Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It looks like Agholor was a good pick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Not really much we can tell from one, meaningless preseason game except maybe how the player feels about how he played.
The question to Nelson Agholor was this: How did it feel scoring a touchdown the first time you ever touched the football in an NFL game?

"The first time I touched it," Agholor said, "it was actually a drop, an incompletion."

"At the end of the day, that's more on my mind than the [touchdown]," he said.
Linc ...

The TD catch was nice. A badly thrown ball, too high. Agholor could have gotten plastered when he extended for it, but he brought it in and turned up field. He didn't just run with the ball, he ran all out for a TD. Most WRs would preen but this kid celebrated briefly in the endzone and thought about the drops.

It looks to me like Agholor has more talent than Matthews has but the same attitude. Matthews would be a good WR without the never-be-satisfied attitude, but he's very good with it. It should be fun to watch these two play in an offense that has guys open all over the place fairly routinely, have YAC ability and with a QB who can get them the ball.

I wonder how Harold likes having a guy like him wearing #17?
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 17 2015, 06:23 AM) *
Not really much we can tell from one, meaningless preseason game except maybe how the player feels about how he played.Linc ...

The TD catch was nice. A badly thrown ball, too high. Agholor could have gotten plastered when he extended for it, but he brought it in and turned up field. He didn't just run with the ball, he ran all out for a TD. Most WRs would preen but this kid celebrated briefly in the endzone and thought about the drops.

It looks to me like Agholor has more talent than Matthews has but the same attitude. Matthews would be a good WR without the never-be-satisfied attitude, but he's very good with it. It should be fun to watch these two play in an offense that has guys open all over the place fairly routinely, have YAC ability and with a QB who can get them the ball.

I wonder how Harold likes having a guy like him wearing #17?

I like his explosiveness. It really stood out in 3 places... off the snap, out of his break, and as soon as he catches the ball. Not as tall as I thought he would be.
nephillymike
The dude looks awesome!!

I love his attitude.

I wonder if he will be returning kicks?
D Rock
Mayock was saying during broadcast that he's too valuable to use there considering we have so many other viable options.
Zero
There does seem to be lots of returners on the team and there are a few who seem pretty capable.
JeeQ
The best thing Chip did Sunday was put Riley on returns... time to earn that 22 million boy
mcnabbulous
Agholor's touchdown is why I'm more excited about him as a prospect than Matthews. Very few guys have the ability to turn every play into a touchdown. Agholor has that type of ability.

We have a great 1/2 for years to come.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.