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.