Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How satisfied are you with the Eagles as of right now?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Whichever way you want to define satisfaction, whether it is team history of success or failure, this teams future and expectations, excitement, outlook for this year, activity in the community, commitment to winning, fan appreciation, Chip, Billy, the players personalities and skills, or some combination of the above, whatever it may be for you how satisfied are you right now with the Philadelphia Eagles. Obviously this will change as training camp and the season goes along, but just trying to get a feel for where everyone is.

One the 1-10 scale, with 10 being ecstatic, 1 being totally pissed and five being middle of the road.

I'm at a 6 right now.

Excited about the season and it's possibilities.
Liking what we're hearing of Bradford
Disappointed because I thought we could have been in a better spot.
Overall, I feel appreciated by the team
I like the personalities of the players a lot
I think Chip is an offensive mastermind as an OC, but boxed in by system beliefs as the head guy.
Happy with their activity in the community.

If we kept Maclin, Mathis and even Boykin I'd be much higher. Didn't see the need to take a step back.

Anyone??
mcnabbulous
I'm about an 8 right now. Love the decision to go with Bradford. Can't imagine too many organizations would have the fortitude to make a move away from Foles, despite him not being very good.

Feel like we are moving in the right direction. Do fear Chip will get sick of the bullshit though.
Birdwatcher
More optimistic than you, but you see it as year three, while I think of it as year 1 of Chip after two years of Howie/Chip. I am looking forward to watching a young talented roster develop, and that is what I expect to see. And I still expect them to be pretty good.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 11 2015, 07:44 PM) *
More optimistic than you, but you see it as year three, while I think of it as year 1 of Chip after two years of Howie/Chip. I am looking forward to watching a young talented roster develop, and that is what I expect to see. And I still expect them to be pretty good.

What's your rating, 1-10?
Joegrane
I'm giving them an I for incomplete. I think this is a rebuild/reload with no expectations on their part to be playoff ready this year. There are too many unknowns, especially related to health and team chemistry.

I don't doubt that they could get lucky and make the playoffs.

The receiving core might click and Bradford might stay healthy enough.

The O Line might come through especially if the veteran Moffitt stabilizes the RG.

The secondary might come together, but I doubt it will be greatly more effective than it was last year.

If we kept Maclin, Mathis and even Boykin I'd be much higher. Didn't see the need to take a step back.

I agree but it was unreasonable to think Maclin was coming back. Philly was going to have to greatly over pay Mac. Now he gets to go home and be home town hero for a city that is STARVED for a real WR.

For a rebuilding team I understand the desire to loose one of the expensive, 30+YO OGs and Boykin, even though I liked those players.

A few group members will wait to give an opinion. If they keep Tebow, they will vote 0 and CC will vote 10 : )

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2015, 09:01 PM) *
What's your rating, 1-10?

8 if you need a number
xsv
I'd say 7. I really think Bradford is going to help a lot, and I love what Chip has done with the team. I like that he isn't afraid to give the next guy up a shot. I like that he's not afraid of getting rid of guys he doesn't think fit.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2015, 08:09 PM) *
Whichever way you want to define satisfaction, whether it is team history of success or failure, this teams future and expectations, excitement, outlook for this year, activity in the community, commitment to winning, fan appreciation, Chip, Billy, the players personalities and skills, or some combination of the above, whatever it may be for you how satisfied are you right now with the Philadelphia Eagles. Obviously this will change as training camp and the season goes along, but just trying to get a feel for where everyone is.

One the 1-10 scale, with 10 being ecstatic, 1 being totally pissed and five being middle of the road.

I'm at a 6 right now.

Excited about the season and it's possibilities.
Liking what we're hearing of Bradford
Disappointed because I thought we could have been in a better spot.
Overall, I feel appreciated by the team
I like the personalities of the players a lot
I think Chip is an offensive mastermind as an OC, but boxed in by system beliefs as the head guy.
Happy with their activity in the community.

Anyone??

Zero
I used to define 'satisfaction' as:

Why have I followed a team for as long as I can remember? I remember only 1 Championship and no Super Bowls. There have been more attacks on the city and the people of Philadelphia because of this team and us, the fans than I can count. We and the team have been the punch line of more jokes than I can count.

Joe K, Richie K, Swampy, Dick, Ray, Andy and Chip. Jerry, Leonard, Norman and Jeff. And who will ever forget Ratman?

Satisfaction? From the last play of the season my interest sprouts all over. Handling key players, front office and coaching moves, prep for FA, FA, the draft, OTAs, TC, preseason and then the games. My interest isn't just 16 - 19 games a year, it's the entertainment factor 12 months a year.

