Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles and Tebow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
I've been watching this one from the sidelines, and I've finally come to a conclusion about this whole Tebow deal. I think the Eagles are pretty much the best place for him to have landed. Why?

1. There really isn't any chance of a QB controversy. Not only is Bradford set as your number one, but Sanchez has number 2 locked up fairly solid. So even in the case of injury, Tebow would not be cause for controversy.
2. Kelly might actually be able to make good use of him. (Assuming he can beat out Barkley)
3. I just don't think he'll be the distraction in Philly that he would be in some towns.
4. If Kelly does use him, he is actually very familiar with coaching the read option and would be able to use it to best effect.

I'm just curious to see how this competition pans out between Barkley and Tebow, and if a tie will go to Tebow like I suspect. Not to mention, you guys should try trading Barkley to Washington for something. (and since this is Dan Snyder, try holding out for a first) God knows they need some kind of hope at that position.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 21 2015, 06:24 PM) *
I've been watching this one from the sidelines, and I've finally come to a conclusion about this whole Tebow deal. I think the Eagles are pretty much the best place for him to have landed. Why?

1. There really isn't any chance of a QB controversy. Not only is Bradford set as your number one, but Sanchez has number 2 locked up fairly solid. So even in the case of injury, Tebow would not be cause for controversy.
2. Kelly might actually be able to make good use of him. (Assuming he can beat out Barkley)
3. I just don't think he'll be the distraction in Philly that he would be in some towns.
4. If Kelly does use him, he is actually very familiar with coaching the read option and would be able to use it to best effect.

I'm just curious to see how this competition pans out between Barkley and Tebow, and if a tie will go to Tebow like I suspect. Not to mention, you guys should try trading Barkley to Washington for something. (and since this is Dan Snyder, try holding out for a first) God knows they need some kind of hope at that position.

If repetitive accuracy and quick decisions are really the top two things Chip looks for in a QB, then Tebow will not win the job from Barkley and should not.

If he does not value those things in his 3rd QB, then Chip is full of shit and Tebow has a legit shot. It won't be the first time he's FOS and it won't be the last.

The X factor is if the Eagles can get good value for Barkley in a trade, it is a moot point. Although, that being the case, I would want Kinne to compete with Tebow for #3 spot.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2015, 07:32 PM) *
If repetitive accuracy and quick decisions are really the top two things Chip looks for in a QB, then Tebow will not win the job from Barkley and should not.

If he does not value those things in his 3rd QB, then Chip is full of shit and Tebow has a legit shot. It won't be the first time he's FOS and it won't be the last.

The X factor is if the Eagles can get good value for Barkley in a trade, it is a moot point. Although, that being the case, I would want Kinne to compete with Tebow for #3 spot.

"Full of shit?" Really? This is a third string QB we're talking about. I think you've said it, and if not others have ... if Grand Sam is hurt and Sanchez is hurt the team isn't going anywhere with either Barkley or Tebow. That's not why Kelly has him here. Tebow is a strategic toy. I'm not suggesting that it will work but if he makes the team over Barkley it's because Kelly thinks he can do something to help the team win a game or two.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Neither Barkley nor Tebow possess these attributes.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 21 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Neither Barkley nor Tebow possess these attributes.

Barkley has been showing them this year so far.

It's early, we'll see but so far he's been the 2nd best QB in camp.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 21 2015, 06:53 PM) *
"Full of shit?" Really? This is a third string QB we're talking about. I think you've said it, and if not others have ... if Grand Sam is hurt and Sanchez is hurt the team isn't going anywhere with either Barkley or Tebow. That's not why Kelly has him here. Tebow is a strategic toy. I'm not suggesting that it will work but if he makes the team over Barkley it's because Kelly thinks he can do something to help the team win a game or two.

If Barkley is our QB in this system and needs to step in and play, I expect us to win 50% of our games.

Not great, but a heck of a lot better than other teams would do with QB#3.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 21 2015, 06:53 PM) *

If Barkley is our QB in this system and needs to step in and play, I expect us to win 50% of our games.

Not great, but a heck of a lot better than other teams would do with QB#3.
Joegrane
I'm just curious to see how this competition pans out between Barkley and Tebow, and if a tie will go to Tebow like I suspect.

Easily, I don't think Tebow even has to earn a tie in passing ability. I don't think he will either.

Not to mention, you guys should try trading Barkley to Washington for something.

I think this is the plan. Showcase Barkley in hopes of getting something for him. If he shows he can compete for a #2 QB spot, he'll have value.

Tebow is a strategic toy.

Yes, I don't think Tebow will be active in the first half of the season; however, I would not be surprised if he is active in some games and has a few short-yardage situation plays designed for him.

Whenever he is active, the opposing D has to prepare for him.

If Bradford goes down, I bet we'll have a remake of the Kolb & Vick show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.