Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thursday Night Will Decide Tebow or Barkley
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It's a shame Barkley had two drops that hurt drives but he didn't flash in his other work.

Tebow did not either, although he didn't have much time in the game.

I thought it was telling how on the 3rd and long with Tebow, they threw a screen. That would have been an opportunity to see what he had.

I don't think Barkley played well enough to garner trade interest.

Chip's obviously a smart guy, but for the life of me, if he really wants a fair competition, he should play each of them for two series in a row, throughout the game, to neutralize the personnel as a reason for who plays better.

We'll see if he has an epiphany Thursday.
Eyrie
I can live with the outcome provided it's based on the on-field evidence and not imagined benefits if one of them actually executes properly.

I have a bad feeling that neither will outperform the other and Kelly will give Tebow the nod because of his versatility, despite the fact that if we need to use the third QB then we will be a run first team anyway so the nod should go to the player with the better chance of successfully passing the ball to a receiver when required.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 30 2015, 05:29 AM) *
I can live with the outcome provided it's based on the on-field evidence and not imagined benefits if one of them actually executes properly.

I have a bad feeling that neither will outperform the other and Kelly will give Tebow the nod because of his versatility, despite the fact that if we need to use the third QB then we will be a run first team anyway so the nod should go to the player with the better chance of successfully passing the ball to a receiver when required.

I sadly agree.

Kelly had no quotes on Barkley's play this week but in weeks past, he was always quick to point to others as being responsible for Tebow's struggles, when, if true, I can see him doing that. It will be telling if he does the same tonight for Barkley where two obvious drops really curtailed drives.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 30 2015, 06:29 AM) *

See....this is what has me scratching my head....

You should have a bad feeling that Kelly is keeping either one of them.....Barkley is in year 3 with this offense.....and looks like it is his first at times.
D Rock
Jesus H. TeBlow!!! I can't fucking wait until we can stop talking about 3rd string quarterbacks.

SAM I Am
Make Barkley the two, Sanchez the three and send Tebow back to doing whatever it was he was doing the last two years.

Hopefully Bradford doesn't miss more than a game or two to minor injury this season. If he goes on IR, the season is done.
Joegrane
It's a shame Barkley had two drops that hurt drives but he didn't flash in his other work...I don't think Barkley played well enough to garner trade interest.

True but anyone evaluating him will see that he has done quite well getting the ball to receivers in short to intermediate routes.

In order to be tradable he probably has to be perceived as a strong candidate for a #2 Qb job. I don't know that he is. My guess is that the only way he is traded is if someone looses a #2 Qb next week.

Tebow did not either, although he didn't have much time in the game....

I thought it was telling how on the 3rd and long with Tebow, they threw a screen.

... if he really wants a fair competition, he should play each of them for two series in a row, ...

I agree on all points. I wonder if that say something about the competition--what is in chip's mind.

We'll see if he has an epiphany Thursday

I don't expect anything more than we've seen--Tebow is valuable as a runner and can hit an open receiver; however is spotty when he has to hit a small window. He also lacks confidence in his accuracy. There was no better example than the situation last week near the end zone. He had an open receiver but choose to run instead. It worked out for the Eagles but was still telling.

There is no doubt that Barkley is the better passer and better backup QB for virtually every team.

If Tebow wins the job, it can't be about having a more effective #3 Qb. I bet it is about Tebow's potential to supplement at the QB position with Sanchez.

Bradford is playing so well I can't imagine the Eagles keeping Tebow active on game day. However, if Bradford is out and Tebow is the #2, I can see Chip planning some Wildcat plays for Tebow and putting him in for some very short yardage situations. It would force opposing D coordinators to spend time game planning for it.

Therefore Tebow might make the Eagles a better team if Sanchez has to start. Barkley would not. That is the only justification I can think of for keeping Tebow assuming there is no one who will trade for Barkley.
JeeQ
This is going to be one of the worst fucking games of football I'm going to witness in my lifetime...

It's going to take all of my Eagles fandom to stomach through a game of nothing but Barkley and Tebow
Wheeljack
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 30 2015, 11:41 AM) *
Jesus H. TeBlow!!! I can't fucking wait until we can stop talking about 3rd string quarterbacks.

I was hoping Bradford and Sanchez would be enough to NOT talk about who's at 3... but Tebow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.