Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop with all the positive!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Sure, Ertz pulled a groin and Marcus Smith injured his leg. We've got health questions about Alonzo, Ryans, Murray and even Kendricks. We're still worried about Bradford's knee. But except for the occasional sweaty palmed Axis guy from the Northeast, the bridges in Philadelphia are empty of fans.

This time last year we were impressed with the work ethic of Jordan Matthews. He looked like he'd be a very solid contributor for the Eagles. A good choice in the second round but, please, stop the comparisons to his famous uncle. This year all we hear about is that people can't cover him and he's catching everything near him. Instead of talking about Huff not stepping up, we're talking about him as a key for ST. Even though the accolades surrounding Agholor have taken a back seat to Matthews play, think about the rookies work ethic and the second year player he has mentoring him. Anyone thinking Thrash/Pinkston now?

Even though there should still be concern for Bradford's knee health, when reporters tell us he didn't have a good day because he had a few incompletions and refer to him as a 'game manager', we're not exactly running for the Ben. Mr. Cherokee is seeing defenses and picking them apart with a quick release and accurate, leading throws. He won't be running for 1,000 yards. Where's all the angst over our starting guards?

And where are the Sconces of Philadelphia when you need 'em? They must have flew to the northwest or northeast someplace because all these friggin, nega-penned reporters can tell us is how Maxwell is what we want him to be and Logan is destroying everyone. What happened to Fletch? The Philly fan is working at OLB and doing OK, Thurmond is doing a good job making the transition to S, Carroll is covering well and the Ravens can't move the ball against us. I know it's just practice.

Thank God Parkey missed a couple of gimmes, I was beginning to think this ain't Philly anymore.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 21 2015, 11:31 AM) *
Sure, Ertz pulled a groin and Marcus Smith injured his leg. We've got health questions about Alonzo, Ryans, Murray and even Kendricks. We're still worried about Bradford's knee. But except for the occasional sweaty palmed Axis guy from the Northeast, the bridges in Philadelphia are empty of fans.

This time last year we were impressed with the work ethic of Jordan Matthews. He looked like he'd be a very solid contributor for the Eagles. A good choice in the second round but, please, stop the comparisons to his famous uncle. This year all we hear about is that people can't cover him and he's catching everything near him. Instead of talking about Huff not stepping up, we're talking about him as a key for ST. Even though the accolades surrounding Agholor have taken a back seat to Matthews play, think about the rookies work ethic and the second year player he has mentoring him. Anyone thinking Thrash/Pinkston now?

Even though there should still be concern for Bradford's knee health, when reporters tell us he didn't have a good day because he had a few incompletions and refer to him as a 'game manager', we're not exactly running for the Ben. Mr. Cherokee is seeing defenses and picking them apart with a quick release and accurate, leading throws. He won't be running for 1,000 yards. Where's all the angst over our starting guards?

And where are the Sconces of Philadelphia when you need 'em? They must have flew to the northwest or northeast someplace because all these friggin, nega-penned reporters can tell us is how Maxwell is what we want him to be and Logan is destroying everyone. What happened to Fletch? The Philly fan is working at OLB and doing OK, Thurmond is doing a good job making the transition to S, Carroll is covering well and the Ravens can't move the ball against us. I know it's just practice.

Thank God Parkey missed a couple of gimmes, I was beginning to think this ain't Philly anymore.
I hear you - I keep checking to see if I'm standing on a rug.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 21 2015, 11:31 AM) *
Sure, Ertz pulled a groin and Marcus Smith injured his leg. We've got health questions about Alonzo, Ryans, Murray and even Kendricks. We're still worried about Bradford's knee.

our starting guards

I know it's just practice.

I'm clinging to the above, because I'm an Eagles fan used to things going wrong for us and when they don't I check for signs of the imminent Apocalyse.

nephillymike
Stop tempting the football gods!!

And I know you know what I'm talking about.

Man it's a beautiful day out here ponders Wil E Coyote...................................cue the Acme anvil falling from the sky.

C'mon Z!

You've been around long enough.

You should know better!

Don't do it.
Dreagon
Well, you guys have good reason to be positive. Consider the poor wretches in the rest of your division.

Here in Dallas we're playing a running back this preseason that we picked up from local small college. He probably won't even make the team but we're using him because our entire "committee" of running backs are injured...along with 4 out of 5 of our offensive linemen who are pretty solidly dinged. Two of our defensive starters won't even play until the fifth game of the season due to suspensions.

