Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford not playing Sunday.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
So says Chip.
Ced83
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 14 2015, 10:43 AM) *
So says Chip.

Not shocked.Chip went got the most injury prone players he could find clearly Chip knows nothing about evaluating a players injury history.
mcnabbulous
WTF does evaluating injury history have to do with Bradford? Do you think Chip was unaware that he was coming off of two straight ACL injuries?

Chip just knows that Bradford is better with one leg than Foles was with two.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 14 2015, 11:16 AM) *
WTF does evaluating injury history have to do with Bradford? Do you think Chip was unaware that he was coming off of two straight ACL injuries?

Chip just knows that Bradford is better with one leg than Foles was with two.

You're a Chip lover so you would be ok if he brought in a midget too play Qb. What Foles did in 13 Bradford could never do. Brittle Bradford has done nothing too prove he's better than Foles.
xsv
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *
Not shocked.Chip went got the most injury prone players he could find clearly Chip knows nothing about evaluating a players injury history.

All signs point to Bradford being fully recovered. But he's only been back for two weeks. I think they just want to make sure they aren't needlessly rushing him back in.

Foles clearly wasn't the answer, so I'm ok with trying something else. I'd rather have Mariotta, but that was a pipe dream. I don't think there were any other options.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 14 2015, 12:28 PM) *
All signs point to Bradford being fully recovered. But he's only been back for two weeks. I think they just want to make sure they aren't needlessly rushing him back in.

Foles clearly wasn't the answer, so I'm ok with trying something else. I'd rather have Mariotta, but that was a pipe dream. I don't think there were any other options.

Kelly said he thought Bradford was disappointed in his decision but "it wasn't a debate." Kelly indicated Bradford will play in the second preseason game, Aug. 22 against Baltimore, which will follow a week of practices with the Ravens.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/...0FjoyzSGywHP.99

Pretty much what I expected
Ced83
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 14 2015, 11:28 AM) *

I can't say if foles was or wasn't the answer he was great one season and not so good this past season. I would have to like to see another season of Foles to judge him. I wanted Mariota over Sam also but as of right now we don't have a sb caliber Qb on the roster.
JeeQ
There's still a 99% chance Bradford gets injured just being on the sideline
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 11:22 AM) *
You're a Chip lover so you would be ok if he brought in a midget too play Qb. What Foles did in 13 Bradford could never do. Brittle Bradford has done nothing too prove he's better than Foles.

Foles will never do it again either. And Foles has missed time in each season that he's played.

If a midget didn't backpedal every time he sniffed pressure, I'd prefer him to Foles.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 12:34 PM) *
I can't say if foles was or wasn't the answer he was great one season and not so good this past season. I would have to like to see another season of Foles to judge him. I wanted Mariota over Sam also but as of right now we don't have a sb caliber Qb on the roster.

Do you watch coach's tape of the games? I think our coaches do and what they saw was that Foles, despite the exemplary record of 2013, showed similar flaws in both seasons. In one of those seasons the football gods smiled on him, but in year two his flaws caught up to him. You don't need 48 games to evaluate a guy, and Foles isn't exactly the kind of QB who has proven he can stay on the field either.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 04:22 PM) *
What Foles did in 13 Bradford could never do.

The NFL Hall of Fame is filled with QBs that never had a season like Foles did in 13. That season was an outlier and should never be used
to gauge the worth of another QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 05:10 PM) *
Chip knows nothing about evaluating a players injury history.

And you know nothing about football. A match made in heaven.

Ced83
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 14 2015, 12:23 PM) *
Do you watch coach's tape of the games? I think our coaches do and what they saw was that Foles, despite the exemplary record of 2013, showed similar flaws in both seasons. In one of those seasons the football gods smiled on him, but in year two his flaws caught up to him. You don't need 48 games to evaluate a guy, and Foles isn't exactly the kind of QB who has proven he can stay on the field either.

Bradford can't stay on the field either. But I know Foles sucks because Chip said so right?
Ced83
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 14 2015, 01:37 PM) *
The NFL Hall of Fame is filled with QBs that never had a season like Foles did in 13. That season was an outlier and should never be used
to gauge the worth of another QB.

You judge every player by his numbers. Foles has been to the playoffs and ww would have made it last year if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Bradford has done nothing but stay on ir.
Ced83
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 14 2015, 01:49 PM) *
And you know nothing about football. A match made in heaven.

You're a complete idiot.
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

cool.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 07:59 PM) *
You judge every player by his numbers. Foles has been to the playoffs and ww would have made it last year if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Bradford has done nothing but stay on ir.

WTH does that have to do with my response to your statement, "What Foles did in 13 Bradford could never do."?

You said Bradford could not do what Foles did in '13 and I said the HOF is full of QBs who never did what Foles did in '13 so that season
should not be used to measure the worth of a QB.

Try to follow the conversation.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Incorrect statement.

#1 Bradford is a vastly superior QB than either MM or Foles. But the Foles & MM crowd will NEVER come around to that fact.

#2 Bradford is certainly a SB caliber QB, which, if he stays healthy, will be proven out in Philly.

#3 The MM & Foles crowd pray daily for Sam to get hurt, shame too because no finer human being walks this earth.

To each his own, it will be fun to re-visit this after the season is over.
Ced83
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 14 2015, 05:48 PM) *
Incorrect statement.

#1 Bradford is a vastly superior QB than either MM or Foles. But the Foles & MM crowd will NEVER come around to that fact.

