Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damning with faint praise
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
This from Eagles 24/7.

This was meant as a nice compliment for Bradford, but is anyone else worried about this comment?

3. Sam Bradford will not win you any fantasy titles, but he may just dethrone Alex Smith as football’s best game manager. He’s been uber-accurate in camp and has built a nice rapport with first-round rookie wideout Nelson Agholor in camp. Kelly’s offensive identity is more about maintaining tempo and ball security and less about the quarterback taking matters into his own hands, and Bradford seems to be the right man for that job.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/08/...6dJC7lYp4ide.99

Alex Smith?

Yikes
Reality Fan
what do you expect from a guy who used to be the beat writer for the Redskins?
nd9kel
the tweets from today's scrimmage sounded like Bradford threw a lot of downfield passes...even deep balls.
Zero
Considering Bradford is still dropping chunks of rust from his body I'm pretty happy with most compliments. Anyway, isn't that what Kelly's system calls for?
JeeQ
Take us to the promised land Sam..

Also I'll take greatest game manager as a fucking compliment... Russell Wilson just made over 100 million by being a damn good game manager

We don't need an elite QB for the Chip Kelly system to work... just a QB that doesn't make stupid decisions... which is why I pray to God none of our backups touch the field this season
Eyrie
Kelly made it clear from the start that he wants a good decision maker with a quick, accurate arm under centre. So I have no concerns if Bradford is doing just that, and couldn't care less what label gets applied as long as he does the job well.

My concerns at QB are waiting to see if Bradford can stay healthy and if Sanchez can find some form in case he doesn't.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 21 2015, 11:29 AM) *
Take us to the promised land Sam..

Also I'll take greatest game manager as a fucking compliment... Russell Wilson just made over 100 million by being a damn good game manager

We don't need an elite QB for the Chip Kelly system to work... just a QB that doesn't make stupid decisions... which is why I pray to God none of our backups touch the field this season

Good point!
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 21 2015, 01:28 PM) *
Kelly made it clear from the start that he wants a good decision maker with a quick, accurate arm under centre. So I have no concerns if Bradford is doing just that, and couldn't care less what label gets applied as long as he does the job well.

My concerns at QB are waiting to see if Bradford can stay healthy and if Sanchez can find some form in case he doesn't.

X,

Please add "centre" to the auto spell correct!!

I agree on Sanchez. I want to see him play a decent amount tomorrow if not for him, than for my sanity!
Joegrane
Alex Smith made the Pro Bowl in 2013. If Bradford comes close to to making the Pro Bowl, I don't care if they call him a "game manager" or anything else. It means he is healthy, very productive and the Eagles are very likely playoff bound.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 20 2015, 09:21 PM) *
This from Eagles 24/7.

This was meant as a nice compliment for Bradford, but is anyone else worried about this comment?

3. Sam Bradford will not win you any fantasy titles, but he may just dethrone Alex Smith as football’s best game manager. He’s been uber-accurate in camp...[/url]

Alex Smith?

Yikes

Aquila
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 22 2015, 12:21 AM) *
X,

Please add "centre" to the auto spell correct!!

I agree on Sanchez. I want to see him play a decent amount tomorrow if not for him, than for my sanity!

Auto spell updated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.