The Giants are waiting to see what versioin of Eli they are going to get this year, although whichever version it is still wants to be the highest paid QB in the league. Then their best defensive player goes and blows his freaking finger off playing with fireworks....and he still won't let Giants doctors look at him. Fun times.

And spare a thought for Washington. Gruden declared there will absolutely be no competition for QB and RGIII is their starter. After two preseason games his "second" and "third" string QBs have played absolute circles around RGIII, who has looked utterly dreadful. One has to wonder if this commitment to Griffin is a football decision, or an owner still trying to salvage the most ridiculous price ever payed for moving up in the draft. I sort of pity Gruden.

So all things considered, you guys have had both an interesting and positive offseason.
Joegrane
Thanks for the post. I think the G men could make some noise in the division, especially if the Cowboys are really banged up. The Giants are going to move the ball. Manning will be able to get the ball out quickly to those WRs.

The Cowboys' chances go with the health of their talented O Line.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 21 2015, 07:59 PM) *
Well, you guys have good reason to be positive. Consider the poor wretches in the rest of your division.

Here in Dallas ...[ injuries & suspensions ]

The Giants are waiting to see what versioin of Eli they are going to get this year, although whichever version it is still wants to be the highest paid QB in the league. Then their best defensive player goes and blows his freaking finger off playing with fireworks....and he still won't let Giants doctors look at him. Fun times.

So all things considered, you guys have had both an interesting and positive offseason.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 21 2015, 04:59 PM) *

Here in Dallas we're playing a running back this preseason that we picked up from local small college. He probably won't even make the team but we're using him because our entire "committee" of running backs are injured...along with 4 out of 5 of our offensive linemen who are pretty solidly dinged. Two of our defensive starters won't even play until the fifth game of the season due to suspensions.

And spare a thought for Washington. Gruden declared there will absolutely be no competition for QB and RGIII is their starter. After two preseason games his "second" and "third" string QBs have played absolute circles around RGIII, who has looked utterly dreadful. One has to wonder if this commitment to Griffin is a football decision, or an owner still trying to salvage the most ridiculous price ever payed for moving up in the draft. I sort of pity Gruden.

The fact that Dallas has Greg Hardy on their team and continue to suffer through RB problems while Ray Rice is begging for a job is mind boggling to me... His wife is about to start campaigning for him to get a job at this point
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 22 2015, 12:07 AM) *
The fact that Dallas has Greg Hardy on their team and continue to suffer through RB problems while Ray Rice is begging for a job is mind boggling to me... His wife is about to start campaigning for him to get a job at this point

The word on Ray was that he was done before he got the boot...He says he had a bad hip injury his last year but the word was that he was over.....

That is the biggest reason he is not working right now.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 21 2015, 07:41 PM) *
Stop tempting the football gods!!

And I know you know what I'm talking about.

Man it's a beautiful day out here ponders Wil E Coyote...................................cue the Acme anvil falling from the sky.

C'mon Z!

You've been around long enough.

You should know better!

Don't do it.
I think you misread my post. I'm asking for the positives to stop.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 22 2015, 03:17 PM) *

OK, sorry about that.

All is forgiven!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 22 2015, 03:17 PM) *

OK, sorry about that.

All is forgiven!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2015, 04:25 PM) *
OK, sorry about that.

All is forgiven!!

Mikey......no fantasy league for you?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 22 2015, 03:29 PM) *
Mikey......no fantasy league for you?

Prolly not.

I'm in 2 now and trying to coordinate the draft of one of them among ten people's schedules and not sure when the draft of those leagues are yet.
Zero
Now there's more for our indigestion:
Murray, making his debut, and Mathews, once again, looked like a perfect fit for Kelly's offense. The offensive line blocked well but you can see such a massive difference in what these guys bring to the running game with the north-south action that LeSean McCoy and the Eagles lacked at times last year.

It's not a goal to blame Shady, because the offensive line was banged up in 2014 too. But Murray and Mathews could really take this thing to the next level. Add in Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor, both of whom excel at route running, and it's very possible the Eagles explode to new heights in 2015.
My biggest concern is the depth of the OL. It appears the starters are doing their jobs: note the two TD runs by Murray and Mathews. The worry is if the "I" bug hits that unit.

I'm really pumped to see how the D plays with Kendricks and Alonzo added to the mix, especially against Rodgers and Lacy. This front 7 looks really good right now and the DBs are showing signs of at least being better than last year.
Eyrie
You can add Kendricks getting an extension to the list of positives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.