Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off Topic.....Salute to Darryl Dawkins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
Sad day yesterday......great guy.......
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 28 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Sad day yesterday......great guy.......

He was a Lehigh Valley guy.

Did you have any run-ins with him?

nephillymike
dupe
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 28 2015, 08:19 PM) *
He was a Lehigh Valley guy.

Did you have any run-ins with him?

I did actually. We had a lot of friends in common up here and he frequented the bar my best friend owns. He was very involved in the community up here. Just a great guy, very friendly and open....got the chance to get to know him a little and was amazed at how engaging he was.

Funny tidbit....he went to Zumba class with some female friends of mine...he would go with his wife.

He was the best kind of retired athlete....friendly and not impressed with himself.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 28 2015, 10:18 PM) *
I did actually. We had a lot of friends in common up here and he frequented the bar my best friend owns. He was very involved in the community up here. Just a great guy, very friendly and open....got the chance to get to know him a little and was amazed at how engaging he was.

Funny tidbit....he went to Zumba class with some female friends of mine...he would go with his wife.

He was the best kind of retired athlete....friendly and not impressed with himself.

I've been hearing really good things about him since his passing.

Sounds like a great guy.

Gone too soon.
SAM I Am
Dude obliterated some backboards!

Loved watching him jog up and down the court with about 20 pounds of gold chains bouncing around on his neck.
Pila
Fucking incredible! Bradford is unstoppable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.