Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kendricks quote
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
I truly believe in what were doing here, Kendricks said. I feel like Im a part of something special and I feel like were doing things that no other entity in the league is doing.

Theres no other team doing the things that were doing, and Im happy to be a part of it, and I really believe in this team. I just feel like were on a path to greatness. I feel it.

Build a roster of talented guys who feel this way and we are in great shape.

I gotta say I like this roster, both talent and personality-wise. The last few years with Reid the guys he brought in were not only questionably talented, but there were few who were unlikable at all. Kendricks was a Reid choice, but he is clearly a Chip guy now.
Reality Fan
hard to argue with the talent level on this team right now....when was the last time we had so many blue chippers (pardon the pun) in so many positions...

we have above average talent at:
RT, LT, C, RB, DT, NG, ILB, OLB, CB

Possible above average talent at:
QB, WR

and that is regardless of culture which only makes that talent shine brighter...

exciting times
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 07:52 PM) *
hard to argue with the talent level on this team right now....when was the last time we had so many blue chippers (pardon the pun) in so many positions...

QB, WR

and that is regardless of culture which only makes that talent shine brighter...

exciting times

Good point
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2015, 09:51 PM) *
Good point

you sound surprised....hahahahaha
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 08:56 PM) *
you sound surprised....hahahahaha

I read it five times to make sure I understood you correctly!!
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 08:52 PM) *

QB, WR

exciting times

What about TE? And you meant NT and DE, right?

Chip the talent evaluator might actually be on to something.

The only glaring holes I really see is with depth in a couple of areas, but what team is deep everywhere? If we stay healthy this could be a real good year.
Joegrane
Good point. Special teams too.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 08:52 PM) *

QB, WR

exciting times

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 25 2015, 10:58 PM) *
What about TE? And you meant NT and DE, right?

Chip the talent evaluator might actually be on to something.

The only glaring holes I really see is with depth in a couple of areas, but what team is deep everywhere? If we stay healthy this could be a real good year.

TE is a possible one...while we think highly of Ertz when you look at his stats he had a 15 catch game against Washington at the end of last year that skewed his numbers. His lack of blocking skills are an issue in this offense so until he can learn those skills I can't anoint him as a plus player. Without them he won't get enough snaps.

I did mean NT and DE....my apologies....went old school and 4-3 in the same post....lol

As far as STs go I agree....there is some great coaching mixed with good talent.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 26 2015, 01:52 AM) *

QB, WR

exciting times

The irony here is clear on a number of levels. First, I fully agree with your entire post.

On first glance my thought was . . . "It was Reid that was all about building from the trenches." Andy built an often great OLine. Remember the dark years where we whiffed on lineman after lineman? Bernard Williams? To this day, I think the best draft pick for the franchise, in the modern era, was Tra. Reid drafted Corey Simon, Mike Patterson, Bunkley, Herremins.

Then it dawned on me. . .

He traded for Peters. He drafted Kelce. And Graham. And Kendricks. If I'm not mistaken, he even brought in Thornton.

Y'all know I'm no Reid/Supa5 fan boy. And I Love what Chips doing. Schematically, and personnel. But Reid didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare. He brought in 4 of the 9 players in your list.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 26 2015, 01:17 AM) *
The irony here is clear on a number of levels. First, I fully agree with your entire post.

On first glance my thought was . . . "It was Reid that was all about building from the trenches." Andy built an often great OLine. Remember the dark years where we whiffed on lineman after lineman? Bernard Williams? To this day, I think the best draft pick for the franchise, in the modern era, was Tra. Reid drafted Corey Simon, Mike Patterson, Bunkley, Herremins.

Then it dawned on me. . .

He traded for Peters. He drafted Kelce. And Graham. And Kendricks. If I'm not mistaken, he even brought in Thornton.

Y'all know I'm no Reid/Supa5 fan boy. And I Love what Chips doing. Schematically, and personnel. But Reid didn't exactly leave the cupboard bare. He brought in 4 of the 9 players in your list.

He also drafted Cox.....
D Rock
Roger that. So Reid brought in 5 of our 9 best players. My point holds true.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 26 2015, 04:30 PM) *
Roger that. So Reid brought in 5 of our 9 best players. My point holds true.

But a lot of missed picks too.

Yet, to your point, I think we're he began to really miss - and consequently had the most significant contribution to the dramatic fall - was the drop off in the coaching ranks.

Once the originals began moving on, he made some truly awful appointments and promotions to replace them... and their subpar work began showing on the field at the most fundamental levels of football, i.e. blocking, tackling, and the growth of promising players.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 26 2015, 03:53 PM) *

Yet, to your point, I think we're he began to really miss - and consequently had the most significant contribution to the dramatic fall - was the drop off in the coaching ranks.

