Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I will be watching for tomorrow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Well, the #1 thing is not an option as Bradford is sitting and really, the #2 thing won't be much of a factor as Sanchez is only playing very little.

That leaves me the following top things to view:

1. The play of the OG. Barbre is solidified as the starter at LG, and there are three in the mix at RG. They say Gardner is the leading candidate there followed by Moffit. Rumblings that Tobin has played so bad he may be cut. Gardner and Barbre are both much better run blocking that pass protection. Is our OG tandem as good as last year?

2. The play of the DB's. Hopefully they let them play for a while so we can see what they got. Most interested in Thurmond at S, Rowe and Carroll at CB and Watkins at S/CB. Is there the significant improvement over last year?

3. The play of the WR's to see what we have there. Are Agholar and Huff both better than Cooper? Can Austin add anything? There has been very little said about him all camp. Are we better at WR than we were last year?

4. R. Mathews and D. Murray. Will their system compatible running styles produce results better than what we had last year with Shady?

5. Celek and Burton. Do they look capable of holding the fort down for a week or so if they have to until Ertz mends?

6. OLB's. Is there anyone not named Graham or Barwin that can step up and contribute as solid depth? I noticeon the depth chart, they still have the better depth all at the ILB spots. Seems like way too many OLB's and no OLB depth. Can ILB's be effective outside?

7. Tebow and Barkley; who looks better? I hope they make it a fair competition by having them both play with each of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams. I will watch them closely, not really out of interest per se, but so I have something to add to the inevitable shit storm that will hit the board this week

Ced83
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 15 2015, 06:50 PM) *
Well, the #1 thing is not an option as Bradford is sitting and really, the #2 thing won't be much of a factor as Sanchez is only playing very little.

That leaves me the following top things to view:

1. The play of the OG. Barbre is solidified as the starter at LG, and there are three in the mix at RG. They say Gardner is the leading candidate there followed by Moffit. Rumblings that Tobin has played so bad he may be cut. Gardner and Barbre are both much better run blocking that pass protection. Is our OG tandem as good as last year?

2. The play of the DB's. Hopefully they let them play for a while so we can see what they got. Most interested in Thurmond at S, Rowe and Carroll at CB and Watkins at S/CB. Is there the significant improvement over last year?

3. The play of the WR's to see what we have there. Are Agholar and Huff both better than Cooper? Can Austin add anything? There has been very little said about him all camp. Are we better at WR than we were last year?

4. R. Mathews and D. Murray. Will their system compatible running styles produce results better than what we had last year with Shady?

5. Celek and Burton. Do they look capable of holding the fort down for a week or so if they have to until Ertz mends?

6. OLB's. Is there anyone not named Graham or Barwin that can step up and contribute as solid depth? I noticeon the depth chart, they still have the better depth all at the ILB spots. Seems like way too many OLB's and no OLB depth. Can ILB's be effective outside?

7. Tebow and Barkley; who looks better? I hope they make it a fair competition by having them both play with each of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams. I will watch them closely, not really out of interest per se, but so I have something to add to the inevitable shit storm that will hit the board this week

I will be watching the rookies at every position. Mainly the secondary.
Joegrane
I'm most interested in the following:

Does M Smith look like a football player for the defensive side of the ball or does he just simply have the mindset of an offensive player?

Does the secondary have enough cohesion at this time to even look respectable? Do Carroll and Thurmond look clueless or is there a chance this is going to work? They will be facing good QBs!

I understand it will take time for cohesion on the O Line, but does it look like there is a chance they have enough talent at G?

Does B Graham look like he will be a beast or just a solid DE/OLB?

As some commentators have predicted, I will linger to see how Tebow looks. I assume it will be closer to how he played in Denver than his better days in camp this year. I expect much inconsistency, but he needs to show flashes of "potential"

The WRs will look different to the eye of the fan when they have an extraordinarily accurate passer throwing to them. I don't expect Sanchez to be extraordinary. Veteran analysts will likely have interesting comments about the WRs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.