Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you think of Bradford?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The dude took a vicious hit to his solar plexus and looked like he was really hurting after. The good news was that he got up, looked shaken but continued the drive with a couple of nice passes and led the team into the end zone. He wasn't shy after Suggs' low hit to his knees. He started the game off without the accuracy I expected, but I'm sure he was kinda pumped and he cleaned it up as the game went on.

Some people say he should have stayed in for another series or even the rest of the quarter. Whatever. He moved the offense and took the hits. The more he practices and gets to know the receivers he should be more relaxed and the more game pressure he gets he should get more comfortable moving around in the pocket. I liked what I saw.

This was a small sample. I wonder how much we'll see him against the Pack? A half?

As a side thought, maybe that call on Suggs issued a warning that they refs will treat him like one of the elite QBs.
xsv
Looks really fragile.

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 23 2015, 07:04 AM) *
The dude took a vicious hit to his solar plexus and looked like he was really hurting after. The good news was that he got up, looked shaken but continued the drive with a couple of nice passes and led the team into the end zone. He wasn't shy after Suggs' low hit to his knees. He started the game off without the accuracy I expected, but I'm sure he was kinda pumped and he cleaned it up as the game went on.

Some people say he should have stayed in for another series or even the rest of the quarter. Whatever. He moved the offense and took the hits. The more he practices and gets to know the receivers he should be more relaxed and the more game pressure he gets he should get more comfortable moving around in the pocket. I liked what I saw.

This was a small sample. I wonder how much we'll see him against the Pack? A half?

As a side thought, maybe that call on Suggs issued a warning that they refs will treat him like one of the elite QBs.

Ced83
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 23 2015, 06:04 AM) *

He had a nice opening drive that pass to Huff wasn't a good one and he must haven't seen film on Riley because that pass he threw him only a speed guy would have caught that. I just hope the o line can keep him protected cuz he took some hits early and often.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 23 2015, 07:04 AM) *

Good observations.

He was amped up no doubt but the Suggs hit got him fired up and once he got up from it he was a different QB.

The hit to the sternum was nothing he hadn't taken 1000 times in St. Louis. All the "fragile" talk is bs, even his haters in STL would tell you this dude got mauled there and never asked out of a game. His toughness has never been an issue and if the ACL isn't one either he is going to blow it up this year.

I've said it before but if he's healthy the Eagles are a legit SB team.

Sanchez had a nice bounce back game and I think he'd do ok in small doses if need be (hopefully it won't be) but he is so limited in the areas of the field his arm allows him to get to, and some of his decisions are scary.

The one line by the PBP guy tonight that every Eagle fan will soon understand, and his comments where cut short by the next play, he said; "I was at the joint practice all week and watched all the QB's (implying Eagles AND Ravens) and, I don't know, Bradford's passes are...just different.." This is something that is very noticeable, along with his "fastball" that was also mentioned last night.

The arm talent, decision making and accuracy are what has made this guy so highly touted.

Gonna be a fun ride folks.

nephillymike
a missed TD throw to Cooper a low one to Huff and three on the mark throws.

Too small of a sample for the game.

They say he's tearing it up in practice. The DB from BAL who played with him in STL said he was an awesome practice QB there also.

Hoping it translates to the games. So far, it looks like it will.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 23 2015, 11:09 AM) *
a missed TD throw to Cooper a low one to Huff and three on the mark throws.

Too small of a sample for the game.

They say he's tearing it up in practice. The DB from BAL who played with him in STL said he was an awesome practice QB there also.

Hoping it translates to the games. So far, it looks like it will.

Correct on the Cooper throw but it was called back for holding anyhow.

The "low" throw to Huff is way over blown, the dude juggled it for no reason and did keep running, people make it out like he dove in to the ground to make a diving catch.

And how about the one right threw Sproles hands?

