Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why the Bradford hit was legal
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://operations.nfl.com/the-officials/th...ciating-videos/

With the zone option, the mesh point is a longer period of time which increases the likelihood of QB hits.

I'm OK with it.

To cope, I say we play our new QB as little as possible this week to protect him.

I have some bubble wrap from work I can bring in.

If you're scared, get a dog.

Otherwise, let's play some football!!

We want to see Sam into the third quarter!!

BTW, just for shits and giggles, I send a hit squad out for Manning and Brady and Brees and Rodgers and blow up those guys as they hand off. I bring a copy of this video with me and give it to the refs. It would be good business for Kleenex. There ain't enough tissues for the tears. Fuck it, add Romo to the mix.

2015, the year of dog pile on the QB!!
mcnabbulous
While I wouldn't do it to those named QBs, I think someone should do it to Flacco. It's like hitting a star player in baseball. Expect that your best guy is gonna get plunked.

If that's the game Harbaugh and Suggs want to play, so be it.

One of our backups should have been all over Flacco's knees...regardless of how fucked up it is.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 28 2015, 11:04 PM) *
While I wouldn't do it to those named QBs, I think someone should do it to Flacco. It's like hitting a star player in baseball. Expect that your best guy is gonna get plunked.

If that's the game Harbaugh and Suggs want to play, so be it.

One of our backups should have been all over Flacco's knees...regardless of how fucked up it is.

I like thought of retaliation.

However, I would have went all Longest Yard on Suggs.
Zero
My problem with that play was more that it was a preseason game and Suggs could have gone for a higher tackle out of respect for the injury history. Not the same with a regular season game. These two teams don't play one another this year unless they both make it to the SB, so it was uncalled for. I'm surprised at Harbaugh's reaction and agree that Flacco should have been targeted. That would have sent a message to the league.
nd9kel
Smart coaches are telling the D to lay off the low hits. Karma is a bitch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.