Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Touchdown TeBow Returns As Eagles Roll in Preseason Opener..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
american_champion_reborn
Despite playing with backups.. Tim TeBow managed to close the Philadelphia Eagles preseason opener Sunday afternoon.. TeBow ran the offense with toughness and scored a bull run, zone read td.. The crowd was great and really showed a lot of class.. The hidden key in Tim's game.. As its always been.. Zero turnovers.. Conservative decision making.. The guy still has it.. And always will.. The heart of a warrior never stops beating..

The defense looked amazing throughout.. Special Teams was A+ like last season.. Which is a compliment to our genius head coach/GM.. Impact rookies showed promise and potential..

Dirty Sanchez was mediocre at best.. A couple screen throws, and a throw where he left a wr out to dry.. Not impressive.. As I expected.. Barkley?.. Lol.. And turnovers.. Again, as expected.. Can anyone say Brady Quinn?..

Joegrane
C'mon AC, Barkley was the second best QB on the field today-- Luck #1. It really wasn't close.

Barkley clearly had the benefit of a more solid O Line in front of him but he did what you'd want from a backup QB.

In the 4th Qt the right side of the O Line was a sieve. Tebow had very little time. It will be interesting to hear what analysts say about his "reads". They'll see the entire field on tape, we only had a limited view. Chip mentioned that some of Tim's receivers ran incorrect routes.

Tim surely looked good on his first drive in the 3rd Qt. His receivers were open and he had some time to throw. I think he was 4 of 5 for roughly 45 yards and a 9yd run. Unfortunately Parkey missed the 35yrd FG.

Overall he looks improved but so does Barkley.

I'm glad to see Barkley do well. I still think Chip wants to keep Tebow. Maybe Chip can get a pick for Barkley.

Despite playing with backups.. Tim TeBow managed to close the Philadelphia Eagles preseason opener Sunday afternoon.. TeBow ran the offense with toughness and scored a bull run, zone read td.. The crowd was great and really showed a lot of class.. The hidden key in Tim's game.. As its always been.. Zero turnovers.. Conservative decision making.. The guy still has it.. And always will.. The heart of a warrior never stops beating..

american_champion_reborn
Excuse me, but how many times did Matt Barkley find the endzone?.. How many turnovers did Barkley have?.. That's the thing.. TeBow benefits the Eagles defense.. He never has turnovers that put the defense in a bad spot.. He'd rather throw the ball away and live to play another day.. That's the part of TeBow's game that always goes overlooked..

And I could have easily blamed the putrid blocking of the oline.. But Tim TeBow isn't a player who blames his teammates.. He's a leader and winner.. And Chip knows what he has in Tim.. Chip told it like it was at the press conference following the game..

nephillymike
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 17 2015, 07:06 PM) *
Excuse me, but how many times did Matt Barkley find the endzone?.. How many turnovers did Barkley have?.. That's the thing.. TeBow benefits the Eagles defense.. He never has turnovers that put the defense in a bad spot.. He'd rather throw the ball away and live to play another day.. That's the part of TeBow's game that always goes overlooked..

And I could have easily blamed the putrid blocking of the oline.. But Tim TeBow isn't a player who blames his teammates.. He's a leader and winner.. And Chip knows what he has in Tim.. Chip told it like it was at the press conference following the game..

FWIW, coach blamed the TE and OT for messing up the blocking assignment that allowed the DL to tip the pass AND he blamed a young WR for running the wrong route on a Tebow pass tha tcaused him to hold onto the ball.

That being said, Barkley graded out much better than Tebow. Tim held on to the ball and took a lot of sacks. His running TB was nice, but really, I think any of our QB's could have scored there. Tebow was not setting any speed records on that run.

D Rock
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 16 2015, 10:13 PM) *

The defense looked amazing throughout.. Special Teams was A+ like last season.. Which is a compliment to our genius head coach/GM.. Impact rookies showed promise and potential..

Dirty Sanchez was mediocre at best.. A couple screen throws, and a throw where he left a wr out to dry.. Not impressive.. As I expected.. Barkley?.. Lol.. And turnovers.. Again, as expected.. Can anyone say Brady Quinn?..

Tim sucked balls. You and he can both eat a bag of dicks.
Joegrane
I don't think any of our other QBs would have tried that one. That was not from 1 yard out but rather 7 yds. You have to assume you are going to have to take on a DB at the pylon.

However I like the chances of a 235lb QB in good shape, with lots of experience in those situations and gutsy personality to win that battle, assuming the DB isn't a SS like Dawk.

Eventually I assume we will see a run/pass option on a similar looking play. It will be interesting to see how accurate he is with his new mechanics while on the run.
american_champion_reborn
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 17 2015, 08:28 PM) *
Tim sucked balls. You and he can both eat a bag of dicks.

(edited by Osceloa)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.