Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting quotes from a couple of players on the team about Chip
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Two 'anonymous' players made these statements:

"Chip is not a racist. The notion he is isn't fair. The thing with Chip is he just doesn't see you as a person. He sees you as a commodity. The more players get that, the better off they'll be."

The player added: "Chip's attitude towards players doesn't bother me. I actually like it. I know where I stand with him. You understand that he doesn't want to be challenged so don't f--king challenge him. It's pretty simple. I get it. Some guys don't."

A second African-American Eagles player said: "He sets the agenda. You don't follow it, you're dead to him. That's not racial. Some guys handle it well, some guys don't."

So he isn't as warm and fuzzy as big Red, grow a pair boys, Chip wants guys all on the same page...team first. I know too many players play for other reasons, but I am on board with building the team with the kind of players that he is looking for.
Zero
The other thing a couple of players have mentioned is that he has a very real open door policy.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 10 2015, 04:13 PM) *
The other thing a couple of players have mentioned is that he has a very real open door policy.

As it pertains to football, according to Boykin he was not interested in 'shooting the shit' which evolved into 'not understanding our culture.' Shouldn't the player's have to learn to understand the coach's culture? Isn't he the boss? That is something our younger generation seems to misunderstand in general. Highly paid & talented twenty something athletes miss it even more often. Chip liked Boykin in the slot, Boykin wanted to play outside, who does not understand who?
Zero
I don't want to start anything, but it's definitely something that is permeating our society today. It's all about 'me' and accountability is non-existent.
Reality Fan
I hate anonymous quotes...they reek of bullshit.....used by lousy reporters trying to get a headline...
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 10 2015, 05:38 PM) *
I hate anonymous quotes...they reek of bullshit.....used by lousy reporters trying to get a headline...

Yep. As soon as I see, "anonymous quote", I give it all the credibility it deserves, none.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.