Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Mike, the guys at PFF have a message for you
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/...-andrew-gardner

Eagles O-Line looking pretty good w/out Todd and Evan

I know how highly you regard their opinions
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 31 2015, 01:07 PM) *
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/...-andrew-gardner

Eagles O-Line looking pretty good w/out Todd and Evan

I know how highly you regard their opinions

I heard R. Diddy also say on Sunday that they played well. That's great news.

I appreciate the heads up for letting me know as I didn't see this and you're right I do like the stuff they put out.

But I'm surprised that you would bring it up. Any time I bring up how good the guys were per PFF that we traded away, it gets dismissed!

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 07:46 PM) *
I heard R. Diddy also say on Sunday that they played well. That's great news.

I appreciate the heads up for letting me know as I didn't see this and you're right I do like the stuff they put out.

But I'm surprised that you would bring it up. Any time I bring up how good the guys were per PFF that we traded away, it gets dismissed!

Well...since you valued their opinion so highly I thought it would ease your concerns over losing Evan and Todd. I know you are worried about O-Line depth, but overall depth, as far as I can see, is deeper than last year. I can see them adding O-Line depth next year, while we remain stacked everywhere else on the O. Something tells me that this was a well-calculated plan, does Chip seem like a guy who makes hasty decisions? The huge off-season turnover is already looking like it is paying dividends, and all of those players seem fully on board with Chip. Sconces and Fletcher always smelled like mercenaries, necessary evils until he had time to replace them. I don't feel that way about the new FAs, even Murray has shed the stench of big D in my mind.

If Bradford is our Brees, then the sky is the limit. Yeah it was a gamble, but you saw what he could do in this O, and he has only been in it for a few months. If we open up 2-0 I think even the doubters will be silenced...keep your fingers crossed we might be at the start of something special.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 31 2015, 07:02 PM) *
Well...since you valued their opinion so highly I thought it would ease your concerns over losing Evan and Todd. I know you are worried about O-Line depth, but overall depth, as far as I can see, is deeper than last year. I can see them adding O-Line depth next year, while we remain stacked everywhere else on the O. Something tells me that this was a well-calculated plan, does Chip seem like a guy who makes hasty decisions? The huge off-season turnover is already looking like it is paying dividends, and all of those players seem fully on board with Chip. Sconces and Fletcher always smelled like mercenaries, necessary evils until he had time to replace them. I don't feel that way about the new FAs, even Murray has shed the stench of big D in my mind.

If Bradford is our Brees, then the sky is the limit. Yeah it was a gamble, but you saw what he could do in this O, and he has only been in it for a few months. If we open up 2-0 I think even the doubters will be silenced...keep your fingers crossed we might be at the start of something special.

Do you like our OL depth?
Our DB depth?

I think they could use a boost.

But on to better things:

FWIW, if you go down the Eagles schedule and take the ratings companies like Sagarin or Covers.com for the end of last year's ratings, we would be favored in 13 of 16, only dogs @DAL, @NE and @DET.

This team and this schedule could make a playoff bye doable.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 08:27 PM) *

Are you turning in you Axis photo ID?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 31 2015, 07:33 PM) *
Are you turning in you Axis photo ID?

A reminder that this Axis member has bet the over on Eagles wins most years, and in 2011 predicted a SB win for our team..

However, the Axis ID has served me well for 55 years........................ devil03.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 08:42 PM) *
A reminder that this Axis member has bet the over on Eagles wins most years, and in 2011 predicted a SB win for our team..

However, the Axis ID has served me well for 55 years........................ devil03.gif

you old bastard...lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Lord I apologize for that right there and please be with the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea, Amen.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 08:27 PM) *
Do you like our OL depth?
Our DB depth?

I think they could use a boost.

But on to better things:

FWIW, if you go down the Eagles schedule and take the ratings companies like Sagarin or Covers.com for the end of last year's ratings, we would be favored in 13 of 16, only dogs @DAL, @NE and @DET.

No, but I can't expect every position to have a quality backup either. I see a process, you don't? DBs are still TBD and Oline too, Tobin and Kelly are serviceable, as is Molk. But the bottom line is that if we lose too many starters no backup matters. By next year I see this roster pretty solid top to bottom. But they, if they stay healthy, have a real shot this year too. With this O you don't need a shut down D, just one that can keep the score down and get off the field occasionally. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.