Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teblow still the 4th QB on the official depth chart
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Just released today.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 14 2015, 12:00 PM) *
Just released today.

Damn! When I opened your post and read "Just released today", I erroneously thought you meant god's little adopted son was released, but then realized you were talking about the depth chart. Oh well, it is only a matter of time, hopefully.
xsv
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 14 2015, 12:34 PM) *
Damn! When I opened your post and read "Just released today", I erroneously thought you meant god's little adopted son was released, but then realized you were talking about the depth chart. Oh well, it is only a matter of time, hopefully.

Maybe. Barkley's been having a pretty bad camp, though. Not as bad as Teblow, but bad all the same. If the two are going to give similar results as a QB, then I can see keeping him for his added value as a wildcat runner, as others have suggested..

I thought that Barkley was going to perform at a much higher level, but he seems to have regressed, not just this year, but each year.
Dreagon
And he will remain listed as fourth until either he or Barkley is cut. It simply means Barkley was third on the depth chart to begin with.
mcnabbulous
Barkley started as a true freshman for a big time HS program and USC but he has looked overwhelmed from day one. I had some questions about his physical attributes, but I thought the other part would be a breeze. He's terrible.
JeeQ
Our QB Depth Chart looks like the "All-Time Peaked In College" Team

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 14 2015, 02:01 PM) *
Barkley started as a true freshman for a big time HS program and USC but he has looked overwhelmed from day one. I had some questions about his physical attributes, but I thought the other part would be a breeze. He's terrible.

Have to agree with you...he does not have swagger at this level...
nephillymike
Zack Berman said yesterday that if you were to judge this 3rd string QB competition based on passing accuracy, quickness of decisions and making the right decisions, Barkley is way ahead based on their play in camp.

That said, they still give Tebow a good chance for three reasons:

1. It's no secret that the Eagles and Barkley would prefer a trade to happen. That is an extremely powerful factor. I'm thinking if someone gives us a 7th that is upgradeable to a 6th or some good depth at a position of need, he's gone.

2. Tebow is known to be a poor practice player. The thinking is he will close the gap with decent game performances in the preseason.

3. Although he has denied it many times, people suspect Chip has something up his sleeve to use Tebow in a non traditional QB role. They would have to activate him in the 46 to do this which may be tough if he isn't a ST player, but maybe they use him to run the ball late in games because they're afraid Bradford can't.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 15 2015, 11:55 AM) *
Zack Berman said yesterday that if you were to judge this 3rd string QB competition based on passing accuracy, quickness of decisions and making the right decisions, Barkley is way ahead based on their play in camp.

1. It's no secret that the Eagles and Barkley would prefer a trade to happen. That is an extremely powerful factor. I'm thinking if someone gives us a 7th that is upgradeable to a 6th or some good depth at a position of need, he's gone.

2. Tebow is known to be a poor practice player. The thinking is he will close the gap with decent game performances in the preseason.

3. Although he has denied it many times, people suspect Chip has something up his sleeve to use Tebow in a non traditional QB role. They would have to activate him in the 46 to do this which may be tough if he isn't a ST player, but maybe they use him to run the ball late in games because they're afraid Bradford can't.

1 - Can't see it. The Eagles will keep Barkley if he clearly outperforms Tebow, and if he doesn't then he'll be cut. No one will trade for a third string QB who has done nothing so far in his professional career.

2 - If Tebow outperforms Barkley in the preseason games then he will get the job. Let's just hope that whoever is the third string QB earns it rather the other guy losing it by being abysmal.

3 - If we're going to sit Bradford late in games I'd rather have our back up QB getting some snaps and our RBs carrying the ball than some gimmick who makes Hoying look like Marino.
Zero
1 - Can't see it. The Eagles will keep Barkley if he clearly outperforms Tebow, and if he doesn't then he'll be cut. No one will trade for a third string QB who has done nothing so far in his professional career.With the dearth of 'capable' QBs in the league some team may want other than a rookie backup. If Barkley performs well during preseason I could see a 6th or 7th given for him.

2 - If Tebow outperforms Barkley in the preseason games then he will get the job. Let's just hope that whoever is the third string QB earns it rather the other guy losing it by being abysmal.Kelly is showing himself to be a risk taker. He is also known as an innovator. Put those two together and he may keep a more versatile QB over one who had a better preseason performance.

