Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kendrick's just extended 4 years
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
so much for being trade bait...I guess Chip likes him even if he is two inches too short

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/...so-demeco-ryans
nephillymike
Wow!!

Good for him, good for us.

Relieves my anxiety about Chip getting rid of more talent and creating problems where none exist.

Any chance they move one of them to OLB?

Seems like too much talent and cap space for just one posiiton.

You would think that Alonzo or Kendricks can move outside for spot duty, right?

Why play three ILB 67% of the snaps while being short on talent at the OLB?

Any chance they go to a hybrid OLB safety type like last year on 3rd downs?

Let's see Billy figure it out. Thing is, they haven't been practicing it at all so what do I know?
Zero
This is great news! I hated Andy not valuing linebackers and now they have three studs and a rookie to learn. How are they going to use all those MLBs?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 24 2015, 08:17 PM) *
This is great news! I hated Andy not valuing linebackers and now they have three studs and a rookie to learn. How are they going to use all those MLBs?

You are only counting the ILBs, we have a couple of studs at OLB...that makes 5 LB studs!
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2015, 08:16 PM) *
Wow!!

Good for him, good for us.

Relieves my anxiety about Chip getting rid of more talent and creating problems where none exist.

Any chance they move one of them to OLB?

Seems like too much talent and cap space for just one posiiton.

You would think that Alonzo or Kendricks can move outside for spot duty, right?

Why play three ILB 67% of the snaps while being short on talent at the OLB?

Let's see Billy figure it out. Thing is, they haven't been practicing it at all so what do I know?

My thinking exactly, Graham or Barwin come out and we put are 3 ILB studs on the field at once. Can't wait to see the D with all the pieces in place!
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 24 2015, 08:35 PM) *
You are only counting the ILBs, we have a couple of studs at OLB...that makes 5 LB studs!

Very true. But how will they use 3 ILB plus a rookie?
(never mind, just read your next post)
mcnabbulous
Awesome news! All signs pointed to him being gone.
JeeQ
Chip isn't high on Kendricks... unless of course he is...

Chip is going to trade Kendricks... unless of course he isn't...

Chip isn't going to offer Kendricks a contract... unless of course he did...

#MadGenius
D Rock
They did it Saturday.

Played a few snaps in the first half w 3 down lineman, 3 LBs, and 5 DBs.

I would think in normal nickel situations, they take out the nose tackle, rather than a LB.
Reality Fan
Just goes to show how lousy the beat writers for this team are....

They kissed McCoy's ass because he blabbed to them and they in turn hid his indiscretions...

None of these guys had a clue......except to say he wasn't wanted and was going to be traded.....Reuben Frank is a joke and Derrick Gunn is not far behind...
Joegrane
Wow, Amazing! This is a bigger surprise than the release of Shady. It is not that he has "flashed" in the preseason games.

That is the only thing that makes sense to me. Otherwise they have too many LBs.

Thurmond would become the slot CB. I suppose Kendricks assumes the unusual role due to his elite speed for a LB.

Check out the comparison to strong safeties!
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/161/position/23/

Compare with bubble safety Ed Reynolds
http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/4588/position/23/

I wonder if this says anything about the progress of D Ryans and the development of rookie, Hicks.

Anybody good enough crunching cap numbers to know if this would have been possible had Mathis not been released?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 24 2015, 10:40 PM) *
Just goes to show how lousy the beat writers for this team are....

They kissed McCoy's ass because he blabbed to them and they in turn hid his indiscretions...

None of these guys had a clue......except to say he wasn't wanted and was going to be traded.....Reuben Frank is a joke and Derrick Gunn is not far behind...

That's why they liked Reid.

He would give them stories "off the record" while not saying anything in his pressers which did us common folk no good but it appeased the writers.

Chip gives us a lot more, but them a lot less, not that they could tell us what Andy gave them. Chip will have a real short leash because of it.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2015, 09:01 PM) *
That's why they liked Reid.

He would give them stories "off the record" while not saying anything in his pressers which did us common folk no good but it appeased the writers.

Chip gives us a lot more, but them a lot less, not that they could tell us what Andy gave them. Chip will have a real short leash because of it.

If Chip isn't careful the media might do something crazy like try and paint him as a racist while he's handing out million dollar contracts like candy on Halloween
Birdman420
Good news! Very happy to keep Kendricks here. Can't wait to see him play this year(without injury)
Eyrie
With Ryans likely only having one year left, this gives us an excellent long term pairing at ILB with Kendricks and Alonso.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 25 2015, 01:33 AM) *
If Chip isn't careful the media might do something crazy like try and paint him as a racist while he's handing out million dollar contracts like candy on Halloween

too funny...heard Reuben Frank on CSN commenting on the extension saying he didn't know where the rumor started that kendricks would be traded as if he was not one of the guys yapping about it....what a clown.....
Ced83
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 24 2015, 06:40 PM) *
so much for being trade bait...I guess Chip likes him even if he is two inches too short

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/...so-demeco-ryans

Hands down the best move Chip has made since becoming GM.
Joegrane
Better than shoring up CB with Maxwell?

QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 25 2015, 07:25 PM) *
Hands down the best move Chip has made since becoming GM.

D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 26 2015, 04:19 AM) *
Better than shoring up CB with Maxwell?

Maxwell still has to prove it.

Early returns are promising, but Myk is a known commodity. Great signing.

Talent + character + buying into culture = Here's a big bag-o-$$$$!!!!
JeeQ
I think we're all still riding the high of a Head Coach that values Linebackers... On paper they might be one of the best groups in the NFL... Can't wait to see what they can do
mcnabbulous
Chip's best move was trading Foles for Bradford. His second best move was trading Shady for Kiko.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.