All in all for first time in live bullets in a year he did "ok" and will only get better.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 23 2015, 10:50 AM) *
Correct on the Cooper throw but it was called back for holding anyhow.

The "low" throw to Huff is way over blown, the dude juggled it for no reason and did keep running, people make it out like he dove in to the ground to make a diving catch.

And how about the one right threw Sproles hands?

All in all for first time in live bullets in a year he did "ok" and will only get better.

Sproles has been dropping too many. I didn't realize that was a Sam throw. He did it last week and a few times last year too.

He's got to clean that up.

I agree with your OK rating.

Seems comfortable as the head guy. I would like to see his legs get bulked up a bit. Seems very thin at the bottom but I'm sure he was limited with the injuries.
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 23 2015, 12:29 PM) *
Looks really fragile.

What?

How?

He took a cheap shot to the knees, and got up. Took a pounding right on the sternum, and got up.

Where did he look fragile?
xsv
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 23 2015, 01:37 PM) *
What?

How?

He took a cheap shot to the knees, and got up. Took a pounding right on the sternum, and got up.

Where did he look fragile?

The look of sheer agony on his face from what looked like a pretty routine hit.

He got up, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 25 2015, 01:31 PM) *
The look of sheer agony on his face from what looked like a pretty routine hit.

He got up, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

I have to disagree on a your characterization of a routine hit.....that is a hit that linemen dream about...full on frontal collision with speed straight to the ground and land on top......add to it that it was Brandon Williams who weighs in at 335 and the fact that it was after Bradford had just released the ball and it was nothing routine.....it was a bell ringer.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 01:53 PM) *
I have to disagree on a your characterization of a routine hit.....that is a hit that linemen dream about...full on frontal collision with speed straight to the ground and land on top......add to it that it was Brandon Williams who weighs in at 335 and the fact that it was after Bradford had just released the ball and it was nothing routine.....it was a bell ringer.

I doubt X would have even gotten up after that hit. The look on his face seemed like he had the wind knocked out of him, I guess X just expected him to look fine. C'mon man, that was a nasty hit and he played on, that says tough sonofabitch to me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 25 2015, 02:08 PM) *
I doubt X would have even gotten up after that hit. The look on his face seemed like he had the wind knocked out of him, I guess X just expected him to look fine. C'mon man, that was a nasty hit and he played on, that says tough sonofabitch to me.

That was the hit that scared me and it wasn't because of his knees....I was worried about his shoulder and ribs.....brutal, brutal hit.....and an example of rust.....most times guys see that coming and pull it in and duck
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 02:20 PM) *
That was the hit that scared me and it wasn't because of his knees....I was worried about his shoulder and ribs.....brutal, brutal hit.....and an example of rust.....most times guys see that coming and pull it in and duck

I'm pretty sure you can find a hit on the QB like that in just about every game. It's football, not tiddlywinks, lol.
xsv
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 25 2015, 02:08 PM) *

Fuck no I wouldn't have gotten up from a hit like that.

But yeah, I would expect my QB to be ok after that.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 25 2015, 02:41 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you can find a hit on the QB like that in just about every game. It's football, not tiddlywinks, lol.

Not to mention, he was in for what? 8 plays? And he almost got hurt twice.

Maybe it's just me worrying too much, but he just feel fragile.

Hopefully, that feeling will go away as he plays more and takes more of thouse vicious hits. He's going to get hit like that every game at least once. I hope he can withstand it.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 25 2015, 02:41 PM) *

absolutely not....look at last night's game....which nearly broke Winston's ankle....he saw it coming and threw it away as he tried to duck....and had to limp off the field and his night was over.....

hits like that occur.....and often result in broken collarbones or ribs.....and full on collisions like that are usually a LB or DB on a blitz.....rarely does a tackle or NG get a full head of steam to plant the QB...

D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 25 2015, 07:41 PM) *

I disagree. That was a MONSTER hit. As was said already, the kind of hit that causes a D Lineman to wake with morning wood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.