Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'll ask a taboo trade question
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
With Barner doing great and not enough carries to go around, would you trade Darren Sproles for a lower middle starting OLB?

He would be our third OLB, playin gabout 35% of the plays like Graham did last year and giving us much needed depth.

Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2015, 09:55 PM) *
With Barner doing great and not enough carries to go around, would you trade Darren Sproles for a lower middle starting OLB?

He would be our third OLB, playin gabout 35% of the plays like Graham did last year and giving us much needed depth.

You guys would be nuts to trade Sproles.

1. Murray has had exactly one healthy season....ever.
2. It's pretty obvious that Bradford likes throwing to his running backs and Sproles excels at that.
3. He's simply too versatile, and I don't think you guys could get what he's really worth in a trade.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2015, 10:55 PM) *

You think too much, Sproles is a proven threat...Barner is nice, but no where near Sproles.
Chips gonna run his version of the 3-headed monster at RB this year, and from what you saw tonight you know you will love it.

Joegrane
I bet Drew Brees would love to have his buddy back.

I can't imagine Sproles going anywhere except in the Eagles end zone.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2015, 10:55 PM) *
With Barner doing great and not enough carries to go around, would you trade Darren Sproles .....

Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 22 2015, 11:06 PM) *
You guys would be nuts to trade Sproles.

1. Murray has had exactly one healthy season....ever.
2. It's pretty obvious that Bradford likes throwing to his running backs and Sproles excels at that.
3. He's simply too versatile, and I don't think you guys could get what he's really worth in a trade.

Well said.
JeeQ
Take away Sproles plays from last season and we have a losing record... he's not allowed to go anywhere
Eyrie
No, no and thrice no.

Barner is a nice story, who can make the team if he's good on STs coverage units, but Sproles is the proven performer.
nephillymike
Geez,

Tell me how you really feel.............................
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 23 2015, 10:40 AM) *
Geez,

Tell me how you really feel.............................

You are now officially a minority. laugh.gif
nephillymike
For the record, I didn't say I WOULD do it, but I was thinking about it.

If you believe we need to trade for good OLB depth, then we need to give up something for it.

what else do we have as trade currency?

Next year's 5th we got for Boykin?

Don't know if Barkley gets us that and after seeing Tebow, not sure if I want to do that.

What do you do for the OLB depth?

BTW, we also need two improvements to OL depth. Two weeks in a row, plus during the practice sesssions vs Ravens, our backup OL has struggled
D Rock
Considering the position, and the injury history of our top 2 backs, I have no problem keeping Barner as a 4th RB.

I'm not yet concerned about OLB as M.Smith will be back week 1 and Braman looks like legit depth.
Eyrie
It's encouraging to hear that Braman looks like he can provide depth at OLB. He's a lock to make the team for STs anyway, so having him contribute on defence eases our worries there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.