From what we're reading, the rust is falling off of the Sam Man faster than I thought. Most of us probably expected him to evolve as a leader pretty quickly, and were hoping his knee would be OK. What may be a surprise is that it sounds like his arm is launching passes to a place that his brain sees before it's there, and most of them are very precise. This is something we haven't seen in a long time. I don't remember seeing anticipation passes from DMac, Vick, Foles or Sanchez. With the space this offense creates for the receivers, and the YAC accurate, anticipation throws will offer, this could be a very dangerous offense.

The other player that may contribute to an offensive surprise is Ryan Mathews. All of the attention was on Murray, but when he was out dehydrated then sick, apparently Mathews was really shining. Reports had him decisively hitting all the right holes and using his speed and athleticism to blast past defenders. I know it's TC, but a guy like that coupled with Murray and Sproles in a run-first offense setting the table for an accurate passer throwing to spots where the receiver will be ....

I know, the guards aren't settled yet. devil03.gif