Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chase Utley You Were The Man
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I've been a Philly sports fan since 1970 and I put Chase as my 2nd favorite all-time players to come through this town, 2nd only to Dawk.

I love Utley because he plays the game the way it should be played. He played the game the way that I think I would have if ever blessed with the talent and chance. He realized that each at bat in MLB is a blessing and he played as though each at bat was his last. I remember saying to my son who played baseball through his senior year to watch the way Chase plays and copy it and you'll be better prepared than most.

when he was on that stage during the post parade ceremony, he said what I was thinking,

World Fucking Champions!!

I wish him a championship this year in LA with a chance to have a meaningful part in it.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2015, 09:03 PM) *
I've been a Philly sports fan since 1970 and I put Chase as my 2nd favorite all-time players to come through this town, 2nd only to Dawk.

I love Utley because he plays the game the way it should be played. He played the game the way that I think I would have if ever blessed with the talent and chance. He realized that each at bat in MLB is a blessing and he played as though each at bat was his last. I remember saying to my son who played baseball through his senior year to watch the way Chase plays and copy it and you'll be better prepared than most.

when he was on that stage during the post parade ceremony, he said what I was thinking,

I wish him a championship this year in LA with a chance to have a meaningful part in it.

The consummate professional.

He'll reunite with JRoll and win another championship in LA like former Flyers Mike Richards and Jeff Carter did with the Kings after getting the boot by the Flyers.
mcnabbulous
Is still and always will be. My favorite Philly athlete. As a kid, I wanted to grow up and be the second baseman for the Phillies. He did it better than I ever could have dreamed up.
Joegrane
Sorry to see him leave but happy that he has bounced back and is in position to play for a contender.

He is my favorite Phillie from this era but only one of my favorites in Philly sports. Dawk is also my all-time favorite.

I'm probably older than most in our group so I have fond memories of Schmitty and Steve Carlton. Schmitty could hit 290 with big power and then perform as a Gold Glove on D. He got criticism for not hitting many big HRs, but that was because he often chose to swing for average. This is why I've never been fond of Ryan H.

My other Philly favorites include Reggie White, Randall C., Dr. J. I remember Reggie tossing aside a backup OT and proceeding to attack the QB. He was amazing on the field and great member of our community off the field.

It is interesting that Chase resonated so well with Philly. He is loved more than some hall of fame players even though his career is probably not quite at that level.

I wish him well.

I love Utley because he plays the game the way it should be played. He played the game the way that I think I would have if ever blessed with the talent and chance. He realized that each at bat in MLB is a blessing and he played as though each at bat was his last. I remember saying to my son who played baseball through his senior year to watch the way Chase plays and copy it and you'll be better prepared than most....

D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 20 2015, 01:03 AM) *

Very well said. I completely agree.

He'll be well loved out here by our Doyers. He and JRoll are reunited.
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 20 2015, 03:46 AM) *
Sorry to see him leave but happy that he has bounced back and is in position to play for a contender.

He is my favorite Phillie from this era but only one of my favorites in Philly sports. Dawk is also my all-time favorite.

I'm probably older than most in our group so I have fond memories of Schmitty and Steve Carlton. Schmitty could hit 290 with big power and then perform as a Gold Glove on D. He got criticism for not hitting many big HRs, but that was because he often chose to swing for average. This is why I've never been fond of Ryan H.

My other Philly favorites include Reggie White, Randall C., Dr. J. I remember Reggie tossing aside a backup OT and proceeding to attack the QB. He was amazing on the field and great member of our community off the field.

It is interesting that Chase resonated so well with Philly. He is loved more than some hall of fame players even though his career is probably not quite at that level.

I wish him well.

The 1980 team was my all time favorite. I was 10 and Pete Rose hung the moon. Loved Schmitty, as a lefty tried to copy Carlton.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 19 2015, 11:46 PM) *

I wish him well.

Well said, Joe. Good luck, Chase and thanks for the memories.
Zero

Yes!
mcnabbulous
Must watch

https://vimeo.com/136766616
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.