Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st half observations
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Sanchez - inaccurate and late in recognition.
Algholar - great catch on bad Sanchez throw. Had 2 drops today and more than a few in camp
starting DL - pillars of strength
Acho - played well
Goode - one good play but two missed tackles
Starting DB's - good to see that first option seemed to be covered
Barkley - looked really good and comfortable. Would have been better if not for Ag's drop. Good to see.
Parkey - he is the worriment of my son. He called the missed PAT before it happened. Having a rough camp. A little concern
Dewalt - Ondijo-Jordan - keep an eye on him, 2 plays
Rowe- nice strip by the kid
Barner - take a rest kid, you made the team.
OG play - looked solid in pass protection, decent in run game. Nobody came in free from what I saw.

Overall, when you look at Chip's offense, it amazes me how many guys are always wide open. If Bradford can put it on the $, we should be good to go.

Back after the 2nd half.
D Rock
And a Marcus Smith sighting as well.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 16 2015, 03:34 PM) *

Looked really good. Which probably bums out so many of our fellow "Eagles fans".
D Rock
Ed Reynolds too...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 16 2015, 04:34 PM) *

several.....he had some nice snaps...
Zero
It's the first preseason game. Kelly has been pretty easy on all of them in camp so far. I don't know how much we can take from this game. QB play wasn't stellar, but all of them showed some good ... I thought Barkley showed the most ... at least from an expectation perspective. I also think Tebow showed that our concern has validity.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 09:55 PM) *
several.....he had some nice snaps...

That's a relief to know, because we're relying on him to be the guy giving Barwin and Graham a breather.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 16 2015, 05:04 PM) *
It's the first preseason game. Kelly has been pretty easy on all of them in camp so far. I don't know how much we can take from this game. QB play wasn't stellar, but all of them showed some good ... I thought Barkley showed the most ... at least from an expectation perspective. I also think Tebow showed that our concern has validity.

While I don't disagree about what you take away from this game I am a bit surprised by your comments about Barkley and Tebow.

While I thought they both had some nice throws I think they both showed a lot of flaws...neither outplayed the other which is not great for Barkley considering he had the better of the talent around him for his series. Tebow ran the ball well as is to be expected but he took too long to make a decision to often. Barkley kind of fell apart after that horrible interception.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 04:15 PM) *
While I don't disagree about what you take away from this game I am a bit surprised by your comments about Barkley and Tebow.

While I thought they both had some nice throws I think they both showed a lot of flaws...neither outplayed the other which is not great for Barkley considering he had the better of the talent around him for his series. Tebow ran the ball well as is to be expected but he took too long to make a decision to often. Barkley kind of fell apart after that horrible interception.

Huh?

I thought Barkley was solid and had a very good performance. Tebow had one nice series and a good run late, but other than that was slow in reads and didn't get the ball out on his other series. His OL was bad though, so that didn't help.

Sanchez was not good.

I still keep the depth chart at the QB spot the same, thogh I edge Sanchez down a little Barkley up a little and Tebow at #4.
nephillymike
I agree on Smith, he did show up. I don't think I'd rely on him for the #3 OLB, but he is stil a candidate ot make the team, which prior to this I had him gone.

I think Braman was the guy who played the best at OLB backup.

It's early, we'll see.

I was surprised that I didn't see anyone else from the ILB depth chart go outside.

Brad Jones had one play but otherwise looked ordinary at best.

Dewalt-Ondijo flashed a bit at backup OLB, but wasn't in there much.

Backup RB Mostert played decent.

Disappointed with the missed tackles on that TD run by the trio of Racitti, Hicks and Watkins.

I know one thing. Between Vanderwelde and Josh Andrews at backup OC, neither of them snapped the ball well in shotgun. Felt bad for Tebow having to dig those off his ankles time and time again.

One thing about Barkley. He played well enough to get looks elsewhere as a #2 in this league and may even garner us a 6th round pick. I've seen a lot of shitty QB's in the last few days and Barkley played well.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 05:15 PM) *

Barkley looked much more in control to me. That should be expected seeing as this is his third year in the system. Tebow looked decent in the first series or so then looked like he couldn't make up his mind. He hasn't been around as long as Barkley and may yet pull it together, but to me, at this point there wouldn't be a doubt that I'd go with Barkley over Tebow.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 16 2015, 05:45 PM) *
Backup RB Mostert played decent.

I've read that Mostert has some serious giddy up in his game. I'd like to see him against some better competition than the third stringers.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 16 2015, 05:36 PM) *
Huh?

I thought Barkley was solid and had a very good performance. Tebow had one nice series and a good run late, but other than that was slow in reads and didn't get the ball out on his other series. His OL was bad though, so that didn't help.

Sanchez was not good.

I still keep the depth chart at the QB spot the same, thogh I edge Sanchez down a little Barkley up a little and Tebow at #4.

Huh?....then you stopped watching Barkley after 2 possessions......I guess that interception was a solid performance?....lol...after that he was useless
Speed_Kills
I watched this game today, first half more importantly, and I have to tell you that if this is a prelude of things to come Bradford is going to have a monster year.