2015 has literally exploded with activity and we're only a week into TC so far. Satisfaction? You can't handle satisfaction! This has been the most entertaining six months of Eagles since 2004 and we've just started! This is like sitting with the sexiest lady ever and we're just touching hands and brushing eyes. I'm starting at 8 but this could grow to a 10 pretty quickly as long as she doesn't have a package. ohmy.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 11 2015, 08:23 PM) *
I'm giving them an I for incomplete. I think this is a rebuild/reload with no expectations on their part to be playoff ready this year. There are too many unknowns, especially related to health and team chemistry.

I don't doubt that they could get lucky and make the playoffs.

The receiving core might click and Bradford might stay healthy enough.

The O Line might come through especially if the veteran Moffitt stabilizes the RG.

The secondary might come together, but I doubt it will be greatly more effective than it was last year.

I agree but it was unreasonable to think Maclin was coming back. Philly was going to have to greatly over pay Mac. Now he gets to go home and be home town hero for a city that is STARVED for a real WR.

For a rebuilding team I understand the desire to loose one of the expensive, 30+YO OGs and Boykin, even though I liked those players.

A few group members will wait to give an opinion. If they keep Tebow, they will vote 0 and CC will vote 10 : )

Cmon, no "I"'s allowed.

1-10, how happy are you with the team/organization today??
Eyrie
I'm at 6 right now.

I like our offense, providing Bradford can stay healthy. I remain concerned that the weakness on the OL will limit the success that we can have.

I'm waiting to be convinced by our new look secondary (being better is a given, but will they actually be good?). I'm also worried by the lack of depth at OLB.

STs will be a strength again.
Pila
I'm a 9.9 - I'm holding the last tenth out of spite for Chip's signing Teblow.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 12 2015, 02:41 PM) *
I'm a 9.9 - I'm holding the last tenth out of spite for Chip's signing Teblow.

9.9? LOL. You're not drinking the Green Kool-Aid, you're spooning it right out of the canister and eating it.
Pila
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 13 2015, 12:17 PM) *
9.9? LOL. You're not drinking the Green Kool-Aid, you're spooning it right out of the canister and eating it.

I'm bathing in it on a Disney-sized jacuzzi resort while gargling the cess foam. And I'm not letting any of you motherfekers jump in once it becomes obvious we're winning the Superbowl. Not unless you got big tits.
xsv
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 13 2015, 11:07 AM) *
I'm bathing in it on a Disney-sized jacuzzi resort while gargling the cess foam. And I'm not letting any of you motherfekers jump in once it becomes obvious we're winning the Superbowl. Not unless you got big tits.

LOL!!

You have really cranked it up a notch lately, Pila. Hilarious.
Birdman420
I'm at an 8, My knowledge of the team and the moves have taken a dip since chip came in. I find myself not paying attention to the details as much but I'm very excited for game 1 of the season and watching what kind of team we really have take the field.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Pila @ Aug 13 2015, 11:07 AM) *

Do man titties count? Of course they will be tastefully supported in a brozeer ohmy.gif
Pila
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 13 2015, 11:17 PM) *
Do man titties count? Of course they will be tastefully supported in a brozeer ohmy.gif

Sounds like they're a handful, make it a lace bra and you're in!
mcnabbulous
It's either a manssiere or a bro
Pila
Sam can call it what he wants.

P.s. I like tan lines.
american_champion_reborn
10.. For the first time in a long time.. I'm proud to have my children root for the Eagles..

And I feel that more teams should follow suit.. If all 32 teams come together and eliminate the thug culture.. No tolerance.. I mean why should child abusers like Adrian Peterson and these cats who slap their baby mamas up ever play again?? .. Is playing on a football field making millions really what the Adrian Peterson's and DeSean Jackson's of the World deserve??.. Or do they deserve to drop the soap with bubba in prison??.. (edited, Osceola)
nephillymike
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 16 2015, 08:59 AM) *
10.. For the first time in a long time.. I'm proud to have my children root for the Eagles..

And I feel that more teams should follow suit.. If all 32 teams come together and eliminate the thug culture.. No tolerance.. I mean why should child abusers like Adrian Peterson and these cats who slap their baby mamas up ever play again?? .. Is playing on a football field making millions really what the Adrian Peterson's and DeSean Jackson's of the World deserve??.. Or do they deserve to drop the soap with bubba in prison??.. (edited, Osceola)

And if Tebow would somehow lose the 3rd QB spot battle to Barkley, what would your satisfaction rating be then?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 16 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Osceola)

are you Michelle Obama?
FlySusanFly
I'm very happy, surprisingly. If Bradford can stay healthy, and the O-line doesn't fall apart like last year, it could be a fun season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.