Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barkley Starts on Thurs Night
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Guess he's still leading by the skin of his teeth.
nd9kel
Good luck Matt. I think Chicago would be a possible location for him though. The Bears are watching for Cutler to self-destruct even though he's had a decent preseason (no turnovers), and Clausen isn't my candidate for clipboard carrier of the year.
JeeQ
I hope he comes out and puts up ridiculous numbers... and lands us that 3rd round pick in a trade
Reality Fan
Maybe we will get lucky and Barkley will retire tomorrow and Tebow will be called away to serve the missions in Africa and we never hear or mention either name ever again in Philadelphia under penalty of death?

JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 1 2015, 02:51 PM) *
Maybe we will get lucky and Barkley will retire tomorrow and Tebow will be called away to serve the missions in Africa and we never hear or mention either name ever again in Philadelphia under penalty of death?

I hear next season Chip is bringing in Matt Leinart and JaMarcus Russell
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 1 2015, 08:32 PM) *
I hear next season Chip is bringing in Matt Leinart and JaMarcus Russell

McNabb is in town for a tryout.......and then he and Chip are going out for drinks.....McNabb is driving.....
nephillymike
I hope it comes together for Barkley.

He seems to make the progressions and is similar to Sanchez, and while it's below what I thought he would do this year, I'd rather have a decent #3. I think it's too late for him to get us a pick.

If my options are Barkley and cut Tebow

Or

Tebow and trade Barkley for a pick

I think I'd need the pick to be a 5th or better to make me open to Tebow as our 3rd QB.

I thought about this today. Chip has said he wants his backups to play a style similar to his starters so that if they're called upon, it has a similar feel. How the heck an you pick Tebow over Barkley if that is the case. I don't think Chip is keen on changing "the system" for one guy over the other ten.

And another thing.

It's the NFCCG at home vs. SEA, down by 8 late in the game. We score a TD so we're down by 2.

Are you telling me that you would bring Tebow into the game over Bradford for the 2 point conversion with a chance for the SB on the line?

If the answer is yes, then Tebow is your man and go get your head examined.

If the answer is no, then there is no spot for Tebow on the team, as he would add nothing in the gadget role. If you are not going to use him to get to tie the NFCCG, you shouldn't use him any other two pt conversion.

I know this is a harsh post on Tebow. It's nothing to do with Tebow the man. He's a great person and I wish him well. And truth be told, if he significantly out performs Barkley Thursday, he may deserve the spot.

But I just don't see it.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 1 2015, 11:24 PM) *
If the answer is yes, then Tebow is your man and go get your head examined.

If the answer is no, then there is no spot for Tebow on the team, as he would add nothing in the gadget role. If you are not going to use him to get to tie the NFCCG, you shouldn't use him any other two pt conversion.

I know this is a harsh post on Tebow. It's nothing to do with Tebow the man. He's a great person and I wish him well. And truth be told, if he significantly out performs Barkley Thursday, he may deserve the spot.

But I just don't see it.

Ok...devil's advocate (no biblical reference intended...)

Same scenario....You keep Barkley, who has had 3 training camps to improve and learn the offense and yet has looked good on one throw and terrible on others and you feel like he brings anything to the table to replace Sanchez should he go down and win games for us?

Who should have their head examined?

I can't get how you gloss over Barkley's mediocrity after 3 full TCs....and pull for him to make the team.......truly bizarre...

I say get rid of both of them and resign Kinne....
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 2 2015, 01:48 AM) *
.....McNabb is driving.....

laugh.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 2 2015, 04:32 AM) *
I say get rid of both of them and resign Kinne....

Boom!

That's my solution as well. Hell, I'd seriously consider carrying only 2 QBs. If Sam goes down, neither Bark, Holy Tim, or Gj would be any better than a street free agent, and ultimately it'd be a lost season.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 1 2015, 06:48 PM) *
McNabb is in town for a tryout.......and then he and Chip are going out for drinks.....McNabb is driving.....

ohmy.gif ...

laugh.gif
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 1 2015, 05:51 PM) *

That would be the greatest moment in modern Eagles history
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.