Once the originals began moving on, he made some truly awful appointments and promotions to replace them... and their subpar work began showing on the field at the most fundamental levels of football, i.e. blocking, tackling, and the growth of promising players.

For sure.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 26 2015, 10:53 AM) *

I disagree. That certainly contributed, but I believe our inability to draft talent in the back 7 of our defense was what did Andy in. Between Sheldon Brown and Kendricks, we didn't draft one legit starter. That's nearly incomprehensible.

Graham is clearly better suited as a stand-up pass rusher who doesn't have to be engaged with the monsters up front.

I'm not sure why drafting those positions was such a black hole for Andy, but it most certainly was.

Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2015, 06:15 PM) *
I disagree. That certainly contributed, but I believe our inability to draft talent in the back 7 of our defense was what did Andy in. Between Sheldon Brown and Kendricks, we didn't draft one legit starter. That's nearly incomprehensible.

Graham is clearly better suited as a stand-up pass rusher who doesn't have to be engaged with the monsters up front.

I'm not sure why drafting those positions was such a black hole for Andy, but it most certainly was.

Seems reasonable that played a part in it too, but were the draft picks so out of place, or perhaps their failure more a matter where the growth stalled because of Andy's staff failed to develop them?

In my opinion, a good staff gets more out of these so-called draft "busts. "
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 26 2015, 12:49 PM) *
Seems reasonable that played a part in it too, but were the draft picks so out of place, or perhaps their failure more a matter where the growth stalled because of Andy's staff failed to develop them?

I definitely think it's a combination of the two, but it's not like any of these guys have gone on to any amount of success elsewhere. Ultimately, the Jimmy and the Joes are more important than the X's and the O's. Fortunately, Chip seems to be maximizing both.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 26 2015, 05:49 PM) *

Agreed. Early in Andy's tenure, players who left went on to accomplish nothing in their next NFL stop. Later, players would leave and suddenly the light would go on.

Player development stagnated.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2015, 07:06 PM) *
I definitely think it's a combination of the two, but it's not like any of these guys have gone on to any amount of success elsewhere. Ultimately, the Jimmy and the Joes are more important than the X's and the O's. Fortunately, Chip seems to be maximizing both.

It's difficult to be given a chance once you've failed once in the NFL.

Convention says bet is best placed on younger talent. Few get another chance after failing to develop over their first trial.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 26 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Agreed. Early in Andy's tenure, players who left went on to accomplish nothing in their next NFL stop. Later, players would leave and suddenly the light would go on.

I think so. It correlated with the competence of positional coaching, I think. Best illustration is how embarrassingly bad of a tackling team we became. And how quickly that turned around when new coaches came in.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 26 2015, 01:22 PM) *

Who are we referring to here? I can't really think of anyone of note. Joe Mays had some decent years after he left Philly. Other than that, the cupboard is pretty bare.

I think it was some really poor evaluation.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 26 2015, 06:50 PM) *
Who are we referring to here? I can't really think of anyone of note. Joe Mays had some decent years after he left Philly. Other than that, the cupboard is pretty bare.

I think it was some really poor evaluation.

Quinton Demps is just one example. He's gone on to be a decent safety where we couldn't develop him or ANYONE else in house.

King Dunlap is another.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 26 2015, 02:13 PM) *
Quinton Demps is just one example. He's gone on to be a decent safety where we couldn't develop him or ANYONE else in house.

King Dunlap is another.

I'd say it's a slight stretch here. Dunlap was a 7th round pick. He outperformed that status in Philly.

Demps has been a journeyman since he left Philly.

FlySusanFly
I wonder what McCoy and Jackson have to say about this extension?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (FlySusanFly @ Aug 27 2015, 08:51 AM) *

Welcome to the board!

They're probably whining because they blame everyone but themselves for their actions. If they had committed to the team like Kendricks clearly has, they'd likely still be here.
FlySusanFly
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 27 2015, 10:11 AM) *
Welcome to the board!

They're probably whining because they blame everyone but themselves for their actions. If they had committed to the team like Kendricks clearly has, they'd likely still be here.

Thanks! I agree completely.
D Rock
They're both calling Myk an "uncle tom" today.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (FlySusanFly @ Aug 27 2015, 09:51 AM) *

Welcome to the board....

I am curious is Derrick Gunn will do multiple stories about how this affects Chip Kelly's racist inclinations........I guess that would do 2 things though.

1. Hurt the ridiculous narrative that Kelly is actually racist
2. Bring to the forefront that Gunn and his ilk missed this story so badly even after Kelly clued them in on his intentions at his first TC presser where he told them that Kendricks was not going anywhere and emphatically said they should write that in ink....I mean, come on, what did he need to do.....invite them to the negotiations?

Luckily we, as fans, have these boards to meet and discuss the team because the guys who actually get paid to do it are more interested in the silly stories than actually doing the job they are paid to do....I guess, in short, you could say they suck....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.