#2 Bradford is certainly a SB caliber QB, which, if he stays healthy, will be proven out in Philly.

#3 The MM & Foles crowd pray daily for Sam to get hurt, shame too because no finer human being walks this earth.

To each his own, it will be fun to re-visit this after the season is over.

Not a Mariota guy but I like him better than Sam. Mariota is not a sb caliber Qb. With Bradford we not beating Seattle or Gb. Check it down Sam is mediocre at best.
Ced83
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 14 2015, 02:05 PM) *
WTH does that have to do with my response to your statement, "What Foles did in 13 Bradford could never do."?

You said Bradford could not do what Foles did in '13 and I said the HOF is full of QBs who never did what Foles did in '13 so that season
should not be used to measure the worth of a QB.

Try to follow the conversation.

I'm not going to follow stupidity. IMO Foles is better end of story.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 06:25 PM) *

Those two sentences conflict.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 14 2015, 07:37 PM) *

He will just lead in stupidity.
Zero
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *
Not a Mariota guy but I like him better than Sam. Mariota is not a sb caliber Qb. With Bradford we not beating Seattle or Gb. Check it down Sam is mediocre at best.

QBs have a tendency to play better in Kelly's system. It strikes me as presumptuous that anyone would speak so positively about something that hasn't occurred yet and a bit silly to pigeon hole a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL. We're all entitled to our opinions but we shouldn't confuse our opinions with facts. Just sayin.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 11:25 PM) *

Hard to follow when you are leading the pack.

I bet you think that is a compliment.
Ced83
[quote name='Zero' date='Aug 14 2015, 07:32 PM' post='273738']
QBs have a tendency to play better in Kelly's system. It strikes me as presumptuous that anyone would speak so positively about something that hasn't occurred yet and a bit silly to pigeon hole a player who hasn't played a down in the NFL. We're all entitled to our opinions but we shouldn't confuse our opinions with facts. Just sayin.
[/quote
Bradfords a bum. Just except it.
Ced83
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 14 2015, 08:51 PM) *
Hard to follow when you are leading the pack.

I bet you think that is a compliment.

Well kid I beat my own drum.Im not going to tell you what you wanna hear if I don't agree.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 14 2015, 06:37 PM) *

Oh I get you stepping and bird watcher fetching.Got it.
nephillymike
It's like Christmas morning when you get a new toy but can't play with it all day because you have to go visiting relatives all day.

My take on this is way different than Chip's.

We need him to be ready by week 1 of the season.

What if he is a little rusty, a little gun shy after missing so much time?

Wouldn't it make sense to have him start that process Sunday, so that if he struggles, he has a week to get it out of his system and is better for next week as opposed to having a bad start next week?

We should have given him all chances to get back in the live bullets of the NFL. If he's always had these skills that he's been showing in camp, then it's the live sessions and the rushing happy feet, check down tendencies that have caused his poor play to date in the NFL. We need to give him every opportunity to rid those issues.

Just thought that another week would help.
mcnabbulous
Chip has more riding on Bradford than week 1 of 2015.
Reality Fan
I think it would have been better for Bradford to take a few snaps rather than buil his anxiety having to wait until week 2....the guy already has to have a lot going on in his head.
D Rock
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 11:25 PM) *

laugh.gif

See him play tonight?
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 15 2015, 03:25 AM) *
Chip has more riding on Bradford than week 1 of 2015.

Mic Drop

biggrin.gifj
Zero
I'm not overly concerned that Bradford won't be playing. I'm more concerned about Ertz's injury.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 15 2015, 03:36 AM) *
Well kid I beat my own drum.Im not going to tell you what you wanna hear if I don't agree.

I did not realize the youth of today called it a drum. Beat away, you will meet the right girl or guy sooner or later.
Zero
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 15 2015, 08:19 AM) *
I did not realize the youth of today called it a drum. Beat away, you will meet the right girl or guy sooner or later.
laugh.gif jumpclap.gif
Ced83
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 15 2015, 07:19 AM) *

I think you're into guys I heard Chip was single. Go for it dude.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 14 2015, 11:50 PM) *
I think it would have been better for Bradford to take a few snaps rather than buil his anxiety having to wait until week 2....the guy already has to have a lot going on in his head.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, I agree on this post.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *

Mettenberg will be starting by seasons end in Tennessee you can bank that.

then you will have a real shot at adding another duck to the eagles after Bradford shines then thumbs his nose at you and all such "fans" and leaves for free agency.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 15 2015, 01:48 PM) *
I think you're into guys I heard Chip was single. Go for it dude.

Sounds like my lucky day.

Is Moby Dick the backing track to your self abuse?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 15 2015, 08:50 AM) *
Can't believe I'm saying this but, I agree on this post.

You are merely agreeing with the correct call...the same thing happened in St. Louis right before Bradford tore hi knee up....Fisher held him out of the first game and Bradford was even more anxious waiting for the 2nd game...lets hope history does not repeat itself.....bradford tore his knee up the 2nd time in the 3rd preseason game...
Ced83
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 15 2015, 07:54 AM) *
Mettenberg will be starting by seasons end in Tennessee you can bank that.

then you will have a real shot at adding another duck to the eagles after Bradford shines then thumbs his nose at you and all such "fans" and leaves for free agency.

Only a fool would give Bradford 20 mil a season. I would never pay an injury prone player big money. Mariota will be a bust anywhere but philly he would be able to run Chip's offense to the fullest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.