3 - If we're going to sit Bradford late in games I'd rather have our back up QB getting some snaps and our RBs carrying the ball than some gimmick who makes Hoying look like Marino.I agree with this. I don't a scatter armed QB throwing INTs late in a game.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 15 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Number 1 seems kind of silly for a beat writer to say.....I don't doubt he said it but if that is the case then evry team in the league knows that Barkley is dead to the Eagles which means he has little or no trade value.

Number 2 is likely true seeing as there is a few articles that refer to the coaches acknowledging Tebow as a game time player....judging from his numbers in games I can't say I see it but I am not there and they know a 100 times more than I do.

Number 3 is no surprise...I said that from the start...if they keep him it is likely to run the ball in a wildcat style to run out the clock or get short yardage.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 15 2015, 07:37 PM) *
Number 1 seems kind of silly for a beat writer to say.....I don't doubt he said it but if that is the case then evry team in the league knows that Barkley is dead to the Eagles which means he has little or no trade value.

Number 2 is likely true seeing as there is a few articles that refer to the coaches acknowledging Tebow as a game time player....judging from his numbers in games I can't say I see it but I am not there and they know a 100 times more than I do.

Number 3 is no surprise...I said that from the start...if they keep him it is likely to run the ball in a wildcat style to run out the clock or get short yardage.

Do you think Chip uses the 46th active spot for a 3rd string QB, non ST player who comes in for a few QB runs?

I don't see that. ESPECIALLY given the investment we made in our RB"s who are piad to run the ball !!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 15 2015, 08:55 PM) *
Do you think Chip uses the 46th active spot for a 3rd string QB, non ST player who comes in for a few QB runs?

I don't see that. ESPECIALLY given the investment we made in our RB"s who are piad to run the ball !!

we had a pretty big investment in our RB last year and that did not translate into short yardage success so maybe Chip is looking to add a little twist...a big maybe but who knows with Chip?

I am not saying it is likely or smart.....it is just the only reason I can see to keep tebow
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 15 2015, 11:01 PM) *
we had a pretty big investment in our RB last year and that did not translate into short yardage success so maybe Chip is looking to add a little twist...a big maybe but who knows with Chip?

I am not saying it is likely or smart.....it is just the only reason I can see to keep tebow

I think Tebow will make some plays today to keep the battle close.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 16 2015, 11:12 AM) *
I think Tebow will make some plays today to keep the battle close.

I wonder if he sees time with the 2s to gauge his performance or if he has to try to do it with the guys who will be bouncers at Delilah's in 3 weeks....

your thoughts?...lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 16 2015, 10:30 AM) *
I wonder if he sees time with the 2s to gauge his performance or if he has to try to do it with the guys who will be bouncers at Delilah's in 3 weeks....

your thoughts?...lol

To me, it is a no brainer to have them both share time with the two's and three's as that would be a fair competition.

However, Chip has said things in the past regarding open competition that have not seemed to ring true:

A. Boykin would have a shot to win the starting outside CB job. Did not happen, despite Boykin being the higher rated OCB on those plays he was outside and our starting CB's being beyond incompetent.

B. Sanchez would have a fair QB competition with Bradford. Since Bradford has been in training camp, Sanchez has gotten about 10% of the snaps with the ones. Today, he will play very little to limit his time in the spot light.

My guess is that Chip will lean the playing time to advantage the guy he wants to win the 3rd spot. I don't know who that is, but we should know based on playing time and groupings he uses today.

JeeQ
Tebow is the anointed one and will play great enough today to give every Tebow fan enough hope to brag all week... The Tebow for starter talk starts in just a few hours from now
Zero
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 16 2015, 11:58 AM) *
Tebow is the anointed one and will play great enough today to give every Tebow fan enough hope to brag all week... The Tebow for starter talk starts in just a few hours from now

I don't think so.
D Rock
Typical TeBlow today. New mechanics my ass. You could prepare, consume, and clean up lunch in the time it takes him to complete that goofy ass wind up of his.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 16 2015, 04:45 PM) *
Typical TeBlow today. New mechanics my ass. You could prepare, consume, and clean up lunch in the time it takes him to complete that goofy ass wind up of his.

.Mayock may disagree with you....or should I say he did during the broadcast....his throwing motion is short now...looked pretty average

That being said I think you are crazy....his motion was fine...it was his head that got in the way...took too long to move on to the second and third progression in a pocket that lasted 2 seconds....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.