Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acho waived/injured
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Emmanuel Acho's locker stall was empty Thursday, his name plate removed. Per a source, the 24-year-old was waived/injured after having thumb surgery over the last couple days.

"It's tough seeing Acho go," said DeMeco Ryans. "Great teammate first and foremost. I think out of all the guys he's probably had the best camp, I know the best camp he's had since I've been around him. But I expect him to heal up pretty fast and get back. Hopefully we can get him back here if another team doesn't snatch him up."

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/08/...AzFzRkFFkf3H.99

I wonder if this is some plan to stash guys. We had a few more waived/injured guys recently.

I got to read up on how that works.
nephillymike
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/expla...njured-process/

The above article explains it pretty well.

Almost all times they clear waivers except the dick Cheatriots (surprise!).

Interesting in that to not expose him to waivers, the Eagles would need to have him be part of the final 53 then IR him and expose healthy player #53 before making the move. They alos would have to use up one of their 90 man spots to a hurt guy.

If/when he comes back they can I/R him or do an injury settlement at which time he is free to go elsewhere.

Can't imagine the thumb was a big deal.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 27 2015, 07:48 PM) *
Emmanuel Acho's locker stall was empty Thursday, his name plate removed. Per a source, the 24-year-old was waived/injured after having thumb surgery over the last couple days.

"It's tough seeing Acho go," said DeMeco Ryans. "Great teammate first and foremost. I think out of all the guys he's probably had the best camp, I know the best camp he's had since I've been around him. But I expect him to heal up pretty fast and get back. Hopefully we can get him back here if another team doesn't snatch him up."

It seemed was doing the best out of the reserve ILBs. This is a surprise.
El Cubano
This one's a tough loss for me, personally. I was ecstatic when I'd first heard we signed him, me being from ATX, and I was looking forward to this being a breakout year for him. Especially with the recently added Jordan Hicks playing alongside him. I hope he has a healthy recovery and successful career, regardless of where he ends up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.