Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, I'll go first after game #2
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
QB - 3 - Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley
RB - 4 - Murray, Mathews, Sproles, Barner
WR - 5 - Matthews, Algholar, Cooper, Austin, Huff
TE - 3- Celek, Ertz, Burton
OL - 9- Peters, Barbre, Kelce, Garnder, Johnson, Kelly, Tobin, Moffit, Molk
Off total = 24

DE - 5 - Cox, Thorton, Curry, Bair, Hart
DT - 2 - Logan, Allen
ILB - 5- Ryans, Kendricks, Alonzo, Hicks, Acho
OLB -5 - Barwin, Graham, Braman, Jones, Smith
CB - 4- Maxwell, Carroll, Biggars, Rowe
S - 5 - Jenkins, Thurmond, Maragos, Prosinski, Watkins
ST - 3 - Jones, Parkey, Dorenbos

Last 5 to make it:
1. Acho
2. Smith
3. Watkins
4. Prosinski
5. Kelly

Last 5 cuts:
1. Bailey
2. Boyko
3. Goode
4. Racitti
5. Rice

Few things of note. I have four guys who are making it b/c of ST's other than the usual - Maragos, Prosinski, Braman, Barner. I'm not sure we need that many. Barner can contribute at RB, he has the skill, not sure if any others do for non ST's

A few guys I have making it even though I've seen nothing from them (excl our LB's)

Austin
Hart
Huff
Cooper
M. Smith (he played once, 1 tackle in 50+ plays vs 2's and 3's, didn't get good reviews)

Goode hasn't played well.
Reynolds not enough
Ajirotutu - can't keep another ST
Vanderwelde - just a guy.

Wouldn't surprise me if we picked up two OL and one OLB after cuts.
D Rock
I find a way to keep Reynolds.
Joegrane
I mostly agree except for Vandervelde vs Molk, not convinced about Acho, want to see more of Couplin at S.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 23 2015, 02:20 PM) *
OL - 9- Peters, Barbre, Kelce, Garnder, Johnson, Kelly, Tobin, Moffit, Molk

ILB - 5- Ryans, Kendricks, Alonzo, Hicks, Acho
OLB -5 - Barwin, Graham, Braman, Jones, Smith
CB - 4- Maxwell, Carroll, Biggars, Rowe
S - 5 - Jenkins, Thurmond, Maragos, Prosinski, Watkins
ST - 3 - Jones, Parkey, Dorenbos

Last 5 to make it:
1. Acho
2. Smith
3. Watkins
4. Prosinski
5. Kelly

Zero
I think maybe Rice over Watkins and even Ajirotutu over Cooper. If Austin makes it Cooper is redundant and doesn't play ST plus he's still a race target, fair or not. Take the cap hit now rather than '16.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 24 2015, 05:21 AM) *
I think maybe Rice over Watkins and even Ajirotutu over Cooper. If Austin makes it Cooper is redundant and doesn't play ST plus he's still a race target, fair or not. Take the cap hit now rather than '16.

I thought Cooper played ST's, no? I know Austin doesn't.
Zero
I thought he didn't. This says he had 1 ST snap in 2014.
Riley Cooper was on the field for 1 of his team's snaps on special teams in 2014.
xsv
Reynolds, Baily, Rice and Mostert (who I don't see in your list) are the only players that didn't make it on your list that I care about, and all of them are PS eligible, so I'd be ok with that. But I think Rice makes it because he supposedly is killing it as the "gunner" on st.

Zero
I really like Mostert but worry that he wouldn't make it to the PS without being picked up. Dude has giddy up and is showing some power and hands too.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 24 2015, 06:21 AM) *

The cap hit would be 7.2 this year as opposed to 2.4 next year.......it would be insane considering no one on their roster on the bubble is a notable upgrade if an upgrade at all....and no one blocks as well as he does for the run game......folks forget he missed camp last year and never got back in sync with Foles and/or Sanchez last year.

As far as the silliness of the long dead race issue....the only folks who care at this point are those who want to make it an issue.......anyone who thinks kelly and staff really give a shit are sadly mistaken....they may pay some lip service when asked a question but that is where it stops...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 24 2015, 06:26 AM) *
I thought he didn't. This says he had 1 ST snap in 2014.

Ok, right you are Mr Kottair. No ST for Riley.
nephillymike
another dupe!! Gotta fix this mouse!

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 24 2015, 10:53 AM) *
The cap hit would be 7.2 this year as opposed to 2.4 next year.......it would be insane considering no one on their roster on the bubble is a notable upgrade if an upgrade at all....and no one blocks as well as he does for the run game......folks forget he missed camp last year and never got back in sync with Foles and/or Sanchez last year.

As far as the silliness of the long dead race issue....the only folks who care at this point are those who want to make it an issue.......anyone who thinks kelly and staff really give a shit are sadly mistaken....they may pay some lip service when asked a question but that is where it stops...

I don't think it's insane from a cap standpoint.

Whatever SB we have to eat, we will eat, just a matter of bookkeeping as to when. As a post June 1st cut, I believe we get to defer a portion to next year as opposed to taking the entire hit this year. Whatever it is, the SB hit will be the same by then end of next year. To some teams this is an issue, but the fact is that we don't spend near the cap so what's the difference between having 16M left for this year or 11M left if we weren't going to use it anyway? Remembering all along that by the end of next year if all comes out anyway.

By cutting him now, if we are so inclined, you save his salary off the cap and in real money this year. His salary will be a decent amount higher that whoever replaces him so in both cap dollars and real dollars it is cheaper over the two year period to cut him now.

That being said, I do agree with your point about nobody being a noticeable upgrade. However, I'm not sure if you put Cooper, Austin and Bailey out there play after play that Cooper wins as the best of that trio.

I'm OK with keeping him, but would you agree he would have to be a top 3 WR on this team to do so at his current price?
Zero
I'm cap stupid ... if they trade him is there a difference?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 24 2015, 07:20 PM) *
I'm cap stupid ... if they trade him is there a difference?

If we trade him, his unamortized signing bonus hits our cap immediately.

If we cut him and designate him as a post June 1st cut, half the unamortized signing bonus hits this year, half hits next year.

Over two years, no difference. For this year only, cutting him saves 1/2 the cap hit and we take the other half next year.
nephillymike
http://overthecap.com/june-1-date-means-nfl/

One clarification.

If a post June 1st cut, only the current year's SB counts on this year and the remaining unamortized SB hits the next year. It is only 50% in each year, if there are two years remaining on the deal. If there are three years left, 1/3 hits this year, and 2/3 hits the next.
nephillymike
Heard something tonight on Comcast that made me think more that keeping 5 Wr and 4 RB's is the way to go.

D. Sproles will be used as a WR much more than a RB. He is better than your #6 WR on this team.

Also, with the injury histories of Murray, Mathews and Sproles, we need to suit up 3 RB's on Sundays and Barner can play RB really well if any of those go down.

Lastly, Barner won't stick to our PS.

And so it is; 5 WR, 4 RB.
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2015, 10:12 PM) *
Heard something tonight on Comcast that made me think more that keeping 5 Wr and 4 RB's is the way to go.

D. Sproles will be used as a WR much more than a RB. He is better than your #6 WR on this team.

Also, with the injury histories of Murray, Mathews and Sproles, we need to suit up 3 RB's on Sundays and Barner can play RB really well if any of those go down.

Lastly, Barner won't stick to our PS.

And so it is; 5 WR, 4 RB.

Revision.

Proszkinski doesn't play ST's per the article linked above. Out with him and in with Ajiritutu (sp?). So that gives me 6 Wr's and 8 DB's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.