Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think of the Eagles 'new' defense?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Like the Eagles, the Ravens are a run first-offense with a good OL. That's how they started the game and they did a nice job. Thornton did miss a tackle that broke a long run, but shouldn't a good team get credit too? Forsett's kind of like Sproles, a strong, shifty and diminutive runner. Flacco is a good QB and he's got a good offense around him. These guys are not bottom dwellers and they had two days to get a feel for the defense they played last night.

The good news is that the Eagles tightened up the run D and forced them to the air. This is exactly where they got into trouble last year. Only this time the CB who couldn't make to the field last year did a great job tipping a long pass to the end zone, and tipped it right to his safety who was where he was supposed to be ... INT! And that wasn't the end of that story either. I'll go out on a limb and boldly say that the Eagles' pass D has improved.

Yep, it's preseason and we shouldn't overreact one way or the other to what we're seeing. Maybe these guys won't be the Legion of Boom but I'm not sure they need to be with an offense that is capable of scoring points like this one is. So far, I'm pretty happy with what we're seeing from these guys and we still haven't seen our starting MLBs in the game.
nephillymike
Much better.

If our pass defense goes from putrid to just below average and our QB play goes from below average to good, with this schedule, we could have an 11-12 win team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.