Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washington names Cousins week one starter
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nd9kel
Is RGIII untradeable? Will Redskins keep him and eat that big contract? I would doubt it.

Do the Redskins become a more potent rival with the change? I want answers, and I want them right now! LOL.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Aug 31 2015, 09:29 AM) *
Is RGIII untradeable? Will Redskins keep him and eat that big contract? I would doubt it.

Do the Redskins become a more potent rival with the change? I want answers, and I want them right now! LOL.

where is the link? They have said they might but there was no official word......still not on PFT which is odd...where did you hear this?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog...-starter-week-1
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 31 2015, 10:34 AM) *
where is the link? They have said they might but there was no official word......still not on PFT which is odd...where did you hear this?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog...-starter-week-1

Here you go LINK

"The Redskins' decision to start Cousins comes amid turmoil surrounding quarterback Robert Griffin III, who missed Saturday's preseason game because of concussion symptoms.

Some high-ranking Redskins officials and coaches want to part ways with Griffin but are meeting resistance from the team's ownership, team and league sources told ESPN on Sunday. The Redskins even have discussed trading Griffin, according to sources."
D Rock
I'm hearing that foreskinz brass all want RGIII gone, but ownership is refusing to let go.

LOLOLOL

This scenario is pure joy and entertainment to my eyes.
nd9kel
If RG is cut do you think Chip would take a chance?
D Rock
I sure as hell hope not.
SAM I Am
Ever since that little snotnose snyder took ownership of the team, it has been one fuck up after another, year in and year out.

Too bad he can't buy the gnats too.

I'm content with jenny jones as the owner in dullass.
JeeQ
RGIII got dealt a bad hand... Never was able to fully recover from his injury, O-Line was a complete joke, and worst of all, he was on the Redskins

Would love to see him get a second chance
Dreagon
The Redskins are a dumpster fire.

Now that's out of the way, I'm sure there are several teams intrigued with the idea of RGIII hitting the market. I just pray my team isn't one of them. He looked good his rookie year, mainly running a read-option. He has looked like crap ever since, and we don't run the read option.

He might make more sense with you guys, especially as a third stringer.
xsv
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 31 2015, 01:52 PM) *
The Redskins are dumpster fire.

Now that's out of the way, I'm sure there are several teams intrigued with the idea of RGIII hitting the market. I just pray my team isn't one of them. He looked good his rookie year, mainly running a read-option. He has looked like crap ever since, and we don't run the read option.

He's way better than either of our current 3rd string QBs.
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 31 2015, 06:14 PM) *
RGIII got dealt a bad hand... Never was able to fully recover from his injury, O-Line was a complete joke, and worst of all, he was on the Redskins

We need a third string QB ....

QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 31 2015, 06:54 PM) *
He's way better than either of our current 3rd string QBs.

.... and there is a vacancy.

But he'll get a better offer elsewhere to be a back up with a chance to start.
Reality Fan
I think the biggest thing with Griffin that folks are missing is not his injury or the fact that the Redskins are a mess but it is that Griffin seems to be a locker room problem as well...his rookie year inflated his ego to epic proportions and he is generally disliked by his teammates. That is a huge deal in the NFL. I wonder if he still thinks he is the best QB in the league?
JeeQ
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 31 2015, 11:18 AM) *
We need a third string QB ....

.... and there is a vacancy.

But he'll get a better offer elsewhere to be a back up with a chance to start.

Think we could convince them to take both Tebow and Barkley in exchange? laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 31 2015, 01:52 PM) *

NOOOOO!!!! He's a complete head case who apparently refuses to accept responsibility for anything! NOOOOO!!!!
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 31 2015, 10:52 AM) *

You sir, need to read this article:

Dan Snyder... is a walking, talking, meddling pile of failure.

Earlier in the week, Gruden, who coaches a football team bearing the name of an obvious racial slur, who works for an owner who’s a transparent lunatic, and who himself was suspected recently of deliberately arranging that his once-signature quarterback get concussed out of the starting job in favor of Cousins, demonstrated the kind of priorities necessary to succeed as a coach at the professional level.

laugh.gif
Joegrane
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Aug 31 2015, 11:59 AM) *
If RG is cut do you think Chip would take a chance?

No way. It is a character issue.

I don't see the Skins getting rid of him after an injury.
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 31 2015, 07:54 PM) *
Think we could convince them to take both Tebow and Barkley in exchange? laugh.gif

Now that is just plain nasty biggrin.gif

But since we're talking about a deal with Dan Snyder here, there's a fair chance that he'll leap at the opportunity.
D Rock
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 31 2015, 05:14 PM) *

I said it the moment Shanahan played him in the playoffs on the bum knee...

"He ruined that kids career." Shanny is a douche nozzle.
nephillymike
A civil suit?

That would be interesting.

If I were the the defense, I would call up 52 people to testify and listen to about 40 of them tell the jury that they thought RGIII should not be the starter.

It is fun to watch from a distance.

If nothing else, it should make the tickets for the Eagles game @ Was affordable!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 08:21 PM) *
A civil suit?

That would be interesting.

If I were the the defense, I would call up 52 people to testify and listen to about 40 of them tell the jury that they thought RGIII should not be the starter.

It is fun to watch from a distance.

If nothing else, it should make the tickets for the Eagles game @ Was affordable!

Just the guy suggesting a civil suit tells me Pierce should stick to political satire....

Something tells me any Eagles tix are going to be salty this year....
JeeQ
Not to throw fuel on the fire but the Eagles name is officially in the RGIII rumor mill... His 3.29M really isn't that much when we're paying Sanchez even more than that
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 31 2015, 08:19 PM) *
Not to throw fuel on the fire but the Eagles name is officially in the RGIII rumor mill... His 3.29M really isn't that much when we're paying Sanchez even more than that

Please NO!

The last thing we need is more attention for a 3rd string QB!!
Dreagon
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm surprised they haven't cut RGIII. He got outplayed by both the second and the third string QBs this preseason. And since they took that fifth year option on him, they would be crazy to put him back in even if the other two end up stinking. If he gets injured like he has in the past, they end up owing him 16 million next year. Truthfully, cutting him and picking some QB off the street would be saner choice.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 31 2015, 06:23 PM) *
Please NO!

The last thing we need is more attention for a 3rd string QB!!

It's not a true Eagles season unless there's a QB controversy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.