Once he gains full confidence in the knee you will see that he is absolute money on those half rolls to either side of the field.

he has to be thinking "I can't wait to get out there and play in this offense."

Good times ahead.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 16 2015, 05:50 PM) *
Barkley looked much more in control to me. That should be expected seeing as this is his third year in the system. Tebow looked decent in the first series or so then looked like he couldn't make up his mind. He hasn't been around as long as Barkley and may yet pull it together, but to me, at this point there wouldn't be a doubt that I'd go with Barkley over Tebow.

after reading some of the comments here I had to rewatch the game....maybe I was missing something....

I was wrong on barkley....he was warm and cold throughout his performance...Most of his passes were short completions. His first throw was great....his 2nd was very underthrown and Austin made a great adjustment to it...never heard of a backshoulder deep post...lol

Threw some high (like Sanchez) but mostly kept it short and safe....deep ball was overthrown to one WR in corner of the endzone but good effort. had one pick and another nearly picked from a high throw and tip.

Over all what you expect from a 3rd string QB...

Tebow was much the same....had some good throws.....got hit 3 times while throwing producing balls thrown in the ground.....threw one high ball on an out that was bad. had 2 drops...(barkley had one as well if I recall).....held the ball and took 2 bad sacks...one was really, really bad. had some good runs

if I had to rate them I would say they were relatively even......I liked barkley's ability to get the ball out quickly....hard to tell if Tebow was affected by instant pressure and bad snaps to the point that it did not allow him to throw downfield......he had a nice rollout to Bailey that he threw high so Bailey could catch it...any lower and it hits the CB in the head.....I wonder if he gets a shot with the 2s at all.....the 4th quarter was brutal to watch again.....his O line was butchered in pass protection....
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 10:15 PM) *

Totally disagree.

Barkley played well. Teblow looked like what he is. He's that guy that does well only when the play breaks down. Fumbles, holding the ball, terrible decisions all over the place.

He's just NOT a quarterback.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 11:09 PM) *
Huh?....then you stopped watching Barkley after 2 possessions......I guess that interception was a solid performance?....lol...after that he was useless

Tiger Please

That INT was not on the QB.

Sometimes the D makes a good play. They get paid too.

Barkley crushed TT today and it wasn't close to close.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 17 2015, 12:26 AM) *
after reading some of the comments here I had to rewatch the game....maybe I was missing something....

I was wrong on barkley....he was warm and cold throughout his performance...Most of his passes were short completions. His first throw was great....his 2nd was very underthrown and Austin made a great adjustment to it...never heard of a backshoulder deep post...lol

Threw some high (like Sanchez) but mostly kept it short and safe....deep ball was overthrown to one WR in corner of the endzone but good effort. had one pick and another nearly picked from a high throw and tip.

Over all what you expect from a 3rd string QB...

Tebow was much the same....had some good throws.....got hit 3 times while throwing producing balls thrown in the ground.....threw one high ball on an out that was bad. had 2 drops...(barkley had one as well if I recall).....held the ball and took 2 bad sacks...one was really, really bad. had some good runs

if I had to rate them I would say they were relatively even......I liked barkley's ability to get the ball out quickly....hard to tell if Tebow was affected by instant pressure and bad snaps to the point that it did not allow him to throw downfield......he had a nice rollout to Bailey that he threw high so Bailey could catch it...any lower and it hits the CB in the head.....I wonder if he gets a shot with the 2s at all.....the 4th quarter was brutal to watch again.....his O line was butchered in pass protection....

Your pushing the JC agenda here, ole friend.

Barkley was good. Teblow was not. That's all there is.

Tim keeps proving he is what we knew he was. He's got some size and is a decent athlete. But he's much slower having been out of the game for 2 years and his throwing motion still takes a week. He telegraphs every throw.

There was nothing shown today that would suggest he's gotten close to being an NFL QB. He's just not.

I love a nice guy. I just don't put him on a roster because he's a nice guy. That spot is for a quarterback. Teblow is NOT a quarterback.
Joegrane
Sanchez - inaccurate and late in recognition.

Yes, what happened to him?! He was much worse than he was last year. He looked like a 3rd string QB.

Barkley - looked really good and comfortable. Would have been better if not for Ag's drop. Good to see.

Yes, if he continues to look that good someone will offer Chip a pick for him. He looked better than the Colt's #2, the veteran Hasselbeck.

OG play - looked solid in pass protection, decent in run game.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with the O Line until the 4th Q. Tebow did not have much time to throw most of the 4th Q. My impression is that Gardner is likely to earn the RG spot.

Overall, when you look at Chip's offense, it amazes me how many guys are always wide open. If Bradford can put it on the $, we should be good to go.

I agree. Hopefully the O Line can hold up for him.

Thankfully M. Smith did not look like a bust.

Ed Reynolds looked like he wants to make the team. Two nice Ints and other good plays. Nice to see someone back there stand out.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.