Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rowe to get a look at Slot CB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Makes since to get the best guys on the field.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 11 2015, 10:47 AM) *
Makes since to get the best guys on the field.

Where did you see this? I thought they were going to keep him outside for consistency's sake.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 11 2015, 12:08 PM) *
Where did you see this? I thought they were going to keep him outside for consistency's sake.

In the pre-practice presser. Chip said it, I believe.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/...-august-11-2015

Scroll down.
mcnabbulous
Cool, thanks. I'm personally fine with it. I like the idea of being able to move guys all around. I just thought they had said they were going to try to avoid that with him.

I feel pretty good about what we're doing back there, in the whole scheme of things.
nephillymike
They say the slot is tough for rookie Cb's to play but I would imagine his experience at S in college make it a little easier. True outside CB's aren't used to not having the sideline as a defender and aren't used to all of the traffic in the middle.

I hope he does well.

They say he was significantly behind Carroll, so he has a shot to get on the field. Go for it.

I was they would have Watkins compete there also, or bring Thurmond in the slot at times and have the thrid S take over for Thurmond.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 11 2015, 07:50 PM) *
I was they would have Watkins compete there also, or bring Thurmond in the slot at times and have the thrid S take over for Thurmond.

I read that Watkins is in the mix. I also think they're looking at a lot of different mixes including Thurmond. Maybe Rowe could take over for Thurmond when he moves to the slot.
Zero
Jaylen Watkins took the first-team reps at nickelback, the position he believes he can win (see story). His good camp continued Tuesday. Watkins supplied the coverage on Matthews on the touchdown near the end of practice, but Watkins didnít get toasted or outclassed. Bradford just put the ball where only Matthews could make the catch. In 7-on-7s, Watkins broke up an attempted connection from Bradford to Matthews on a back-shoulder throw in the end zone. Rookie second-rounder Eric Rowe took the second-team slot reps
Linc ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.