Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting observation by Reuben Frank
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Itís interesting to see how many penalties the Eaglesí opponents are committing. The Colts were 8 for 102, the Ravens 17 for 139 and the Packers 14 for 113. Thatís 39 penalties for 354 yards in three games. Thatís a lot of yards. And itís not a coincidence. To a great extent, itís a product of the tempo the Eagles operate at. It takes defenses out of their game, keeps them off-balance, wears them out, and this all takes defenders out of their comfort zone and puts them in position where theyíre not using sound technique. That puts them in poor position, and that results in penalties. Crazy.

Zero
It's more than the tempo, it's the successful tempo.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 30 2015, 12:28 PM) *
Itís interesting to see how many penalties the Eaglesí opponents are committing. The Colts were 8 for 102, the Ravens 17 for 139 and the Packers 14 for 113. Thatís 39 penalties for 354 yards in three games. Thatís a lot of yards. And itís not a coincidence. To a great extent, itís a product of the tempo the Eagles operate at. It takes defenses out of their game, keeps them off-balance, wears them out, and this all takes defenders out of their comfort zone and puts them in position where theyíre not using sound technique. That puts them in poor position, and that results in penalties. Crazy.

yes...an observation he stole from Ray Diddinger...whom he gave no credit...Diddinger made the observation after the Ravens game on Reuben's own Comcast Network.....

Reuben is a hack...
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 30 2015, 12:28 PM) *
When it comes to preseason, there are a lot of things that I believe are meaningless, such as the final score of the games, who won, and this is also one of them.

Let's see how it shakes out when the season starts.
nd9kel
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 30 2015, 12:38 PM) *
When it comes to preseason, there are a lot of things that I believe are meaningless, such as the final score of the games, who won, and this is also one of them.

Let's see how it shakes out when the season starts.

True. But the 3rd preseason game usually showcases first teamers for most of the first half. The first quarter our O was a knife through hot butter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.